PDA

View Full Version : direct entry s/o commuting

frozen fisherman
5th May 2004, 02:24
Hello, I am seriously considering the direct entry s/o program and was wondering about commuting. I live in alaska but my wife and I would love to move back to japan (that is where she is from). How possible is it to be a s/o and commute from hong kong to sapporo?

cheers

Guru
5th May 2004, 03:05
A typical roster for an SO is two/three long haul trips a month (4-day patterns) with a sim every other month. There are usually at least 5 days off inbetween each long haul but that is subject to change soon.

Right now there are four scheduled flights between HKG and CTS but Sapporo is increasingly popular with HK holiday makers.

Whilst it's quite easy to commute as an SO it won't be the case once you get your upgrade.

Pin Head
5th May 2004, 10:19
Linked to this, what is the staff travel like. my preference woulld be SYD. How long as a DE SO before you get some sort of staff travel?

jtr
5th May 2004, 11:34
Check your PM's frozen

Flying Bagel
6th May 2004, 17:54
Commuting via Narita is certainly your best bet. Tons of flights coming and going to HKG, usually with only marginal loads. However, connecting through Haneda may be a hassle, but I'm sure there is enough of a hub network to CTS from Narita itself. CTS direct, with only four flights a week, is probably a bit harder to swing.

As long as you're willing to remain flexible, it can be done. Some flight attendents do it as well.

ph-heineken
9th May 2004, 14:54
Is commuting to and from Amsterdam possible? (as a S/O)

xdc9er
9th May 2004, 16:24
Groetjes Heineken, Heb jij ook een uitnodiging voor S/O?.
Ik ben nu bezig te studeren, misschien kunnen we elkaar helpen.PM aub

Please use the English language for future postings on this forum. Thanks, BE

ph-heineken
12th May 2004, 20:51
"Is commuting to and from Amsterdam possible? (as a S/O)"
---

Anyone?

Cpt. Underpants
13th May 2004, 01:14
Possible, yes...practical - no.

Low seniority, full flights and long commute make it dangerous to attempt regularly. If you miss a flight or have insufficient rest you will be fired. They have fired transgressors in the past, and I am sure will not hesitate to do so again.