PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Caribbean Exel

Standing by.....
5th May 2004, 18:20
Does any body know why everything is called .....-exel lately
What is going on in that exel group?

antiicing
5th May 2004, 21:50
well, as far as I know, its a company that started the IMCA group, aka, Exel Aviation Group, as a part of their plans to take over the caribbean sector, its either gonna be flown with the 767 of BelgiumExel or the HollandExel, that I dont know, and most likely is set to start on the 1st of July 3 times a week, with dutch or belgium pilot's, depending on wich one is gonna do the flts.
bye

Vulcanic Ash
9th May 2004, 19:21
I think that this is going to be exel in the caribbean. It will start operating in july with a 767 at first operated by holland exel pilots but the idea is that local pilots will be taken on and employed by Dutch Caribbean exel based on Curacao. After this service is started they want to expand and start regional routes in cooperation with Bonexel of course.

I wonder how much of this plan will actually come to pass, looking at Aruba Exel which never even started.

greetz

Standing by.....
25th May 2004, 18:31
Yep, it remains awfully quiet in Aruba indeed! Is it a money problem or is it an operational problem?

Does anybody actually know what is going on, or is it just a “Exel Aviation Group Cowboy action”?

Dutchman
25th May 2004, 19:45
There is also another thread running on the exel aviation group

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129657

Standing by.....
26th May 2004, 18:42
Holy macaroni Dutchman, is the company you work for? If so, do you like it all or is every antenna wired to pick up new rumours for a better company?

Dutchman
26th May 2004, 22:14
Nope don't work there, had an interview and assessment a few weeks ago but turned down the job offer. I luckily had other options and had made plans before I was suddenly invited for the selection process. Decided to go through with the whole selection for the hell of it/practice (spend some of their money on sim./psychological assessments etc. for a change). Also have a few friends working for KLM Exel & Holland Exel.