PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a Connie at Man this afternoon

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
5th May 2004, 12:37
Possible Connie doing flypast this afternoon sometime between 15.00 and 16.00 ish en route PIK to BSL

I`ll miss it I`m working Drat!!!

Golf India Bravo

Oshkosh George
5th May 2004, 12:55
According to their own website,the Connie is not leaving until tomorrow,so maybe it will happen then!:ok:

Flyin' High
5th May 2004, 15:53
The crew of the Connie have been inundated with requests to do flypast's on the way from PIK - LBG.

Any flypast will be dependant on weather enroute - so as of yet nothing is planned.

They are currently expecting to depart PIK at 09:00Z.

I will speak to the crew as they leave and post any available info on flypasts.

kpiko3
5th May 2004, 15:55
Currently the connie is sitting at Prestwick udergoing maintenance checks and yesterday it was washed and looking very shiny.
Tommorrow it is planned to leave Prestwick at around 11am or after to Le Bourget where it will sit till Saturday and then depart to Basle.

Though if the weather is not favourable at Prestwick or elsewhere they will delay departure.

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?207291
http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?207272

Hope this is of help.

Kpiko3

PPRuNe Towers
5th May 2004, 17:51
Transport sorted, camera charging and hope to be able to put something on-line from LBG tomorrow. We're the Brits approaching the Connie airside armed with welcoming baguettes:ok: :ok:

Rob

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
6th May 2004, 11:34
I understand that the Connie was offered the option of doing a flypast at Manchester but declined due to possible icing.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
6th May 2004, 11:34
Well he trundled over Manchester above cloud sounded great
Was asked by ATC if he would do approach but rejected as he did not want to get into iceing

Is this connie going to do the airshow circuit? if so worth paying your money for that sound and style

Golf India Bravo

PS OLNEY I think you must type quicker than me SNAP

kpiko3
6th May 2004, 18:27
Well when I was speaking to the crew, they said the very Connie N73544 would be doing a display at Duxford on the 6th of June at one of the airshows.

Ive booked up for the day to Duxford allready:-D

Cheers
kpiko3

Oshkosh George
6th May 2004, 18:59
The Connie's website says it is booked for Flying Legends in July,but doesn't mention June.

Hopefully it will be both:ok: