PDA

View Full Version : Jetgreen's Inaugural Service

SNNEI
4th May 2004, 11:06
Morning all,

Jetgreens service seems to have left DUB on time this morning, according to their website. Anyone in the know have any info on pax numbers or anything else relevant?

Wish them the best of luck! Lets hope this airline offering a bit extra break the mould and do well for themselves!

The SSK
5th May 2004, 09:12
Lets hope this airline offering a bit extra break the mould and do well for themselves!

Well, they are the only lo-co I've come across that offers 'First Class' - including a mandatory dress code!

Toulouse
6th May 2004, 15:57
I see their Malaga service has appeared to be operating. Any news on Alicante also supposed to commence on May 4th. According to Dublin Airport website on their dep/arr information, the Jet Green flight is down as Icelandair, and on the Malaga (AENA) airport web site they state the operating airline is "German Fligh Inspection"!!?? Where they got that from I've no idea. Regarding Icelandair, I know they're operating tehir flights, but is Jet Green not an airline, or is it just like a tour operator? They claim they're 757's are in their own colours... is this true? Anyway, Good luck to them.

Danny_R
6th May 2004, 16:29
I believe Jetgreen are a virtual airline, meaning working with Iceland air, who handle all the operations side of it all, and Jetgreen handle the customer side.

They will no doubt have an aim of applying for their own AOC and operating like a full airline as soon as they can.

Snifferdog
6th May 2004, 16:40
JetGreen is not an airline at all but has all the appearences of being one. As stated on their own website "We aim to be the finest, most stylish low fare, low cost and high service tour operator. " They hold only a license to sell tickets or whatever on another carrier, in this case Icelandair. Icelandair are merely operating a leased aircraft with the words "FlyJetGreen.com" painted on the side. So where it goes from here is anyones guess!

Buster the Bear
10th May 2004, 15:39
JetGreen doesn't have full airport slots
Monday, May 10 06:23:35

(BizWorld)

Irish tour operator JetGreen, which launched its services last week, has no landing slots at Dublin airport for the bulk of flights it is selling, according to reports.

The Sunday Times reported that the carrier has not even applied for landing slots for any of its services, which are due to commence on June 8. It is understood that Aer Rianta wrote to the company last week over the sale of tickets for routes that it may not be able to fly.

Aer Rianta warned JetGreen that it did not apply for landing slots by the close of business today, the matter would be referred to the Aviation Regulator, Bill Prasfika.

JetGreen said it has not applied for the slots yet as it is still "sorting out" a number of issues. It said it was confident of securing them on time.

JetGreen said it has sold some 40,000 tickets so far. As it does not have an air operator's certificate, it is not an airline.

Instead, the company is treated as a tour operator. Its flights are operated by Luftidir Icelandic, a subsidiary of Icelandair.
http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

Snifferdog
10th May 2004, 17:54
Yeh! ..but!..no!..but!..Yeh!....:uhoh: