PDA

View Full Version : LTN Car Park

egnxema
7th May 2004, 09:42
!!!!RANT WARNING!!!!

My job takes me to EMA LTN STN LHR LGW LCY most weeks.

I have to shout every time I use the totally cr@p parking system at LTN!! It is definately THE MOST shoddy car park of all the airports I work at!

The layout is cr@p!
The road surface is cr@p!
No drop kerbs - see the elderly struggling with their baggage trollies!! Cr@p!!!
Lighting -Cr@p!!
Not enough baggage trolly bays - so the place is littered with abandoned trollies!!! CR@P!!!!!

And LTN get upset that the BAA airports "steal" their traffic - well at least they have a user friendly place to park it!!!!!!!

RANT OVER

DeepC
7th May 2004, 10:53
RANT CONTINUED..

Luton Airport claim constant CCTV surveillance of their car parks and use this to attract traffic. When my car was broken into in the car park (Approx £250 out of pocket after Insurance payouts) the CCTV it transpired was only covering the entrance/exits.

No joy whatsoever and they had the cheek to send an out of date terms and conditions to me to 'prove' their points. I could not be bothered/afford to employ a solicitor to pull it to pieces.

Check out
Low Life at Luton (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110012)

DeepC

RANT SUSPENDED

LTNman
7th May 2004, 14:57
The car parks are now operated by NCP not that it makes any difference. The car parks are run to maximise income while expenditure is kept to a minimum hence the lack of CCTV and the hundreds of potholes.

Whippersnapper
7th May 2004, 18:44
The southern staff car park had a vandalised and stripped red Tipo in it for several months last year. Pax and spotters are allowed to freely walk around this "secure" staff carpark to get a view of the R/W through the fence. And there's no chance of finding a space a few hours either side of midday, dispite the extension into the VIP parking (divided by steel spikes and orange plastic that damage tyour car in the wind, thank you).

Not only is the parking bad, but they don't even care that it's bad.

Tarek Nor
7th May 2004, 21:53
Whippersnapper

At least the spotters might do something about it
if they notice something suspicious :cool:

How's life in LGW ?

T N

Whippersnapper
8th May 2004, 13:28
Fair point! LTN security is not bad, but I hadn't considered they used spotters to bolster numbers!

All going well, thanks.