PDA

View Full Version : BT Internet

Unwell_Raptor
5th May 2004, 14:32
My main email address is a BT Internet one. They have just upgraded their anti-spam filters, and they do a great job - it's really good to get my inbox clear for once, but beware: the filters aren't perfect and you need to check the Builk Mail file. I have just been through a week's worth (2650 mails) to identify the five non-spam ones that I needed to see. The system learns when you click the Not Spam button, so over time all of your regular correspondents should be OK.

fobotcso
5th May 2004, 20:04
Hi UR,

Like you I'm pretty happy with the BT Yahoo Spam catching routine and like you I've found that you have to check it carefully. It isn't perfect, however, even after telling it three times that a certain e-mail isn't Spam, it still puts it in the Spam folder.

My Spam folder attracts 200-250 e-mails a day. I check it three times a day so the chore of going through the banal and ludicrous crap isn't too onerous.

One day it will change; until then we must just grin :D and bear it. :yuk:

BRL
5th May 2004, 22:56
I have not got that far yet. I use OE and also Mailwasher. I click on MW and then sort out the spam from the good. I then open OE, spam free. I have been doing this for a long time now and I don't needto/have to change to the way you guys do it in the future do I..?? :confused:

fobotcso
6th May 2004, 08:34
BRL, with the BT Yahoo system, the Spam doesn't get anywhere near my OE or OL mailboxes. Or even my PCs.

All the checking is done at Web level using Internet Explorer.

Much the same as MW, I suspect.