PDA

View Full Version : Out on the town in uniform!

troppo
8th May 2004, 07:23
*Entertainment Value Only*

Two pilots spotted at The Whitehouse :ok: in Auckland in the wee small hours of this morning. It wasn't the matching white shirts, blue pants and big watches that gave it away, it was the flashing of the flightcrew licence to prove you weren't bus drivers :p

Anyways hope you enjoyed the entertainment! ;)

splatgothebugs
8th May 2004, 07:51
Shame shame shame, thats deffinatley a laugh and a half.

Well done boys.

splat:ok:

HEALY
8th May 2004, 09:16
Must be related to the pilot in Perth, WA who went to a nightclub doing the same. This could start another 'Cringeworthy' thread

Keg
8th May 2004, 11:04
Don't know the airline involved but occasionally crew get turned around and find themselves without the required clothing to effectively manage the situation.

As an example, I've flown in a business shirt instead of my uniform shirt due to being disrupted? Is this the same as going out on the town in a uniform shirt? Perhaps the same thing happened to these blokes. When I go out in a foreign country, the only ID I take is my QF one. It means that if anything should happen to me, QF get called first and they can put the support services in place better than a call to my wife at home. I happen to put my ID in a little wallet with a clear plastic sleeve on it. If I open it to get money out, my ID shows. Is that 'flashing' it around?

I loved the 'cringeworthy' thread and thought it hilarious however not every crew that ends up out and about in quasi uniform is trying to be a hero! (And no, it wasn't me either! :} )

troppo
8th May 2004, 11:20
Keg - valid point...but these guys are locals! :suspect:

Dawn Raid
8th May 2004, 14:11
Dear oh dear oh dear ... here we go again!

I like it; a Trans Tasman 'cringe worthy' thread.

Keep it coming :ok:

Dawnie

luna landing
8th May 2004, 14:25
Is that the same as walking around the streets of Whore Chi Minh City with Pacific Airlines wings and bars on picking up LBFMs and getting the locals to refer to you as Bond - James 007:rolleyes: