PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on this weekend?

topcat450
7th May 2004, 10:21
Its a long shot, but anyone got any ideas of something to do on Sunday this weekend, Midlands area? Can be aviation or non-aviation related. A cracking day out is needed.

The Touring Cars at Silverstone were top of my list until I found out it'd be 60 for two of us to go!! :yuk: :mad:

So, other suggestions gratefully received.:ok:

Stockpicker
7th May 2004, 10:36
Off to the races myself tonight (Hamilton Park, any tips?) and notice from the BHB website that there are meetings at Uttoxeter and Market Rasen on Sunday - any use to you, tc ?

timmcat
7th May 2004, 10:51
for two of us to go!!
You'll be OK mate.. they don't charge for imaginary friends. :eek:

topcat450
7th May 2004, 10:54
awww, and I was going to invite you to come with me. I was also going to give you a bag of marbles and tell you to go play with them on the track, preferably just around the blind bend where the cars are doing 100mph +, that should sort you out once and for all. :E

Thank you Stockpicker... Uttoxeter is worth consideration!! :)

tony draper
7th May 2004, 10:59
I understand Morris Dancing is big in the midlands, must be a exhibition of that on somewhere,although come to think Morris Dancing it is liable to overexite your companion.
For all the good the bloody Toon were last night they may as well take up Morris Dancing as well, the shame of it defeated by a bunch of dammed Frenchmen.

:(

AerBabe
7th May 2004, 11:00
Sledging at the Snowdome in Milton Keynes?
National Truss property? (They should be open by now after the winter shut-down).
Walk in the Cotswolds?
Dribble at the Shuttleworth Collection?
Get wet at Billing Aquadrome?
Visit Turner's merry-go-round in N'hampton? (Is it still there?!)
Go climbing at the Rock Face in B'ham?
Go to the races at Towcester? (if there is a race on!)

TamedBill
7th May 2004, 11:03
Drive down south? :}

under_exposed
7th May 2004, 11:06
On sunday I am planning to take the kids to see steam trains at Bristol temple meads.

redsnail
7th May 2004, 11:43
I visited the MK Snow dome "Xscape" yesterday. Top fun. I'm still a beginner. :D
They have installed a "pipe" in the middle run now.
Weekends = peak prices.
Recreational 1 hour = 20 each
" 2 hour block = 30 each
Includes boot and ski hire.
More info xscape (http://xscape.co.uk)

AerBabe
7th May 2004, 11:46
And if you do go to Xscape (thanks Reds) you could visit the Concrete Cows afterwards. :ok:

singaporegirl
7th May 2004, 11:58
National Truss property?

Is there something topcat isn't telling us? :E

AerBabe
7th May 2004, 12:05
Just in case the subtlety was lost - that WAS a deliberate typo. :p

airship
7th May 2004, 12:54
Saturday 8th May also marks the anniversary of VE Day. Lest we forget! :( I think I shall try my hand at cooking some Tandoori chicken this weekend, in honour of all those Sikh gentlemen who fought here. And forget that their offspring will no longer be able to wear turbans in class in the new school year. :\

maggioneato
7th May 2004, 18:36
http://www.thundersprint.com have a look at this, might be worth a visit. I intend to go.

Power Up
7th May 2004, 21:02
There is also the snowdome at Tamworth - believe its part of the same group. Good fun - I think the run is longer at Tamworth.

con-pilot
7th May 2004, 21:05
My trip just got canceled, I will be HOME, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that, not much.