PDA

View Full Version : Transmile Air MD11s

wv4175
7th May 2004, 16:38
Heard from the grapevine that Transmile Air has finally decided on the aircraft for their fleet upgrade.....MD11s. Prob. initially 3 aircraft...all ex passenger variants, to be converted to cargo. Not at all suprised as there are heaps of MD11s out there, awaiting their fate.
Still a relatively new aircraft and it is indeed sad to see them being stored all around, esp in the US.
Anyone can confirm the above?
If it is true, well done transmile! Many of us do love the MD11!

NB: Hope that Transmile will rethink their paint scheme as the current one is not ( how should i say)......very appealing! It will not look good on the MD11....what do u guys think?

mainwheel
7th May 2004, 17:30
Mail is that they are building a new hangar in subang, that can take a 747.

FougaMagister
8th May 2004, 10:07
Guys, would Transmile be interested in a JAA "frozen" ATPL/IR, low-hour flyer (like, say, me)? I have contacted the company several times both in writing and via e-mail, but have never had an answer. I'd love to work and fly in Malaysia, and I'm aware of licensing issues (not too hard when coming from a JAA background, since Malaysia seems to be going that way). Flying any of their types would certainly make my day (or, rather, my night)!

LooseConnection
8th May 2004, 17:08
Word is 2 X MD11's and have also heard one of the "chiefs" is of to look at a couple Stateside within the week.

FougeMagister I believe they have been hiring F/O's as many as they can get lately, but the word from the inside is that they need Captains and there is none to be found.

wv4175 Colour scheme is OK if you haven't arrived on tarmac with a little to much jungle juice in the system :E

wv4175
8th May 2004, 18:26
LooseConnection,
yeah i guess......anyways, and idea as to who will be given the honour of crewing the 2 magnificent birds? Will it be new type rated crews or upgrading the current 727/737-200 jocks?
We will have to wait and see..i guess. Anyways, good for them! Hope to see more MD11s operating here.....
As for the color scheme..............well, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!
Fly safe u guys.............
:ok:

LooseConnection
10th May 2004, 00:12
MD11's apparently "wet lease" initially then promotion from within, as they have always done unless short of crew as they are now.

Believe it when they are on the tarmac with the logos painted on, not before. :hmm:

lesenterbang
10th May 2004, 03:25
On the color scheme thing, does transmile has any color scheme lately? I guess they just take any color it comes in, remove the previous operator's name, and put on their own name there.

Just look at the 727s...............

MJPilot
10th May 2004, 19:00
Does anyone have any recent infos about their
Jet-Transition-Program in their 727 (or maybe 737)??

geo7E7
12th May 2004, 12:15
Latest we heard it'll be something in between Fedex and UPS...!;)

jolly27
15th May 2004, 09:08
:cool:

Try swissair colors

lesenterbang,
its not the colour scheme that makes the company... its the people within it that rakes in the money.

Well, to me, the flight crew flying those "jurassic" dinasours (as categarized by most airline standards) has proven themselves to be able to fly anywhere around the world, anytime.

Hv a jolly time flying

mainwheel
21st May 2004, 15:10
How does one convert 2 current swissair MD11's to 3 compatable freighters. Some time and thought spent now may save money down the track. But spin the dice anyway, good lucks.

Zair
29th May 2004, 00:38
Does anyone have a telephone number for Transmile Air? Received a job offer the other day but haven't had a reply to my e-mails yet. Wouldn't mind talking to someone before I run off and get a rating.

Cheers, Guys

jolly27
29th May 2004, 08:07
:cool:

ZAIR,

Ayaya. new customers to Transmile Air at 03-78473757

hv jollly flying day

Zair
30th May 2004, 08:23
Thanks for the number appreciate it, jolly. Will try monday, any particular time which would be best?

Which department will this "new customers" number put me in touch with?

Cheers