PDA

View Full Version : jetstar

AT463
5th May 2004, 13:35
Does anyone think that jetstar will knock virgin blue out of the domestic market here in australia. Will we have another price war. If jetstar is the new carrier will it eventually see qantas go to the way jetstar is doing business and who will clean the planes. Does anyone have any views on this.

ShesGreatintheGalley
5th May 2004, 15:51
and who will clean the planes

what has cleaning the planes got to do with the future of the QF domestic product?
where on earth did the cleaning the planes bit come from??

SydGirl
5th May 2004, 20:34
Will Jetstar knock Virgin Blue out of the market?
In my opinion, no. I believe that Jetstar and Virgin Blue can compete comfortably against one another.

Will there be a price war?
Initially, yes. We'll still see airfare "sales" and "clearances" but it'll probably come down to one or two dollars difference between Virgin and Jetstar.

Will Qantas go the way Jetstar is going?
No. Qantas will remain a full service, two class carrier. I do think that Jetstar will erode some of Qantas' lower end business, but this is OK because Jetstar's overheads will be less, so in actual fact they will be making MORE money out of the same customer, on a cheaper ticket! Qantas wants to continue to grow it's current brand, and there will be some routes where there is no choice between Jetstar and Qantas, so basically Qantas will be able to charge whatever it likes for those tickets.

Who will clean the planes?
I understand that the FAs will 'tidy' the aircraft on turnarounds, however toilet cleaning is done by cleaners, and the aircraft receives an overnight clean when in major ports. Maybe someone from JQ can confirm or deny this.

My thoughts.
SG
:D

ditzyboy
6th May 2004, 02:11
Being the absolute Princesses that we Impulse/QFLink/Airconnex/Jetstar people are - I can assure you that no nails will get dirty or chipped with the turn around duties.

We will have 7 minutes to disembark the pax and cross the seatbelts before doing our 'Pre-Launch Makeup' and boarding again. Not much time so dare I say whatever gets done gets done.

Aircraft will be "prime cleaned" by cleaners at the end of the day and perhaps half way through when the a/c has its 90 minute transit. But they are seeing if they can forego the middle of the day "prime clean".

If the toilets are rancid or there is vomit or crumbs then the Techies radio the Tranist Co-ordinator for cleaners to board. We then have to sign off on whatever additional cleaning is done.

At top of descent we will parade through the aisles with a rubbish bag asking pax to give us all their rubbish - OH THE GLAMOUR! I for one cannot wait for the opportunity to say "Your Trash?" and You're Trash!" :E "Sir, you have that trash next to you..." (and point to his wife!) The possibilities are ENDLESS!