PDA

View Full Version : Strain

Bre901
4th May 2004, 21:44
... and stress.

Any relaxing technique you would like to discuss ?

EDDNHopper
4th May 2004, 21:47
Reading JB posts.

(No discussion necessary)

mattpilot
4th May 2004, 22:09
what the hell is going on tonight? Everytime i turn around there is a new thread. Draper must of left the gate unlocked of this big thread.

:hmm: :bored:

Onan the Clumsy
4th May 2004, 22:32
Any relaxing technique you would like to discuss ? How about Pilates?

Bre901
4th May 2004, 22:33
Washing my hands about that one

tony draper
4th May 2004, 22:54
I like dressing in dark clothes donning a black ski mask, going out into the night tapping lone walkers on the back and saying BOO!!!very relaxing it is.

Well? its a improvement on what I used to do to lone walkers.

:rolleyes:

Ascend Charlie
4th May 2004, 23:11
20 years ago, the air force had a full-time Shrink on staff at the flying school. His duties were to help the lads through the stress of the pilot course, officer training, and just being away from home, family and friends for the first time.

One cadet went to see the Shrink because he couldn't sleep, with the worry about tests and bad grades and such. Shrink said to him:
"After you finish your studies tonight, go for a run around the oval and get good and sweaty. Then come back to the blocks, have a hot soapy shower, jump into bed and pull yourself."

Well, all the cadets could justify It after that - "The shrink told me to do it!":E

AntiCrash
5th May 2004, 02:18
Ascend Charlie , Is that where the phrase " Pull yourselves together!" came from?:rolleyes:

DishMan
5th May 2004, 09:38
Cooking a meal is a great stress reliever.
:)

Bre901
5th May 2004, 09:53
DishMan

Agreed only partially, it depends very much on what, when and for whom you are cooking. ;)

Some cooking has been known to be quite stressfull :
- fugu preparation (http://www.kazsushi.com/newsletter4.htm) in Japan (sepuku if your client dies :rolleyes: )
- heard about Monsieur Vatel (http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/v/vatel-f1r.asp) ?

DishMan
5th May 2004, 10:37
Ne t'inquiets pas Bre901!

I do not intend to go near any deadly fish nor prepare fodder for Royalty so I think I'm safe!

Bre901
5th May 2004, 11:19
Well sometimes even the family (or part of it, MIL anyone ?) can be stressing too :uhoh:

G-ALAN
5th May 2004, 11:38
Blow things up, make up a sh!t list, drink yerself stupid, have a good shag, pick a fight with a small guy, shout at the cat, leave one morning and don't come back for two days, destroy something with a hammer, smash lightbulbs off the wall (big long ones are the best, they make a satisfying pop), start a fire or go shoot bunny rabbits. All great for stress relief

Jerricho
5th May 2004, 11:38
There you go. You had to go and use the MIL card.

I have found Ozzy's therapy sessions very beneficial.

Jerrichos MIL
5th May 2004, 12:21
I was coping well with stress, not having visited this place for a while.

Then I see he is up to his inane nonsense again on this Forum and others.

I think I need a packet of Capstan Full Strength to help me relieve my stress now .......... or maybe a holiday with my beloved family in Canada. Anyone know of any airlines flying to there which have smoking sections ??

Ozzy
5th May 2004, 12:48
Pick up my sticks and bash the hell out of the drum kit. Jerricho, you want to borrow them to bash the hell out of you know who....?:E

Ozzy

fishtits
5th May 2004, 12:49
My Stress Relievers in no particular order:

1. Strip & rebuild an engine/car (tools, engines, oil, grease, no birds.....heaven?)
2. Beat out a few tunes on my guitar or piano
3. Smoke a joint & have a glass of Penfolds Bin 28
4. Lance the GF with the old pork sword
5. Take my classic car for a burn
6. Sketching/painting

Don't try them all at the same time... It's very nearly impossble :cool: :ouch: :E

FT

The Invisible Cat
5th May 2004, 20:02
Sleep

Play with a beheaded mouse on a persian rug.

Jerricho
6th May 2004, 00:42
Sure thing Ozzy.....you don't happen to play the drums with baseball bats with nails in them?

Ozzy
6th May 2004, 11:54
Tried that once. Once only!:}

Ozzy

Stockpicker
6th May 2004, 12:05
Champagne. Works every time!

IB4138
6th May 2004, 18:05
Cava's just as good, a dam site cheaper and works just the same!

Why do you City types pay over the odd's for yer booze?

Currently paying 1.59 per bottle for mine.:ok:

Coconuts
6th May 2004, 19:00
Ever try floating on your back in deep water in a swimming pool (presuming you can swim?) staring at the ceiling, preferably when it ain't busy. Used to do it alot, found it deeply relaxing. :ok:

Coco