PDA

View Full Version : First step into aviation industry

joeypierce100
4th May 2004, 21:09
Can anyone help?
I am 24 and i am really trying to get my foot in the door in the aviation industry as preferable a pilot or as an engerneer.
Can anyone advise me as to what my first step should be?
I am really counting on sponsorship as i do not have much money.
Who should i go to?

laparker79
4th May 2004, 22:21
Join the club......it's true what they say, money makes the world go round!

As far as your first steps, you really should have a look throughout the wannabe forums as there is plenty of info already discussed. Not sure about the engineer route though....there's probably a forum for that somewhere on pprune.....?

A good site to keep up to date with recruitment in the aviation industry is: www.ppjn.com

Hope this helps......:ok:

laparker79.

hifive11
5th May 2004, 07:29
I get the impression that there is always a demand for licensed engineers in this industry and there are (or used to be) various apprenticeship schemes which would obviously assist the money situation. Probably best to check out the Engineers and Technicians Forum.

If you live near an airport, why not take the time to go down and see if you can talk to some of the engineering guys working there and get their views.

You need to go through the Wannabe Forums for information on the pilot route, in fact there is a good thread running at the moment in the Professional Pilot Training Forum which you should take time to read and I mean really read it all (there is a lot of it)! It is "Do you really want to do this" started by Deathcruzer. It is very eye opening and if after you have digested all the information and still want to fly then go for it but you will be a pauper for many years to come!

Take time to consider all your options and do your research but I think you will know instinctively if flying is for you - have you tried it yet?

Hi5