PDA

View Full Version : She's off to Kenya

Bra1vo
7th May 2004, 18:13
My wife has just accepted a Health Care position in Nairobi and I am fortunate enough to get to tag-along. Anyone that can steer a Yank from Utah (non-mormon) towards a job in Kenya or thereabouts would be greatly appreciated. Also, any info on license conversion would be helpful.
Currently flying a Citation Bravo w/ 3100 hrs tt and 1600 in type.
Thanks. Bra1vo

B Sousa
7th May 2004, 21:33
You seem to emphasize your not one of the Utards....Anyway, you will have your hands full trying to find a job, but there are other things to do there such as enjoy the place.
Go over to Wilson Airport and visit the East African Aero Club. Be prepared to down a few Tuskers. Within a few days you will have a good idea as to whats available...........
Also say hello to Simon the Pieman at his Eurocopter Dealership. Hes also at Wilson........
Other than that watch out for your health. Be aware of malaria and personal hygiene. Bad bugs running around there.

Autorotate
8th May 2004, 07:36
Get Simon to take you to Carnivores, great food and beer.

Bert - Went there with Gerry, Art and the boys. Great time.

Autorotate.

lone Falcon
8th May 2004, 14:27
Hey B1,

If youre going as a tourist thats not a bad Idea, but getting work at wilson these days with the new laws the Kenyan Govt, I wish you good luck.

Converting the licence from FAA, you will have to sit for something like 5 papers. plus an Instrument checkride. Offcourse some cash too !! maybe lots depends on how much RAM memory you have !!

I know of two operators who have citations at Wilson, namely Transworld and Phoenix.

Like all the other guys said get ready to down a good amount of Tuskers at the aeroklub;)

once again Good luck

LF

Bra1vo
8th May 2004, 16:30
Utard, that's funny. How did you know about that? We Utards must have quite a reputation. Alot of young men in white shirts and ties around there, eh?
Anyway, thanks for the quick responses and helpful info. This was my first post and am excited to see how it is going. Any more info you have would be great. Bra1vo

manamana
20th May 2004, 14:15
Cessna 208 ratings are pretty usefull in Africa, try get one if you don't have it.

Best of luck.