PDA

View Full Version : Hand-Eye coordination

flystudent
4th May 2004, 18:40
Hi Chaps

wonder if anyone has any thoughts on improving hand-eye coordination please and how to increase ones capacity ? I am about to start a long old internet search task which no doubt will bring up things nothing to do with what I am looking for.

Thought I would ask here first

Regards

flystudent

OBK!
4th May 2004, 19:44
I found that playing percussion helped me...helps you coordinate hands and feet.

As for hand to eye....snooker!

High Wing Drifter
4th May 2004, 19:46
I heard that covering up one eye and doing something like playing Gran Turismo (Playstation) helps.

I really would not know if there is any merit in this.

mazzy1026
5th May 2004, 09:32
Snooker is a great one as you are using depth perception, angles and timing/power etc. Its also a bloody great game !

Regards

Maz

Pole Hill
5th May 2004, 11:28
flystudent,
May seem like a stupid suggestion......
Kick a rugby ball up in the air as high as possible, then catch it. If you have good co-ordination you'll catch it 99% of the time.
It does help if you do this outside of the house though, you may hurt yourself tripping over bits of fallen plaster :)
POL

George Tower
5th May 2004, 15:53
Interesting one this....I spent a season playing county cricket so I do know few drills that could be employed.

For general fitness and reactions I'd have to suggest squash and then tennis or badminton. Throwing a golf or tennis ball against a wall can help also. Oh yeah and the idea is to catch the rebounds!

Main thing is though do something that you enjoy and that can be part of your lifestyle. I don't think that anything will teach you how to handle an aeroplane other than actually flying it. Having said that an SAA training captain I knew said there was a quite a marked difference in handling ability between those that played sports (or drove fast cars) and those that lived sedentry lifestyles (and drove like old women).