PDA

View Full Version : Are TADs restricted?

warplane.co.uk
6th May 2004, 17:31
As part of the web site I edit, we have started a frequency guide detailing plenty of air to air and control frequencies, all of which are easily accessible in the public domain. We also have a fairly accurate TAD list, which we are considering using on the web site.

Could some one please shed light on whether this is ‘restricted’ or ‘sensitive’ and whether publishing such info freely on the web would cause any further issues?

Cheers
Chris

ORAC
6th May 2004, 18:09
Up to about 6 years ago it used to be confidential! I became the holder of the post holding authorship and, after a long struggle, managed to get it downgraded to restricted. One of the justifications being that you could buy a copy from a spotter within weeks of a new edition being issued.....

Got a few beers out of that. :}

soddim
6th May 2004, 23:19
Surely the issue is whether publishing the TADs would or could be harmful to the users.

I suggest that those who do not need to know these frequencies should not be given them.

alfie1999
6th May 2004, 23:53
http://www.g1uvk.fsnet.co.uk/tads.htm

rivetjoint
7th May 2004, 08:16
Surely the issue for you is whether or not you'd want to be responsible for publishing something that you quite clearly have shown you know the military value of in their operations??

Just because something's unclassified doesn't mean its safe for the world and his brother to know, it may just have been decided that the effort needed to keep every copy of the TADs under lock and key etc was unreasonable given the fact in operational circumstances they could all be changed at a moment's notice.

brit bus driver
8th May 2004, 22:40
Well, my copy has RESTRICTED printed on it.......but who knows!

WE Branch Fanatic
8th May 2004, 22:48
There are lots of things in the public domain, which, it could be argued, should be classified.....