PDA

View Full Version : Any Edmontonians in here?

AerBabe
6th May 2004, 12:49
My request for company in Edmonton for a quiet orange juice or two in the Bashes Forum (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126676) has fallen on deaf ears, so I thought I'd bring Mohammed to the mountain instead.

Besides meeting up with some PPRuNers for a few mugs of tea, can anyone recommend 'alternative' tourist activities in Edmonton? I've done all the standard things before (inc. West Ed Mall, the Muttart Conservatory, the aviation museum - although I'm going there again!). Bear in mind I don't have a lot to spend.

goates
6th May 2004, 15:28
Have you been to the Reynold's Museum in Wetaskawin? It's just south of Edmonton and is a great museum. It covers farming, cars and aircraft. There is also a storage building that they open up once in a while with even more aircraft and cars that they don't room to put on display yet. From Edmonton it is probably easiest to drive, but you can also fly in and park your plane right next to the display hanger if you know someone who flies. They have the full scale mock-up of the Avro Arrow used in the CBC movie made a few years ago.

goates

Grandpa
6th May 2004, 21:41
...........I remember the sand beach, and the waves................

AerBabe
7th May 2004, 12:02
Goates - Yes, I went to the Reynolds Museum last time I was there! I got chatting to the chappy in the Hall of Fame & he arranged for my friend & I get a personal tour of the storage hangars. Amazing collection. Might have to go back again... also because I missed out on the 'pleasure flight' last time. :ok:

Grandpa - Erm, what?

pigboat
7th May 2004, 13:49
He's either hallucinating or he's been to the Mall.

Boss Raptor
7th May 2004, 18:34
Feel I should point out that the 'Mohammed' u seek probably doesn't drink...even in East London

Grandpa
9th May 2004, 22:54
Outside temperature was about -30C, with bright sun, and they were swimming.............