PDA

View Full Version : IRP5 advice please

GormanInkarnati
4th May 2004, 22:16
Since I am a pilot and dont really enjoy filling out tax forms (and to be honest I don't really have a clue about these things), are there any knowledgeable people out there who can give me some advice.

Myself and all the ex-employees of the "great" company FTC of Africa have not been issued with IRP5's. I have been told that FTC has not been liquadated, they have just stopped their operations at FAGC. The two directors have opened a new school at Rand Airport, Global Flight Training College.

One of the directors was asked when we will be issued with IRP5's and his response was that it is not his problem and that the accountant has dissapeared.

What are our rights and what should we do??

Any advice appreciated.

GI

freightboss
5th May 2004, 08:13
Gorman

Check your PM's

GormanInkarnati
5th May 2004, 17:12
Thanks for the info Freightboss!

Amabokoboko
7th May 2004, 04:34
Hi,

I think the advice here shouldn't be limited to PMs. While not a pro pilot, my freelance contract is very similar to that used by pilots. I always used to do my tax myself but then went once to one of those Tax Relief-type agencies and I'll never look back. I saw a turn around of 5 grand per year in how much I was forking out. Well worth the R400-odd fee.