PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

desemirates
5th May 2004, 13:10
i've got an interview coming up with ryanair next month. any tips about the interview anyone could give me?

and i don't know how i am going to afford the course fee! :(

desemirates
5th May 2004, 14:22
why wouldn't you?

desemirates
5th May 2004, 14:51
i know there are better airlines to work for, but better than nothing. i'm only after some challenges.

Tiger
5th May 2004, 21:37
You pay for your training....treated like sh*t....buy your uniform...

Isn`t that enough? Go for a proper airline which trains you, and gives you a uniform and treats you with some sort of care.

barbiegirl
6th May 2004, 09:48
i agree with tiger and iain, if a company really wanted you to work for them, they would pay you and provide you with everything you need to do your job. i would never pay somebody to work for them or for a uniform.

would you pay to be trained down the local chippy? i dont think so- i know it's a million miles away from crew but i'm just trying to get a point across!

desemirates
9th May 2004, 10:00
thank you for all your advice!

i am very surprised by how quickly they reply to ones emails. it only takes a few hours before you hear from them again, even if you are writing them in the evening! many other airlines take days to reply.

i think i will give them a go and get the experience! it's better than nothing :)

FlyingIrishman
9th May 2004, 10:37
Ryanair is a great company to work albeit I only see it from a flight deck point of view. However, I would definitely give it a go. Although you'll be working very hard, the money is apparently quite good and quality of life depends very much on where you will be based. Stansted of course is the biggest base, very busy and the total opposite to, say Prestwick or Hahn where everybody knows each other. I'm sure you'll have a great time so go for it!

moremilk
9th May 2004, 17:52
My God ryanair make u pay for your uniform and your training???So u owe them money even before u start flying and u still want to apply???I have a close friend living in London working for Easyjetand the only thing she dosn"t like about the company is an "orange"uniform,but she didn't pay for it and she was paid during training.She's been flying for easyjet for years and still loves it,why not give them a try??At least if you don't like it you won''t owe them anything.Good luck.

EasyBaby
9th May 2004, 21:14
Too right!! The only thing i don't like about Ezy is the Orange too but you get used to it!! At the moment they are recruiting everywhere STN LTN LGW and also in Germany. You dont pay penny and yes you get paid for your training. They treat their staff right and get good pay,your also allowed to join a union. I dont want to sound bias but from talking to present and past FR crew it doesnt sound the best and the moral seems to be ebbing too. Plus i dont like the rediculous cost cutting of MoL.

Well thats my words of wisdom, what ever you choose i wish you the best of luck and im sure you'll have a real good time!!!!

Happy flying
EB ;)

Ianj
10th May 2004, 07:20
Hi there!

I used to work for Ryanair based out of STN and had a fab time with all the crew, you do work long hours and paying for your uniform and training is a bit of a dag but like you say it is a first step into Cabin Crew. Once you have started flying the money will come rolling in!

The Crew are so friendly and you will make some really good friends. Good luck with what you decide and I wish you all the best!

Ian J.

richterscale10
10th May 2004, 07:24
Hi IanJ

How does THomsonfly compare with Ryanair? Hope its all going good for you.

Richter

bacardi walla
10th May 2004, 08:23
There is no comparison with Thomsonfly and Ryanair.......

Why not ask people from Ryanair's own handling company at Stansted to see how well they get treated :p

Jillytots
10th May 2004, 10:25
i appreciate ryanair are a low cost airline, but making the prospective staff pay for their own training and uniform is a joke really.
i am low cost crew and my shoes were my only expense!!!!!
is this ryanair's way of stating they only want people to apply who are rich, have rich parents, are crazy enough to get a loan...etc etc?????? what about those people who have gone through further education and are already up to their eyes in debt???? i dont see them applying to ryanair.
It seems a real shame to me.........this company could be losing the applications of some really talented people. :confused:

Ianj
11th May 2004, 12:15
Hi Richter!

Nice to hear from you, hows the job hunting going any luck yet?

What can I say Thomsonfly seem to be a lot better than Ryanair in many ways, ie mostly two sector days, crew food available, free uniform, free i.d pass, less work (not boarding passengers), all the management are very approachable, and more days off for crew.

Not only good for the crew but even for the passengers, i.e delay vouchers given, wheelchair passengers do not have to pay for airport services. Even pay for hotel accomodation if flights are cancelled!

Coventry airport has had great feed back from passengers and is very passenger friendly. It is such a great small airport and the ground staff are so friendly.

Any way just my thoughts. Did you apply to TOM Richter for ground crew??

Hope to hear from you soon, Take Care,

Ian J.

MarcoD
19th May 2004, 09:49
how much is Ryanair training currently ????

how much is the uniform - etc etc that you have to pay for

Do FR pay trainee cabin crew during training - do they put you up in a hotel during training ?

Hello!

The user 737Pilot from the www.hahn-infos.com/forum can help you! (this is a forum about ryanair and the frankfurt-hahn base).

MarcoD

SNNEI
19th May 2004, 09:58
Hello,

I'm in agreement about Ryanair on these points; the fact that you have to incur ANY costs to make them money is a bloody joke!!

Having said that, Ryanair do pay well when bonuses, shares etc are included, so we can't be too harsh on them I suppose ;-)

None the less, I would hate to see their practices setting an industry standard and I hope Ryanair staff develop a bit more fighting power over the coming years to prevent the spread of this kind of nonsense around the industry.

Just my 2 cents!

flybywire
20th May 2004, 08:58
One of my best friends works for Ryanair based at STN.
He had to pay for his own course, his uniform, and had a crap time during the training.
Now he works 6 ON 2 OFF but when he does work it's 4-5 sectors a day and doesn't know what a night stop is.

I, personally, don't care about staying the night anywhere else than at home, but when you're dead tired it's good to have 11 hours rest somewhere where you don't have to worry about making your bed, doing the washing up, etc.

He gets an average of 1600-1800£ per month, but it's bloody hard work. Overtime is not an option!!!
If you're strong enough to survive one year in that company you'll become N1 straight away.In fact there are N1's who are just over 19!!!
They keep losing people, they treat their crews in a bad way (management) and exploit them as much as possible.

They don't fly under CAA regulation but under the Irish aviation rules (worse than the already appalling CAA rules) one thing to keep in mind if you need your 6-7 hours sleep each night! And be prepared to live not further than 15mins away from the airport!

My boyfriend went to DUB for a CRM training session (he's a crm instructor) and was surprised to see that half the crews were rostered the course on their days off and the other half were on stand-by.....with their mobile on and two had to leave in the middle of the course to get on a flight!!!
APPALLING!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

My friend can't take this anymore, the money is nice but what the hell can you do with it???

If you are strong enough to put up with these and other things then I think you should join them, get a bit of experience, and then leave them as soon as you get into another airline that cares about you a bit more. But if you don't have the strength, and the money, many airlines are recruiting, easyjet (don't know much about them though), excel, first choice airways (I can help you with them with tips for the interview etc), mytravel, air atlanta (if u fancy LH straigth away...though on a 747 classic with over 400 people on board :ugh: ) Virgin atlantic and of course BA.

Just give yourself a bit of time and have a look around!!!

Let me know if I can help you in any way (PM me if you like)

All the best,

FBW

Joloucam
21st May 2004, 11:28
I worked for ryanair a few years ago for a while, well long anough to be a number one there. My advice is, don't do it! It may be a step into cabin crew and although i got out eventually it did hinder my applications for other jobs. Ryanair crew have such a bad reputation for being rude to passengers that other companies won't look twice at your CV if they're on it! Seriously don't waste your money wait for another airline who'll pay you to work for them and not the other way around!