PDA

View Full Version : EZY 733 BRS-BIO turnback?

Localiser Green
7th May 2004, 21:08
Anyone know why the EZY6187 (B733) BRS-BIO flight this afternoon turned back - landing in BRS again after about 40 minutes flight time?

A319 from LGW came in about 3 hours later to take the Bilbao passengers and the subsequent BRS-EDI-BRS flight this aircraft operates was cancelled. Aircraft is still on ground @ BRS (G-EZYF).

Cheers.

MerchantVenturer
7th May 2004, 22:20
The 319 (G-EZEJ) is currently parked on stand one on the eastern apron according to the BRS eastern apron website. It arrived from BIO at 2230 and is shown as sched to return to LGW at 2345. Is this the first easy 319 to operate a fare paying flight at BRS I wonder?

The returned B 733 (G-EZYF) is currently parked on stand sixteen on the eastern apron and is shown as due to depart for PMI in the morning.

I have no idea why the 733 returned and was replaced by the 319.

I feel for the EDI pax if the late evening rotation was cancelled having used this flight several times myself.

Localiser Green
7th May 2004, 22:37
4 hour delay on a Heraklion flight tonight too (22:45 STD now an 02:45 ETD).

A few unhappy punters at Bristol today with a 4 hour delay on the Bilbao (after a return), EDI cancelled and that 4 hour wait starting your holiday to Crete :(

It doesn't rain it pours I guess....

Would be interested though to hear what happened to G-EZYF if anyone has the contacts (WWW?)

codeco
8th May 2004, 05:55
The delay on the HER was longer than that. The flight was due to be operated by a HER based HH B734, however that developed a fault with the air conditioning unit, they hoped to get it fixed and operate the flight to Bristol. As the flight routes HER-CWL-BRS-HER they bussed the CWL pax to BRS so the aircraft would have to make only one stop. However it became clear as 02:00L approached and no movement that the aircraft wasn’t going anywhere. HH ops decided to use the BRS based HH B734, the aircraft that should have operated this mornings RHO flight, for the HER and hopefully find get a sub-chartered aircraft to do the RHO. They were expecting at least a 5 hour delay on the RHO flight. I think the HER flight got away at about 06:00L. All fun and games and its only the first week!

Regards

redfield
8th May 2004, 18:45
The HH RHO flight was eventually subchartered to Thomas Cook, and rescheduled to arrive at BRS at 1545 local and depart to RHO 1645, almost 12 hours late. The based HH a/c TF-ELD went to HER when it should have gone to RHO, and routed BRS-HER-RHO (posn) and then brought the RHO pax back to BRS. This a/c was then sched to op. the KGS rotation. The way things were going, the HH a/c was possibly likely to be back at BRS before the Thoms Cook arrived! A nightmare for the handling agent I guess, with pax stranded overnight in the terminal. "Fun and games" is not the word!:{

codeco
8th May 2004, 19:44
As an employee of the handling agent working the night I concur it was a nightmare, though I think we must have gotten away lightly compared to the day shift today.

FlapsOne
8th May 2004, 21:26
EZ don't fly to HER.......why the connection?

Oshkosh George
9th May 2004, 02:30
I think the thread was highjacked!

redfield
11th May 2004, 22:51
Localisr Green - the BIO came back due to a u/s pito tube.