View Full Version : CASA Raids Meatbombers No3

rs480
7th May 2004, 12:12
DIRT DART OPERATOR must be changing sides as he is doing all he can to have his operation closed down.

11.15am today two DIRT DARTS thru 8/8ths onto a non-conforming DZ.

rs480
:D

QNIM
7th May 2004, 12:24
Gday rs480

Yep can confirm that , heard the departure call from the lift driver but no drop call, the cloud was 8/8ths and solid, so maybe he want's to go down in flames taking all his employees with him.
God help the employees.

Q

pol
10th May 2004, 00:00
Ho Ho Ho 4DAYS TO GO

pol
:ok:

pol
13th May 2004, 23:12
:D AND HO HO HO SOME MORE :D

SKYDIVE City operator Luke McWilliam faces 21 charges filed by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.

The Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions has confirmed Mr McWilliam is to appear in Geelong Magistrates' Court on May 14.

HERE COMES THE JUDGE :p

pol

QNIM
14th May 2004, 10:30
Gday pol
I think you’ve got your seasons out of whack, but the airspace users around this area reckon it’s Christmas because they can conduct their flying without being intimidated by aggressive lift pilots or meatbombs appearing out of 8/8ths cloud. We can only hope that justice will prevail.
They are still dropping onto land without a permit, as of today.
Cheers Q
:yuk:

Ang737
15th May 2004, 02:17
Anyone got any news if any of the charges stuck... What sort of fines is he up for

GW_04
20th May 2004, 12:02
Hey QNIM...
why so quiet over there?
Can you let us know whats hapening with my old mate over the ditch?
You guy's were all fired up about the 14th, and I'm waiting to hear what the outcome is.
I guess its not a straight win for you guy's or you would be all on?

Some one let us know if you could how things are going down there for the business etc....
A lot of people I know have worked, jumped, flown there and it would be nice to know how all is.
I hope its a positive outcome for all concerened as there are a lot of peoples careers and family's etc. affected by all this.

Thanx
G

:)

QNIM
20th May 2004, 22:11
Gday GW
Sorry tried to scan and post the local news paper report regarding the hearing.
What happened was McWilliam has pleaded not guilty and would be calling a number of witnesses and the court was ajurned till the 6th of july. I believe the DPP is only calling a few witnesses as the have a heap of other evidence.
Cheers Q
I will type out the report when I have some time later.

QNIM
21st May 2004, 11:01
Gday

From the Geelong Advertiser May 15

Skydive operator faces charges

Karen Mathews

A Barwon Heads skydive operator has appeared in court on 21 counts of breaching air safety including, one count of unauthorised/modification/repairs of an aircraft.

Skydive City is the same parachute club where 24 year old British skydiver Clare Barnes plummeted 14000 feet to her death in March this year.

Skydive City operator Luke Maxwell McWilliam 36 of Barwon Heads Road Marshall appeared briefly in the Geelong Magistrates Court yesterday while his legal representative John Maitland announced he would be contesting the charges.

Mr Maitland asked that the matters be adjourned to a contest mention in Melbourne but magistrate Jon Klestadt said it was normal procedure for matters to be heard in the local where they happened.

The case was adjourned for a future mention at the Geelong Magistrates Court on July 6.

pol
23rd May 2004, 23:44
Hi Q
Just fixed my scanner problem but you beat me to print,good stuff hey.

By the way, I heard a whisper the CASA action is causing the operator to fill his pants and it's not with Dollars.

pol :ok:

QNIM
24th May 2004, 10:45
Gday pol

If I was facing 21 charges I would be Sh#tting my pants also, it seems that those who cr#p on others finally get their just deserts, and thats a desert with no cream.

Cheers Q :ok:

Lukeatme
4th Jun 2004, 14:14
All is very Quiet? ooppss

Disco Stu
6th Jun 2004, 11:19
It is also very QUIET:ok:

Disco Stu

Tinstaafl
6th Jun 2004, 17:45
Yes.... Quite. :p

Disco Stu
6th Jun 2004, 22:43
SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH be quiet

g'day tinny

Disco Stu;)

QNIM
10th Jun 2004, 11:05
Gday
Heard last Saturday on EN tower frequency, request to drop into Royal Park and descend, tower replies we can’t see any holes are you sure they will remain clear of cloud, pilot replies ok will do another orbit and run in.
Seems even with all these charges to face next month, this mob still don’t give a stuff for regulations prohibiting dropping through cloud.
When will the gutless APF take some action?
Cheers Q

Lukeatme
11th Jun 2004, 00:22
What!!! you must be joking? this is the act of someone who does not care about anyone or any rules, will part with no tears when this guy gets done!!!

nig&nog
19th Jun 2004, 06:55
I had flown for the accused family for many years and found them to be great people. There where never any rules broken when I was there because I would have had to be the one breaking them. The only way operators are breaking the rules are by there pilots. If you are not happy with the op then just leave. I hope John Maitland gets all the charges dropped and that they can continue the business.

Lukeatme
19th Jun 2004, 09:35
I have been there for 30+ years and this is the first time this area has had any problems at all by rule breaking idiots so do not expect me to move on he must obey the rules of CASA or he indeed should move on!!!

And do not try to tell me he has been around here for many years you must have flown with or for him at some other drop zone, he is causing problems here and now!!!

pol
5th Jul 2004, 22:47
HI “Q’

Well it’s court again today, I hope he has his bowyangs on or it will leak into his shoes and onto the floor.

pol

QNIM
6th Jul 2004, 07:14
Gday pol

Just heard on the local radio station.
Local Skydiving proprietor Luke McWilliam pleaded guilty to 21 charges in the Geelong Magistrates Court, he has been placed on a 12 month good behaviour bond and must make a $10,000.00 donation to a local hospital.
I can’t understand why you would employ a lawyer to plead guilty, it is also alleged that there are some more charges coming down the pipeline.
A couple great things have resulted from today, the hospital can do with the money and if McWilliam breaks the bond, he will be back up in the court quicker than a rat up a drain pipe.
One can only wonder what APF will do now that McWilliam has confessed to breaking the rules, surely they can’t ignore the fact or they will be seen to condone rule breaking.

Great news for the safety of the other airspace users.

Cheers Q :p

Gday

Found this on AAP

Skydive club pleads guilty to safety breaches
July 6, 2004
Page Tools

* Email to a friend
* Printer format

The owner of a Victorian parachute club where British skydiver Clare Barnes plummeted to her death was placed on a 12 month bond today after pleading guilty to 21 safety breaches.

Luke McWilliam, owner of Skydive City Club at Barwon Heads in Victoria\'s south-west, also was ordered to donate $10,000 to a local hospital.

The safety breaches were not related to the death of club member Ms Barnes, 24, who was the daughter of British Minister for Europe Denis MacShane and journalist Carol Barnes.

McWilliam pleaded guilty today to the breaches during a hearing at Geelong\'s Magistrates Court, despite previously denying all allegations.

McWilliam, 36, of Barwon Heads Road, Connewarre, had changed his plea to avoid a costly and lengthy trial, his lawyer John Maitland said after the hearing.

The court was told that, in a raid on the club Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA), investigators had seized 20 videos which showed skydivers jumping through cloud on 20 occasions dating back to May, 2003.

The other charge, in relation to the modification of an aircraft, arose when investigators saw on the videos that a toilet roll holder had been attached to the outside of a plane with gaffer tape.

Mr Maitland told the court the toilet roll holder was used as a marker for skydivers to see whether it was in the right position before a proper handle was fitted to the aircraft.

"This matter is definitely a one-off," Mr Maitland told the court.

Over the past seven years, more than 20,000 jumps had been made safely at the club, which employed 25 people and was one of the biggest in the country.

There had been only one fatal accident at the site, the court was told.

The death of Ms Barnes in a jumping mishap in March was not related to McWilliam or the club, the court was told.

Magistrate Terry Wilson put the married father of two on a 12 month, $5,000 bond, ordering him to pay $600 costs and to make a $10,000 donation to Geelong Hospital with no tax deductions.

No conviction was recorded, but Mr Wilson warned McWilliam he had an obligation to ensure the safety of skydivers at his club.

He said if McWilliam appeared before the court on similar charges in the next 12 months, he would be ordered to pay $5,000 as part of his bond order.

"Provisions do exist in respect to people jumping through cloud," he said.

"Now you\'ve come under notice you must be especially careful you don\'t breach that requirement. The obligation is there for safety.

"Your obligation is to ensure the safety of students is paramount."

After the hearing, Mr Maitland said going to trial would have cost more than the fines imposed if found guilty of the safety breaches.

He said his client decided to dispose of all the matters today in a bid to avoid a lengthy and costly trial.

- AAP

rs480
6th Jul 2004, 09:23
Hi “Q”

Well I’ll be buggered are we now to believe this idiot did breach CASA and APF Reg’s, placing peoples well being at risk?

Must be a kick in the guts for all his supporters to find out he is a liar.

As for the APF, well it will be business as usual as long as they get their share of the $$$ history shows they have selective vision.
No skin off their nose if someone is injured or killed.

Any truth in the rumor it’s not over yet, more charges to come?
I wonder if any of these chaps will have as much to say now?

Boney
the wizard of auz
Hung Starter
Bach
luke@yourselves
kerplunk
GW_04
Johhnyrelegate
Maxgrad
Spinnerhead
Currawong
BackdoorBandit
C.A.

rs480 :O :D :ok:

QNIM
7th Jul 2004, 07:58
Gday
Front Page Geelong Advertiser.

I'M GUILTY: SKYDIVER

Wednesday, July 7
NATALIE STAAKS

SKYDIVE City owner Luke McWilliam yesterday pleaded guilty to 21 aviation safety breaches before later backpedalling and claiming he was innocent.

McWilliam is to pay $10,000 to Geelong Hospital and was yesterday given a 12-month good behaviour bond and a warning to take care of his parachuting students.

Geelong Magistrates' Court was told the Civil Aviation Safety Authority had seized more than 20 videos from Barwon Heads' Skydive City Club which showed students dropping through cloud cover.

The videos, which students paid for as part of their parachuting experience, showed the cloud cover on certain occasions before and during the jump, the court heard.

One charge related to the maintenance of the plane, when investigators saw the inner tube of a toilet roll gaffer-taped to the outside as a marker for where a real handle would later be fixed.

Concerns about the safety of parachutists and others using the Barwon Heads airport prompted CASA to place a ban on Skydive City dropping parachutists within two miles of the airport.

But after court McWilliam claimed he was innocent of the charges and pleaded guilty for financial reasons.

The court had heard it would cost McWilliam about $25,000 to defend the charges in a trial and he later said he preferred to give money to a Geelong charity.

John Maitland, for McWilliam, told the court that of 20,000 jumps taken by the Barwon Heads company in the last three or four years there had been no problems except for ``an unfortunate but unrelated incident''.

Clare Barnes, the daughter of a high-profile British television newsreader and politician, plummeted to her death above Connewarre in March.

Her parachute failed to open. An inquest into her death is yet to be held.

In sentencing McWilliam yesterday without conviction for the unrelated safety breaches, magistrate Terry Wilson said he had been put on notice and would have to be especially careful to abide by the regulations.

``It is there for safety quite clearly . . . that being the case your role as an instructor is to ensure that the safety of your students is paramount,'' he said.

A CASA spokesman said the Skydive City ban on dropping parachutists near the airport remains in place.

But he said positive mediation between McWilliam and other users of the airport had taken place and a decision on the ban would be forthcoming.

There's nothing like publicity, made it to both Melbourne papers should help the punters make an informed decision on who to or not skydive with and the instrument is still in place.

I'm still smiling :O

Cheers Q

the wizard of auz
8th Jul 2004, 03:39
Well, I did post my reply.........but I got woomeried again. :rolleyes:

Hey Woomera, If your going to keep deleating my posts, how about you edit the questions that are requiring an answer.
Just to keep it all in context.

rs480
8th Jul 2004, 08:28
Hey “Q”

what was that a Squeak I heard or the Swish of a wand

rs:ok:

the wizard of auz
8th Jul 2004, 08:52
quick, quick. sign on in your other username and support yourself some more. :rolleyes:
I reckon your just jelouse your wand is to small to swish. ;)
you better read this quick........it'll get woomeried shortly.

pol
8th Jul 2004, 08:59
Hey wiz

You were pulled off by Woomera and you're complaining :cool:
My the wand does play funny tricks on the brain :p

pol:E

the wizard of auz
8th Jul 2004, 09:02
There ya go!!!!.as predictable as ever.

pol
8th Jul 2004, 09:20
Hey wiz

What are you on about with the username bit? :confused:

I think you have lost the plot. :=

Maybe you should get some professional help, I believe the skydiver operator has a good psych. :D

He may be willing to go on a cost share basis with you. :ooh:

pol :ok:

Wizofoz
8th Jul 2004, 09:26
QNIM et al,

At the risk of encouraging rational debate rather than mindless mud slinging, assuming the L Mc now toes the line and only drops in VMC, how do you percieve this will make things safer for you? Are you intending to see-and-avoid free-falling skydivers moving vertically at around 120Kts? I am not condoning deliberate rule breaking, but It would be foolishly simplistic to assume Legal=Safe, Illegal=Dangerous.

Neither equation is necessarily true.

the wizard of auz
8th Jul 2004, 09:37
hey Wiz, careful, they(or actually him) will have you as a wand waver if you dare to disagree.
although, I would be interested in seeing if he can dodge a skydiver.

rs480
8th Jul 2004, 10:10
Hi Wizofoz

Its not the free-falling skydivers that are such a big problem it is those under canopy popping out of cloud.

Honestly I do not believe this operator can toe the line, but place his DZ 3NM from the local airfields and mark it a danger area on the charts and who cares? We would all avoid it like the plague.

This may come as some surprise to many but the local airport users have offered their support to help this operator find an off field DZ and have approached the local council with this idea receiving a positive response.

But when put to the operator he replied it was not an option.

THIS OFFER STILL STANDS

rs480

utedrivingpilot
8th Jul 2004, 10:11
qnim, rs480 you have a conflict of interest so you all get on pprune and back each other up. if you guys could fly half as well as some of the pilots on the list of names you wrote out and showed some airmanship then maybe all parties could have been happy.

pol
8th Jul 2004, 10:21
Hey Blondie

Got the wrong Guy my hangar is further down the line

pol

the wizard of auz
8th Jul 2004, 10:27
Hehehe...............and his other usernames hanger is too. :} :E

rs480
12th Jul 2004, 10:10
The whisper is, CASA's on is boil and heaps more action to come

rs

QNIM
12th Jul 2004, 22:58
Gday
A little birdie tells me that at long last the correct and unadulterated information has a last reached the person who really counts in CASA, and I notice the Instrument is still in place, so the area remains a much safer environment for the other airspace users.
CASA must be applauded for there action in this matter and after the guilty plea I can see no plausible reason for them to lift it this would only be a step backwards.
I cannot see any reason accept for the income why the APF cannot do now what it is alleged some in the organisation have longed to do for along time get rid of Skydive City.
Safe Skies
Cheers Q

pol
14th Jul 2004, 00:05
Australian Parachute Federation
Code of Ethics
As members and officials of the Federation and its member organisations, we are governed by such regulatory documents as the Constitution, Operational Regulations, Disciplinary Procedures Handbook and Rigging Advisory Circulars. In addition, it is imperative that we conduct ourselves in a way which will uphold the professional reputation of the Federation when involved in operations and business activities relating to parachuting. It is therefore a condition of APF membership that all members and member organisations adhere to the Code of Ethics outlined below. Non-compliance could result in the loss of membership or refusal of affiliation.
The following principles set out the ethical standards which the Federation expects to be upheld.
THIS DOCUMENT INDICATES THE NON-COMPLIANCE to this code by LUKE McWILLIAM
As members and officials, we shall at all times:
1. Implement the Federation's regulations and policies so that the highest possible standards of safety and professionalism are maintained. NON-COMPLIANCE
2. Conduct our professional and parachuting activities in a way which upholds and enhances the reputation of the sport and the Federation. NON-COMPLIANCE
3. Act honestly, fairly and properly in dealings with students, other parachutists and with the general public. NON-COMPLIANCE
4. Refrain from intentionally spreading false or misleading information, whether written, spoken or implied. NON-COMPLIANCE
5. Refrain from knowingly using or being party to improper or illegal methods and practices in business and operational activities. NON-COMPLIANCE
6. Refrain from any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, gender, age, disability, etc, when such factors do not prejudice the safe conduct of the sport. NON-COMPLIANCE
7. Refrain from intentionally injuring the professional reputation of any other member, parachuting organisation or the Federation. NON-COMPLIANCE
8. Continue to acquire professional skills and knowledge, thereby improving our personal competence and knowledge of the sport. NON-COMPLIANCE
9. Encourage and assist others to develop good attitudes, skills and knowledge relating to the sport. NON-COMPLIANCE
If any member has evidence that another member or member organisation has been guilty of unethical practices, it shall be his/her duty to inform the Federation or its appointed officers.
LUKE McWILLIAM HAS PLEADED GUILTY OF UNETHICAL PRACTICES
WHAT ACTION HAS THE APF TAKEN

pol

C.A.
14th Jul 2004, 07:20
Nice one wiz. How correct you are.

Hey pol, thats not the new hangar going up is it? El Presidente we salute you.

Utedriver, relax a bit big fella, its ok! They dont deserve your frustration. We all know that these guys talk every day face to face and just retype on here pretending they dont. This thread has become only interesting to us all to see what utter crap they can come up with this time and laugh AT them. Yes boys, we are laughing at YOU! Get out and fly rather than sitting here whining about flying. Trust me its more fun!

QNIM/POL,(Thats for you wiz) Who really cares what Mc and his legal team do. Who cares if he pleads guilty or not.
Remember you may be fighting to stop him, but its the airport owner that suffers and doesnt get paid her dues.

Guys, overall its time to move on. And today is as a good as ever time to start seeing it would have been Clare's birthday:(. Bury the hatchet guys and get back to some serious fun in the air, thats what aero clubs are there for arent they, to encourage more flying.
It cant be that difficult to find a safe way to mix all operators at a small country dirt strip. Idea number one, what if all circuits were now to the east and dropping to the west. That kind of idea works most other places ive seen. I hope youre listening CASA. Could it be that simple? Shouldnt we be here trying to find a resolution rather than bitching?

Anyway lifes too short fellas, enjoy today and forget the past. Trust me the future is more important!

C.A.

rs480
14th Jul 2004, 09:15
Try this for size

The operator pleads GUILTY in the court.
The operator walks out of the court and states he is not guilty.
The next day he writes to the local news stating he is innocent and why.

Me thinks he has committed PERJURY to reduce the punishment factor and so do some of the legal eagles around town.

Rumor has it the question is going to be put to the Magistrate Terry Wilson.

rs

BackdoorBandit
14th Jul 2004, 10:49
I dont know why all you guys think our old mate is using two ID's to get his message across?

Here is a little ripper I noticed a while back, I have done a copy and paste on it. Notice it is posted by "pol" but signed by "Rs480". It was taken from CASA raids meatbombers No.2, for those that would like to take a look.

pol
Instead of being 'just another number' I could order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe
posted 16th April 2004 00:03
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Lukeatme

The operator can’t string a couple of sentences together without a lie.

Mcwilliam stated in the Geelong Advertiser 15 April.

“SkyDive City had restricted jumping at the paddock and had moved to a recreation reserve in Collendina”.

The word is it is private land owned by a couple of Doctors in Sydney.

Next sentence

“I must say that 90 per cent of parachutists land on rural land”

Next sentence

“The only places in Australia that parachutists do not land in an airfield is on a beach.''

What happened to the rural land?

I guess to read all the lies one would have to obtain the Gospel According to Skydiver LUKE.

Rs480

I guess the poor old fella just can't remember who he is most of the time.
Now about those hangers?

the wizard of auz
14th Jul 2004, 13:06
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA, well done. Very observant. I was wondering if it was just me that picked that up. I was just playing it out for as long as I could though.............just for fun you understand........;) :D .

QNIM
16th Jul 2004, 07:17
Gday sactaf
If your sick and tired of reading my posts its easy turn off your computer turn on your television and watch Sesame Street or something simular I’m sure you will find that far more stimulating. As for mowing or painting not me. I would like to point out if you operate an aircraft outside its published parameters and bend it the insurance company won’t pay up, so I think you have been given false information.

Gday bush mechanics
Never owned a terry towelling hat that’s the type some lame’s wear isn’t it?
I would probably fit in with your local gliding club as I found all that I have come in contact with very safety conscious and don’t break the safety regulations just for the almighty dollar.
Never lost any charts or penetrated controlled airspace without a clearance and have never had any query on my queens English as for being a menace to aviation I’m only a menace to those who intentionally ignore and break the safety regulations.

I think the pair of you should with a few other dysfunctional souls who can’t debate with out personal attacks, take some time to read and absorb the contents of Danny’s post.

Having another great day.
Cheers Q :O

bush mechanics
17th Jul 2004, 02:46
well firstly im not a member of any gliding club,And also Im not a lame!!!

QNIM
17th Jul 2004, 11:32
Gday bush mechanics
Have you digested Dannys post yet?
Three months ago I couldn't spell enjuneer now I is wun.
Safe flying.
Cheers Q :p

rs480
20th Jul 2004, 09:06
C.A.:8

Don’t know what you have to laugh about I’m the one who’s working and increasing my assets.:D

You’re right the airport owner is suffering but ......... Removed! Libelous!! :mad: Woomera

It may not be that difficult to find a safe way to mix all operators at a small country dirt strip with reasonable law abiding operators, but remember Mc is NEITHER REASONABLE or LAW ABIDING. (See QNIM 6th July) :ooh:

You’re right the future is more important and that is why we are working towards safe operations at the airport so all can enjoy their sport safely.

rs

C.A.
21st Jul 2004, 00:50
RS
The reason for the laughter is that we are all aware you and the boys are at the airport every day and talk all the time so why come on to a public forum rehashing all that you have already said and pretending like you havent spoken in ages. It makes you look silly.

(Oh yeah, im always increasing assets too, whats that got to do with all this??? Bit lost on that point.)

Bills being paid has never been mentioned before. I dont think you ever have said on this forum that this was the reason you guys started this action was it? And from your previous replies it sounds like you just dont want him there, not because you care that hes not paying someone.
Before the problems with you guys getting nasty, im sure that bills must have been paid. Maybe your action is the reason they are not now! If my landlord and their friends were trying to sabotage my business, i wouldnt pay them either. Im sure you must understand that.

I seriously hope you can find a way to operate all together. Remember that all operators on the aerodrome have supplied a lot of smiles on a lot of faces over the years, it would be a shame for that to stop. Good luck in your endeavours!

CA

PS What was with the smiley with glasses? No problem with my eyes, and i surely couldnt be classed as a nerd by you could I?

rs480
22nd Jul 2004, 08:45
CA

Not paying one’s debts is not only unethical it's unlawful

Oh dear it fits the operators profile

rs:ok:

the wizard of auz
22nd Jul 2004, 11:33
I would have thought crapping on under several usernames to rally suport for your self was dishonest and unethical.
whats good for the goose is good for the gander, hey RS?.

rs480
26th Jul 2004, 09:18
Hey “Q”

Rumor has it the operator faces the magistrate again on the 18th August.

Still running true to form.

rs

QNIM
26th Jul 2004, 10:26
Gday
Wouldn’t this mean he has broken his good behaviour bond? And will back facing the original charges again, wonder how John MGod will handle this one, plead guilty coz I’m innocent or the other way round?
Anyway no news from CASA is great news still safe to fly around without having to keep looking up towards solid cloud wondering where the next one’s going to appear.

rs480
30th Jul 2004, 09:59
justapplhere

Not if it is true and I checked with the boys in blue.

How about you?

rs

GEELONG ADVERTISER

Dive ban may stick

Friday, July 30
NATALIE STAAKS

A BAN on Skydive City dropping parachutists within two nautical miles of the Barwon Heads airport looks set to remain indefinitely.
Australia\'s aviation watchdog yesterday said the ban would stay despite mediation attempts between Skydive City owner Luke McWilliam and airport owner Barbara Begg.

Civil Aviation Safety Authority spokesman Peter Gibson said the regulator was satisfied with the current level of safety at the airport.

But the ban remains temporary and has not yet been made permanent.

Safety concerns of airport users prompted CASA to put the ban in place in February this year.

It means McWilliam is unable to drop parachutists over the Barwon Heads airfield and has forced him to find alternative drop zones.

McWilliam yesterday said a plan for parachutists to be dropped on one side of the airfield and planes to operate from the other had not yet been signed off by CASA.

McWilliam estimated a $1.3 million loss of flow on effects to the Barwon Heads area from his business since the ban was put into place.

A three-year investigation into Skydive City by CASA resulted in McWilliam being found guilty of 21 safety breaches in Geelong Magistrates\' Court early this month. He received a 12-month good behaviour bond and was to pay Geelong Hospital $10,000.

Both CASA and McWilliam are still to front an Administrative Appeals Tribunal after McWilliam applied for a review of decisions made by the aviation authority.

That hearing is set down for the end of August.

rs ;)

Lukeatme
1st Aug 2004, 07:33
Justapplhere

Deaf a motion this skydive operator, he just does not seem to get the message from anyone!!!

Lukeatme
14th Aug 2004, 07:14
RS 480

Hey how is it all going down that way? no probs.?

rs480
24th Aug 2004, 09:28
Hi Lukeatme

Things have been wonderful not a DIRT DART in the sky even though there has been heaps of cloud.

I found this on a new post made my day HA :D HA:D HA:D

:E Another Meatbomber's Big Fizzer :E

Gday

The Administrative Appeals Tribunal today chucked out Skydive City’s application to revoke the instruments prohibiting them from jumping into Barwon Heads Airfield. The member stated that the application was Vexatious and Frivolous, had to get out my trusty oxford.

Vexation Harassing by means of malicious or trivial litigation.
Sounds like the threats to anyone opposing them around the area.

Frivolous Paltry, Trifling, Futile, Silly, Not serious.

So it’s off to the Federal Court now, me thinks the same result.

So still safe to aviate in the area.

Cheers Q

THIS IS GOOD STUFF “A”

Court records show the operator faces the magistrate again on the 14 September on other matters and don’t forget the coroner still has to have his say.:uhoh:

I bet they won’t find the results Frivolous Paltry, Trifling, Futile, Silly and Not serious. :\

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOYS; YOU’RE PUTTING YOURSELVES OUT OF BUSINESS WITHOUT HELP FROM ANYONE ELSE.

rs480: