PDA

View Full Version : BA Citiexpress

sammie1
7th May 2004, 09:12
I have applied to BA citiexpress as cabin crew and I'm wondering if there is anyone here who could give me an insight of what they're like to work for.

Rosters, pay, crew moral etc.

Any comments appreciated.

Sammie.

skyprincess
8th May 2004, 12:50
Sammie, I dont know a lot about them, but I also applied and was offered a job at Citiexpress. I didnt take it because I was offered a position with another airline, which is more money. But whilst I was at my interview for the latter, I met a couple of Citiexpress girls, who didnt have a good word to say about them and couldnt wait to leave.

Citiexpress seemed ok to me though, at the interview, were quite friendly. I say go for it. Good luck . x x x

marlowe
8th May 2004, 13:32
Sammi1
I am cabin crew for BACX at MAN the days are long and the rostering dept has got itself into a 6 on 2 off set up, the money is not great compared to other places FDP is £1.90 per hour what base are you applying to??? BHX and MAN are the main bases recruiting at the moment . Crews have had a lot to moan about recently some of it justified some of it not some moan because they can!!!! Overall if you were offered a posistion i would say take it while keeping an eye out for other jobs. There is a small feeling that maybe BACX may have turned a small corner and things are starting to head in the right direction S-L-O-L-E-Y who knows!!!

oops missed a W out!!!!

stuart212
11th May 2004, 12:56
Marlowe - check your messages Stu

hostie
11th May 2004, 14:14
Sammie1

I think Marlowe's response is very fair
I would certainly still apply for other airlines, have you tried 'big'BA? They have been recruiting recently.
CitiExpress has it's own problems, the 'merge' wasn't all it should have been and this is still impacting on the co

Best of luck, let's face it it's still a job for now and all experience is good!
Enjoy and learn ;)

PS The crew's moral's are as bad as everyone elses, as for their morale, it's seen better days ;)

marlowe
13th May 2004, 21:50
STu check your messages sorry slow to get back to you been on trip

Trolley-Dolly-Babe
17th May 2004, 11:08
Although its a nice little operation, believe me, there's nothing glamourous about flying around on an Embraer 145 with just you and some jumped up young purser who thinks shes it cos shes a purser on a ERJ!

I have to confess, its not much fun doing 2.5hrs on the Avro RJ100 all the way to MAD either! think carefully about BACX. The fun isn't there, and neither are the smiley faces sometimes.