PDA

View Full Version : Tin Tin in the Congo

Was that for us?
4th May 2004, 17:39
Has anyone any idea how on earth Hewa Bora are still flying their L10-11 with a humumgus AD on the engines outstanding. As far as I'm aware RR haven carried out a single on of these Ad's to the RB 211 fitted to the L10 11. How they get away with it in Congo is one thing but flying to EU and RSA?????

Speedbreak
5th May 2004, 10:28
.....just ask EU or RSA CAAs, they'll answer all your questions!

After several ramp checks (BRU and JNB), the HBA L-1011, is authorised to fly and land in BRU or JNB,and will continue to fly to EU or RSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even with your thousands of questions!!!!

:ok: :E

Have fun.....

Speedbreak

Was that for us?
5th May 2004, 16:17
From those remarks I deduce that HBA (Stavros) believes they (he) dont have to carry out AD's on their aircraft or that HBA (Stavros) believes that the CAA in RSA are Jerks along with the EU CAA's concerned. Maybe the Ad's havent been bought to the attention of the RSA CAA so I will inform them on the morrow good chap. Cant guarantee it will work but I will give it a try just for the hell of it.

Was that for us?
6th May 2004, 05:46
Well said Grizzly !! Its just a matter of time before the citizens of RSA will be cleaning up a big mess one way or another.

4granted
6th May 2004, 10:51
All the slagging off of Hewa Bora and the fantastic Emerites is the the airline to come closest to making a big mess at JHB. Maybe you should ask your buddy to go ramp check them as well.
haha
u guys make me laugh somtimes.....:p :p :p

Was that for us?
6th May 2004, 17:49
I AM NOT SLAGING OFF THE CREWS OF HBA JUST THEIR COMPANIES CAVALIER ATTITUDE TO RULES REGULATIONS AND SAFETY.