PDA

View Full Version : Relpys to recent threads

20-17
7th May 2004, 22:30
I have read some of the recent threads like 'Emerald Crash at LPL', 'Servisair loose Air Wales at CWL' and 'Centralised load planning at Servisair' and can't believe responces are from what I suspect are not educated people who have real experience within the industry.

Opsmaster3, CWLLPL and 03Headsetman, can I presume that you are in at least Duty Manager positions with handling companies at your respective stations? From your responces I can only presume that you have years and years of experience within all aspect of GH along with budgets and SLA's!

I THINK NOT. YOU HAVE PROBABLY BEEN IN THE BUSINESS LESS THAN 18 MONTHS AND THINK THAT YOU KNOW IT ALL.

Seen it before. Until you have the necessary experience, don't make complete kocks of your selfs and fall back into the position that you belong. You are the types that make the industry have a bad name and you do not have a business brain cell to go along with the vacant area.

If you feel that strongly about the current state of your employees, leave and go into the real world as I am sure that the grass is greener!

Ground handling takes so many knocks, yet it is full of dedicated staff, from top to bottom, who try their best under extreem circumstances. Most carriers are happy wth the service that is given throughout the UK, yet it is the same that are mentioned on this site all the time.

For everyones sake, grow up, chill out and don't take it so personnally. You could work in a call center after all!!

Cheers and have a good summer

:ok:

mickey71
8th May 2004, 00:35
hi 20-17

i am not a regular on this website,every now and again i have a
look in to see whats going on.

i have looked through some of the subjects that have been
posted on here lately and the responses,i cannot believe
the negativety thats on here!

i totally agree with what you are saying,if you have plenty
of knowledge i.e 10 years plus in ground handling,
dispatch,loadcontrol and ops then feel free to make
a valid point but if you have been in it 5 minutes,
please wait a little longer.

its a tough industry,more so now than ever with the
low-cost boys making the bottom drop out for us all!

those of you who are worried for your jobs,i can sympathise,
been there seen it done it,i think you will guess where
i work,we have lost air uk (klm uk)go fly and ryanair,
we once handled upto 150 departures ,a day now
we are down to perhaps 30,did not know what the
future held,but one thing i can say is that the changes
we have gone through are and have been for the better
and we are stronger all round for it,staff wise, financially and
morale!

so all you doom and gloom mongers please stop and think
for a minute until you have been through it save your comments.

apart from that i wish you all a prosperous and as good as
summer you can have!

good luck boys and girls

Approach_plate
8th May 2004, 08:41
I THINK NOT. YOU HAVE PROBABLY BEEN IN THE BUSINESS LESS THAN 18 MONTHS AND THINK THAT YOU KNOW IT ALL

I can confirm that one of the persons mentioned in your post has been in the job for 5 years + and is one step below a duty manager.

Two of those threads you mentioned have had a big effect on Servisair at Cardiff and there are some pretty p**sed off people there. How would you take it if you found out that your job was no longer there because the French owner of your company wants to save even more money so they can pay their directors even more???

IF THE ISSUE DOSN'T EFFECT YOU THEN DONT BITCH ABOUT IT

jafo33
13th May 2004, 09:31
Approach plate,

Sorry to hear your job might be at risk. This can be hard times for a lot of people. However the other thread mentioned, the poster is a Handling Agent at Liverpool. All that can be said of his post is that if he comes near one of my flights, I'll be tempted to kick him out of the freight door.

Lies and scare-mongering like his jeopardise many peoples jobs and create more harm than good. Yet I do not see any of his colleagues here to criticise him.

A little professionalism is not much to ask.