PDA

View Full Version : BACX Pilot Recruitment

madmax100
4th May 2004, 08:22
Guys & Gals,

BACX now recruiting pilots for the Dash @ man.

Check out: http://www.bacitiexpressjobs.com/

witchdoctor
4th May 2004, 09:13
Well, the minimum requirements have increased from the last round of recruitment back in about July 2002 which rules me out this time, but nice to see them doing something at last.

Good luck if you qualify.

tom24
4th May 2004, 09:33
What criteria is ruling you out, Witchdoctor?

TurboJ
4th May 2004, 09:51
Would one be wasting their time applying with less than 1000hrs flying time ?

Do flying hours take priority over other key skills gained from other occupations ?

tom24
4th May 2004, 09:57
Applications are also welcome from non-type rated pilots who have in excess of 1000 hours flying experience or have attended a CAA or JAA full-time integrated or part-time modular flying course and have a minimum of 50 hours flying experience in the last 12 months

See the word OR in the above para? If you have either of the OR I would get that form filled in ASAP!

What have you got to loose? 50 quid? Oh no, this isn't Ryanair!

Good luck to those eligible.

Dogma
4th May 2004, 10:05
:mad: Look at the cash on offer £20 000 plus £1.50 per hour:yuk:

Given the cost of the licence etc, I'd hope it goes up quickly.

eagerbeaver
4th May 2004, 10:54
What does the form mean by performance examination passes?

Le-Slat Disagree
4th May 2004, 10:55
Dogma,

"Starting salary for a turbo prop first officer is £20,000 - which will be supplemented by £1.50 per hour flying allowance"

I know a lot of guys/girls who would give their right arm to fly for £20k. If they put you on the 146, I guess it would be more.

I don't know any low houred pilots bringing home £30k+. Working for BACX would be a great step on the ladder.

Best of luck to all those who apply! :ok:

Le-Slat

Dogma
4th May 2004, 11:56
Le-Slat Disagree:

"I know a lot of guys/girls who would give their right arm to fly for £20k"

This is part of the problem. Hopefully the lack of pilots will enable them to ditch poorly paying employers more quickly. To better ones such as Britannia and BA!

After the cost/sweat of training, £20 000 p/a is chicken feed.

Did you start at Citi before Britannia?

sickBocks
4th May 2004, 12:20
eagerbeaver - Performance Exam passes refers to whether you did CAA exams and then a separate Perf A exam as opposed to JAA Performance.

I would stick in 'JAA Performance' if I were you.

sB

RowleyUK
4th May 2004, 12:36
Definitely a positive sign in the recruitment is this!!!

One of the first ad's ive seen allowing new low houred people a bite of the cherry!!

Good on 'em:ok:

aces low
4th May 2004, 13:10
I keep getting

"Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0116'

Missing close of script delimiter

/plt_apply.asp, line 36

The Script block lacks the close of script tag (%>)."

whenever I try to send the deucation page. Antbody else get this problem?

Flap45
4th May 2004, 13:37
I have phoned and the problem was caused by the global internet problems and will be fixed shortly.

Application Form is now working again

Phil Brockwell
4th May 2004, 14:40
"lack of pilots"? Did I miss something, there's a lack of pilots?

Phil

JetFixer
4th May 2004, 14:49
Get your applications in. I have seen a lot of guys join and be on the Turboprops for 12 to 18mths, then its onto a jet and a salary of around 33k.

Also people have been recruited with less hours, so there is nothing to lose really just a bit of time filling in the form.

Last year the company was talking about an all jet fleet with the Dashes supposed to be around for a further 2yrs.Though there is a possibility that BACX will hold onto them a bit longer. If BA absorb BACX as they did Cityflyer there could be a backdoor into BA.:ok:

dreamingA380
4th May 2004, 15:07
Thanks mad max ... well spotted. My CV will join the others.

Good luck everyone!

CheekyVisual
4th May 2004, 15:17
It's always worth filling the form in ! You have more chance of getting into an orange or light blue 737 in 18 months if you've got commercial experience on a TP working for a commercial operator. 20K is crap but it's better than nothing and the experience will be advantagous when the real jet boys start recruiting. In reality there are a lot of people out there with a lot of experience on serious types who are looking for new jobs. Without any experience the chances of getting into that shiny jet are limited. A friend did 18 months on the ATP with BACX and got straight onto a nice orange 737. Any commercial job is good.

Don't expect much from BACX there is no secret backdoor to BA and that is likely to remain the case. The company changes its plans from one day to the next so don't expect any nice secure warm fuzzy feeling. Lots of unhappy people looking for new jobs so there may be limited opportunities (lots of people already waiting for those though) on jet fleets. But do you think the RJ and 145 are progressing your career. Maybe maybe not !

Even if you get no further than the interview and sim check that experience alone prepares you for the next one. I wouldn't have got my job unless I had previously failed another interview from which I learned a massive amount.

All experience is good - go for it.

LoopGuru
4th May 2004, 15:29
I did the old CAA exams but didn't get round to doing the Perf A. Called BACX when their online application form was down. Was told not to complete the online app as I don't meet the minimum requirements (i.e. no Perf A). Looks like I'm gonna have to do the JAA Performance exam.

Anybody got a used set of performance notes (e.g. Bristol GS) that they no longer need? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount for them.

Thanks in advance.

joe
4th May 2004, 16:25
Did the on-line application form appear today (4th), or has it been open for the last few days.

I think ppjn last dated news re requiring dash 8 crew was on the 29th.

anyone know anything

cheers joe

Flap45
4th May 2004, 16:59
Available from late last night, - advert in this weeks Flight International

mad_jock
4th May 2004, 17:12
re the salary

I don't know what the conditions are like for the bond etc.

Why is 20k crap? As an intial starting salary

Its nearly double what an FI would get.

You get a type rating

You get multi crew time.

You get access to the BA crew discounts.

Don't have to support keeping your self current.

Company medicals.

Its a bloody good start in the industry.

MJ

Flap45
4th May 2004, 17:28
Training Bond is circa 10K over two years, and it is not a 'loan from the bank' type. Pay back to the company is pro-rata over the two years if you elect to leave before the end of the bond period

joe
4th May 2004, 18:04
fLAP45.

Who is it you rang.

Was it Rene Howard.

If so, was much information forthcoming.

Good luck Joe

Le-Slat Disagree
4th May 2004, 19:48
I agree with you Phil, I'm not so sure there is a lack of pilots. At the BALPA conference last October there were 400+ Frozen ATPL people looking for jobs. I would guess there is a large percentage who will be applying. People are working in offices through to Ops departments just to make ends meet. At least it's a sign of good times and recruitment is finally picking up!

All the best,

Le-Slat

Pin Head
5th May 2004, 10:14
Cheeky Visual.

But do you think the RJ and 145 are progressing your career. Maybe maybe not !

Get a grip.

experience is experience. I fly the 145 and have just secured an interview with one of the worlds top airlines. I hope you are not in my RHS in a 747 in ten years.

Tosh McCaber
5th May 2004, 10:49
Pinhead

Whats the ERJ like to operate? I hope to get a a position on one in the future? FMC/Autopilot/Handling-X-Winds/ WX radar etc.

Thanks

Also: (Question to all?)

Why does the online application ask for initial Instrament Rating so many times?

Hufty
5th May 2004, 10:56
I think they just made an error. I assume each section is for each individual part of the training (CPL, ME etc.) and they just copied the same text down each time!

Ojuka
5th May 2004, 15:08
"when the real jet boys start recruiting"

"nice orange 737"

"But do you think the RJ and 145 are progressing your career?"

This kind of opinion is regrettably rife in this "industry". Why do people attach so much importance to Boeings/Airbuses? Why are Boeing/Airbus operators "the real jet boys"? Having worked previously for BRAL they are extremely professional in their training and standards. Their equipment consists of "real" jets in the form of 145 and 146/RJ. I have several ex colleagues in EasyJet. And I wouldn't have swapped my BRAL job at the time for theirs in a million years. Better pay yes. Larger aircraft yes. But the workload in terms of duty is much more exhausting.

Not everyone wants to go wide-body in their "career". It annoys me when people assume all pilots are chasing "shiny jets".

I moved to charter 757s. The appeal wears off after the first year. I don't want to go any further in size due to personal lifestyle choice.

Have you considered that gaining a command by working your way in experience through one operator might give you more "experience" than being a career FO on larger and larger aircraft types?

Spyke
5th May 2004, 15:32
Well said Ojuka,

It's that kind of "this will do for now until the proper jet jobs come along" that has (IMHO) prompted airlines to make decisions like making people pay for their own training. I'm guessing their thinking is twofold (ignoring the obvious beancounter savings):
(i) Make an initial cut on the huge pile of applicants, and
(ii) See who's willing to commit financially to job stability.

Unfortunately, all it's done is close the door for those who aren't fortunate enough to be able to throw £20,000 at a problem and make it go away. Oh, or happen to have a daddy who flew with the Chief Pilot of Whoever Air and get their job offer over luncheon after 18 holes. :rolleyes:

I worked hard for my ATPL, of which I'm about 50% paid-off over the last year-and-half or so. Depressingly, that leaves exactly £zero to spend on hours building and I now find myself in the position of not having the "50 hours in the last 12 months". :(

Whinge over. <sigh>

mad_jock
5th May 2004, 15:33
Ojuka

To be honest its no real problem those ideas being out there.

It just means that the people who want to fly anything. Have more chances of getting jobs.

MJ

WalkingChequebook
6th May 2004, 12:42
Regarding those pesky essay questions on the application form, does anybody know what the HR people are looking for? Or, more specifically, what they are not!?

These are the questions:-

Responsibility and Reliability:
Please give an example of an occasion where you exercised good judgement and decision-making skills.

Working with others:
Please give an example of a situation where you performed effectively as a member of a team'

Communicating effectively:
Please give an example of an occasion where you achieved a successful result through effective communication.

Business Awareness:
Please indicate a business issue currently facing the aviation industry and how this could be met by a regional airline.

Reasons for applying:
Please explain why you wish to join a regional airline as a pilot and what personal qualities you feel you could bring to this particular company in a flight operations role.

If anyone has succeeded in getting an interview following this type of application form, your tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. Likewise, if you're 'in the know' - it would be interesting to find out what type of answer gets your application thrown into the bin.

Many thanks,

WCB

tom24
6th May 2004, 12:52
Responsibility and Reliability:
Please give an example of an occasion where YOU exercised good judgement and decision-making skills

Working with others:
Please give an example of a situation where YOU performed effectively as a member of a team'

Communicating effectively:
Please give an example of an occasion where YOU achieved a successful result through effective communication

Reasons for applying:
Please explain why YOU wish to join a regional airline as a pilot and what personal qualities YOU feel you could bring to this particular company in a flight operations role.

Can you see the key word here?

YOU can't cheat with these questions. They will suss you out should you make it to the interview, so go with your instinct and use some of your life experiences.

WalkingChequebook
6th May 2004, 13:17
Many thanks T24.

I'd just like to add that I'm not looking for a 'cheat' on this issue, merely feedback and advice. Having not been invited for interview the last time I applied, I feel the need for a bit of careful research this time!

Cheers,

WCB

StudentInDebt
7th May 2004, 08:44
I've been told that those essay answers are scanned for keywords and the higher the number of keywords the better chance of you getting an interview. The keywords abound on any BA coporate website and with the literature they used to send out with an application, focus you research here.

The tips I received for filling in the questions were to list anything you have done in your life that might fit the title (some titles are misleading, read the subtitle to find what they actually want ie many examples or one), format your instances in the What, When etc, format, narrow down which you can fit the most BA corporate BS into and expand them into the essay format (you need 2 examples at this stage). Get a mate to read through the two of them and tell you which best fills the criteria and use that answer. Do not waffle, pad or add extraneous information, if you are shortlisted then your answers will be read by a human and any BS in your answers will result in a binning - remember that unlike school/uni essays you don't have to use 1000 words or more. You don't need to write about aviation experiences, the people doing the initial screening (used?) to work for an outside agency and didn't have a clue about planes. Indeed writing about something outside aviation may give you an edge at interview as you will appear to be more rounded. Remember the draft essay you didn't use? Well keep it in mind as you may be asked to give another example in the interview.

A lot of people complain about the BA application forms for being too long and taking too much time to fill in, if you are an unemployed 200 hour pilot remember - its a job, it worth it.

P!ggsy
7th May 2004, 09:04
No complaints whatsoever about having to fill in a long application form, but slightly annoying to have to do it online with no way of saving bits and returning. My technique was to tap it all out in Word and then paste into each box, thus using as little as possible of my precious online time to fill in form.

Questions looked vaguely familiar...

tom24
7th May 2004, 09:40
With the hundreds of applications they get, it amazes me that they have the time to sit around reading all the tosh us lot put on these forms.

Hufty
7th May 2004, 09:46
I hope they do read them. It is soul destroying filling in all these forms and sending all these CVs off knowing full well that a lot of them will just get put straight into the bin :{

My BACX form went off yesterday. Has anybody received any kind of acknowledgement yet?

Hufty.

luckyPierre
7th May 2004, 09:49
Has anyone heard back from Citiexpress sinse submitting their application?
The reason I ask is because I spoke to the school where I did my IR and they told me one of their students was called within a couple of hours regarding a job. He has his IR but no CPL yet! I know its rumour but just wondered if anyone else had such a fast response.

Cheers
LP

aapa
7th May 2004, 10:36
hi guys/gals good luck to all

I’ve sent mine on Tuesday again not been sent a reply it would be reassuring if they did having spent few hours on there hoping its got there

PPRuNeUser0215
7th May 2004, 11:10
Last time I applied to BACX, I think I had to wait two weeks or more before being invited for an interview.
These things can take a while and rules aren't fixed.
ie somtimes airlines send the dear john straight away and more often perhaps, they call successful applicants first.

Like anyone else, I had been waiting to hear either over the phone or by letter. So everyday I was rushing to the door after the mail had been delivered and I never, ever switched off my mobile.
Except once because I was attending a graduation ceremony.... Guess what happened?
Yep BACX rung just at that time so when I rung back (an hour later) my interview slot had already been allocated.
Tough but I got another slot two days before so no sweat (in the end).

Mach 1
9th May 2004, 20:03
If these are the questions which meut be answered then so be it.

There's no point complaining about the context or point. Everybody is in the same boat, and everyone has the same chance to progress through to the next stage of recruitment. We can't change the questions so if you don't like them then don't send in your application - find another company with an application form which you prefer!

aapa
10th May 2004, 10:19
hi guys and gals

i was wondering wether any one can help me im trying to get hold of BACX direct line ive lost my mobile this weekend and i would like to advise them and give them another contact number

has any one recived a reply on their application

thanks

trainer too 2
10th May 2004, 11:24
Does anybody have an e-mail address for experienced crew to sent their e-mail to with some questions? What if your type rating on the dash8 is expired 4 years ago??

hifive11
10th May 2004, 13:07
Those essay questions are a nightmare but just have to be done, we are all chasing the same job and you have to work out how to sell yourself best - no one else can do that for you.

As for completing these questions, as P!ggsy says the only way is to cut and paste. There really should be a save facility for any on-line application as it is so easy to lose what you have entered along the way.

I submitted my application about two weeks ago, having completed it at 0245 which left me about two hours sleep before my early shift. :zzz: No reply as yet.

It does however look as if the goalpost has been moved a bit. See ppjn today and what Tom24 posted earlier in this thread!!!

Oh well, will just have to keep on trying.

Hi5

boeingbus2002
10th May 2004, 23:06
Is there a closing date for submissions?
Also how many are they looking for?
cheers

toro01
11th May 2004, 12:31
any idea about the recruitment process? Thanks

Flap45
11th May 2004, 18:20
Was informed that recruiting was 'on-going' to fill current positions and to create a 'hold pool' with no closure date at the moment

fade to grey
13th May 2004, 13:54
Hi Guys/gals,

I went through the BACX process two years ago and passed and have been in the holding pool since but have had to turn them down as I have a job with more va va voom.

If anybody wants any specific advice,please PM me and I will do my best to help.

regards,
FTG

fade to grey
14th May 2004, 10:03
Hi,
Thanks to all those who PMed me about this,because you all want the basic info I will reply here and if there is still any point niggling you PM me.

1.Application form:the first filter.When i went through the process this was looked at by a recruitment company in Richmond.Those who have asserted that they are looking for keywords are probably correct although i cannot verify this. I would suggest writing out your answers on a PC and refining them before putting them on the form.The key here seems to be that the buzzwords are included in the questions and I made sure I included the words communication,teamwork,initiative etc in every answer,make your answers fill the pages as much as possible but don't fill with rubbish.I had to answer one or two from examples in commercial flying and the others from instructing,make sure you focus on what YOU did.the only tricky aspect is having enough examples as most situations were relevant to several of the questions.
Don't expect a quick return from this-it took them six to eight weeks to get back to me.

2.Interview and group exercise.This used to be held at weston-super-mare (brymons HQ).The interview was with a bloke called hodges (since retired) and a line pilot.Expect the usual questions:why BACX?where do you see yourself in five years ?(don't say easyjet !) etc. basic stuff.However watch out for the couple of aviation related ones:you turn up for work and the captain is sipping from a vodka bottle what you gonna do ?(original they are not).I took a careful line saying what a serious allegation I could be about to make ruining both our careers if not careful-and suggested I may ask to smell the bottle and confirm whats in it-they keep pushing but the bottom line is if you suspect beyond doubt he is drunk you will have to drop him in it.
No technical questions that i can recall.
The group exercise is a scenario where you are in a group and some of you are injured and basically you have to get to help:usual rules here contribute something,don't talk over others,congratulate others good ideas and don't sulk if the don't like yours.There is no fully correct answer-you will not be able to get everyone out in one piece.

If successful pass to sim ride:
this was on the BAC1-11 at cranebank.Raw data departure,ILS,steep turns etc.The info you get is good and the briefing extensive.The only advice I can offer here is if you have not flown a jet/fast turboprop invest in an hours sim before if possible.

The jobs they were offering were only turboprop-mainly ATP on the isle of man.However it appears they cant get anyone to go to inverness as my mate (146 rated)was offered direct onto 146 in Inverness.

hope this helps,
FTG

StudentInDebt
14th May 2004, 10:57
Just as a point of interest, if anyone is called in for sim ride on the 1-11 then you may want to consider booking a slot on the Trident simulator near Biggin Hill. The flightdecks are almost identical (except for the obvious) for those who are not used to 1960s ergonomics and it is a similar vintage aircraft/sim.

Also works well for any jet sim practice and is/was only £75 per hour. I don't have the number to hand but you should be able to find it using search, chaps name is Andy Mattocks.

KKM
17th May 2004, 12:36
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything from them as of yet? Now been 2 weeks since app's went online.

K

Flap45
18th May 2004, 17:18
Apparently interviews to start late May/early June, and when pressed on the acknowledgement of application forms they say that it comes up at the completion of the form when it is submitted.

Now confirmed on the website

moku
21st May 2004, 08:54
Apparently interviews to start late May/early June

So has anyone heard anything yet?

Flypiripiri
21st May 2004, 09:12
Yes, I have.
It would be very helpful if anyone could share some more info of what to expect at interview and the sim check.

e.g How technical are the tech Questions and what else has come up in the past?

Many thanks.

ukav8r
21st May 2004, 09:28
Yes me too!

Like Flypirpiri says any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

finalglide
21st May 2004, 09:38
hi citiexpress are interviewing all next week and I am sure that lots of people would love some info on the process can any one help?

aapa
21st May 2004, 10:04
hi people

good luck to all long awaited, like the others if any one has been through the hour grilling info would be great

good luck !!

(speak to maggie at balpa at heathrow office)

lookoutbelow
21st May 2004, 20:10
Could the guys that have been invited for interview please give an indication of their experience / Hours etc. I applied at least two weeks ago and still nothing!

Good luck to all those who are going for interview / Sim checks at last perhaps some light at the end of the tunnel!

toro01
22nd May 2004, 12:20
how did they contact you? telephone, email, letter

hifive11
22nd May 2004, 14:32
Hi guys

Unless they have already started interviewing, I don't think that there is possibly much information out there. When was the last time BACX recruited?

Maybe the post by fade to grey is the latest there is.

Best of luck anyway to those of you who have interviews lined up.

Hi5 :ok:

Flypiripiri
22nd May 2004, 14:51
I heard via telephone initially and have had both email and written confirmation since.

Does anybody know how many have been invited and when the interviews start?

ukav8r
22nd May 2004, 14:53
I heard via phone with a letter in the post the next day to confirm.

UK.

aapa
24th May 2004, 08:18
telephone call and letter next day TT1800hrs

TheFatMan
25th May 2004, 10:21
Congrats to everyone who have been invited for an interview!

I was just wondering if someone living outside Britain have recieved a reply or got called for interview? I have 700hr Total time, all piston no turbine and applied a couple of weeks ago.

TFM

Officer Dibbles
25th May 2004, 15:06
what sort of experience and types you guys got, I got 1400 but only 40 twin, all piston, heard nowt!
Dibs:ugh:

lharle
25th May 2004, 15:18
I am French and I applied about 3 or 4 weeks ago,I didn't receive anything yet.
I have 840h and I am still looking for a job!!!!!!!!

Butter side-up
25th May 2004, 15:26
lharle

Any jobs going for British pilots in France? Do Air France accept applications from British pilots? Are there any British pilots in Air France?

Big fan of France - just wondering.

Wee Weasley Welshman
25th May 2004, 18:23
Well ;) at least you did it humourously.

Cheers

Brucey
25th May 2004, 18:56
Butter side-up

Very nice

Anyone come across or been interviewed by Hodges yet, is he still there, the whole system he set up was really a farce not really suited to airline recruitment.

Anyway hope you guy's get my place in the pool moved on shortly after the ATPL fiasco.

TheFatMan
25th May 2004, 19:40
So I guess no one outside Britain have been contacted... and that is of course the right way. I hope no one blame me for applying at least.

Here in Sweden one of the regionals just sacked 40 pilots and no other jobs to apply for. Guess things are starting to look better over at the Kingdom. Hope all of you land a job soon and then maybe I could come over and fly some:ok:

aardvark keeper
26th May 2004, 08:47
2800 tt 40 twin (+ 60 FNPT2), not a sausage

henryIV
26th May 2004, 09:33
They're probably all plebs there aardvark keeper, would you perhaps like me to beat them into submission and admit that in fact they are the lower class?:ouch:

Shockwaves
26th May 2004, 11:06
For those of you that have had interviews this week, how did you find them?

aardvark keeper
26th May 2004, 12:44
Who's the lower class?

Penworth
26th May 2004, 13:38
aardvark, don't worry about Henry's reply. If you want to get an idea of where he's coming from, read the thread he started titled Absurd.

PW

henryIV
27th May 2004, 11:11
Penworth you pleb, keep quiet!

aardvark keeper the lower class includes everyone but me, though those at BACX who didn't give you an interview are perhaps lower than that...?!

Officer Dibbles
27th May 2004, 20:24
got the call, ready to go!!

eagerbeaver
28th May 2004, 07:00
whats the time between applying and hearing a yes or no anyone? i am two weeks today i think, i passed the previous application in 2001 till everything went bananas.

Good luck to all those in the hot seat next week!

Hufty
28th May 2004, 08:26
I have heard nothing so am assuming they didn't want to call me :{

I will try to phone them later today to see if there are still people to contact and post here if I get through to them....

Hufty.

metro_435
28th May 2004, 11:41
I got the call this week. Anyone going from the London area on Thursday... please PM me.

Ropey Pilot
28th May 2004, 12:01
Since most airlines seem to be asking for more quals than they are expecting (eg a type rating and then accepting non-rated pilots) I was hoping to get a sniff with 1200, over 100 recently. There seems to be a few of you with many more than me not called either. Can anyone who got an interview give me an idea of your hours?

Just want to work out whether I am at the bottom of the hours pool or if there were other reasons (applied after they had found all they needed, answers on app form didn't tickle their fancy etc...)

By the way well done to all who got the call and good luck at the interviews:ok:

MJR
28th May 2004, 12:08
Hours, age and Chuck Yaegurism would be of interest to me too!

cheers

MJR

moku
28th May 2004, 14:44
For those who interviewed this week has anyone heard back about sim evals, or have an approx time frame for them?

Thanks,

Moku.

wigwag
28th May 2004, 15:53
Officer Dibbles Any chance telling us what experiance you have. Just like everyone else woudering where i am in respect to the experiance levels.

cheers and good luck to all

:ok:

Officer Dibbles
28th May 2004, 16:49
I have 1400. Heard about 3 weeks after application
Cheers

Dibs

redstar
28th May 2004, 18:41
From the CitiExpress jobs website:

British Airways CitiExpress apologise that due to the volume of applications that have been received, only those people that have been selected for interview will be then contacted.

redstar

eagerbeaver
28th May 2004, 19:54
FYI i am 550 560 ish 100 multi and 733 rated, but not that great at writing why i am so brilliant, i guess three weeks seems to be reasonable, any later chaps and i would think you have been F@*ked off.

finalglide
28th May 2004, 20:07
Hi I have just come back from the interview it consists of 1 hour no tech questions just a very pleasant chat about your experience.
I got the impression that they just wanted to see what you were like to be with.
it was an enjoyable interview with 2 very pleasent people one senior captain and a first officer
if you want more info pm me
ps I have 3700 hrs and 850 commersial
now the wait for 10 days to see if a sim ride follows:uhoh:

diamodel
30th May 2004, 21:55
I had an interview last week and it was much the same as already mentioned. I have 250hrs and judging by the experience of everyone else called I am suprised to have been interviewed.

Good luck to everyone else.:)

freshnwild
31st May 2004, 10:03
I have been called to interview as well.

I have about 2500 hours total, mostly instructing.

To anybody who has had the interview please spill the beans re the interview style, whether it was a grilling or a friendly chat, any technical questions, whether its primarily for holding pool or not, time scale re sim checks etc etc

Good luck to you all....

Delta Wun-Wun
31st May 2004, 21:54
Seems to be a mix of hours among you Guys. Would be interested to see the age range of the people called for interview.
Cheers DWW:ok:

Flypiripiri
1st Jun 2004, 08:56
25 years old............although ageing rapidly whilst waiting to find out whether I'm through to the sim check or not!

Does anyone have info on what sort of profile to expect or which sim they plan to use?

All the best to those with interviews this week.

SkidSolo
1st Jun 2004, 15:15
I made a bit of a botch the first time I applied so assuming it didn't file I did it again today but it didn't send a confirmation email.

My question is, are they sending one?

Rgds
SS

moku
1st Jun 2004, 18:50
Skidsolo,

I did not get an email, but the after submitting the app the web page said that my application had be received.

hope that helps,

Moku.:ok:

Ropey Pilot
2nd Jun 2004, 09:15
That could be where my app fell down then - my web page stated that it had been sent . (I think). I was worried that it had simply disappeared into the ether never to be seen again - I was hoping for something that acknowleged receipt (proof of posting is not proof of delivery).

Could also be that they took one look at my application and chucked it in file 13:p

redsnail
3rd Jun 2004, 14:06
Just heard a friend has got the call.
Over 4000 hours, 1600 turbine.
Mid 30's

metro_435
5th Jun 2004, 08:11
Anybody else get a call yesturday in response to the interview? I got a message on my voice mail to call them, but I got it too late. I suppose I have to wait till Monday to find out.

diamodel
5th Jun 2004, 10:16
Does anyone know anything about the sim profile?

Also am trying to find out info about the Aerosoft 200 sim. From what I understand it is a generic piston twin but does anyone have any more info?

eagerbeaver
5th Jun 2004, 11:30
I was told it is the BAC1-11 sim at heathrow (not by BACX though). I used this sim for my sim check, its brilliant, really old fashoined clockwork stuff and creaks like a submarine at depth when the jacks move. Its not too difficult to fly can't really get it trimmed perfectly as the "feel" is not so good but overall it does the job.

You have to watch it in pitch quite carefully.

flying_saucepan
8th Jun 2004, 18:10
Hooray, had the magical call today. Interview in Manchester, 400TT, 28 yrs and also from the continent.:cool:
info about the interview is very much appreciated my fellow dudes and dudettes...

Officer Dibbles
8th Jun 2004, 18:18
Got the p*** off letter today think I might just give up now. 2 interviews 2 zilch.

Fed up!!!!!!!!!

GARDENER
8th Jun 2004, 18:35
If you got the letter today I expect to get it tomorrow. I may also be 2 down but I will take from it the experience gained from another interview. Its an absolute kick in the balls no doubt about it but think of those who have never even made interview. Chin up if you can get interviews when times have been really tough wait until things brighten up and you can choose which interview to take!!;) Joking aside things look a lot better each day learn from the experience and take it forward to the next one....it will come.

Officer Dibbles
8th Jun 2004, 19:31
Cheers
mate, nothing unexpected really, went in prepared for tech questions to get a load of PR questions from an HR person, if I wanted to be a sales man I would be selling cars!!

pilottom10
8th Jun 2004, 22:15
Hi guys, just got a call today from BACX inviting me for interview at Manchester, next Thursday, 17th June. Im 35 years, 470tt, submitted the on line application about 3 weeks ago, from flight international ad. Thought I had missed out, but this call has really brightened my day. Going off to find all the gen on this interview. they said 1 hour, but not technically based, although some technical questions maybe asked?
Had an interview last Friday for another airline, got that one via a refferral, never met the guy who put my name forward but he's a friend of a friend, so always make the most of any contacts, even if it is a couple of phone calls. Will hear about that one within a few weeks.

Take care
Tom.

freshnwild
9th Jun 2004, 07:21
I have had the interview and now playing the waiting game ...

Has anybody who has had the interview had news that they are through to the sim check ?

If so how long did you have to wait for the news and can you confirm the rumour that it is on a 1-11 sim. Did you get a briefing in the mail or are you expected to turn up cold ? How much notice did you have of the sim assessment day ?

Cheers !!

flying_saucepan
9th Jun 2004, 11:31
Was just wondering; any one of you had some interview training before and if so, did you feel that it was usefull?

cheerio

Officer Dibbles
9th Jun 2004, 16:54
yes i had interview training last year, obviously didnt help!

wobblyprop
10th Jun 2004, 13:22
got the phone call on tues to turn up next week for the interview. sent my app in more or less the day it was advertised.

260hrs TT + MCC

air hog
10th Jun 2004, 14:05
I know they are not very keen on being contacted in any way, but I have changed my mobile number since applying and dont want to miss an elusive call because they cant get hold of me.

Anyone out there have an email address for them, i've looked everywhere I can think of but can find nothing.

Thanks All and good luck.

moku
15th Jun 2004, 08:20
How many people who have been interviewed so far have actually had a response or had a Sim eval?

Moku.

ukav8r
16th Jun 2004, 10:54
Not a sausage. :(

Aerial Anarchist
16th Jun 2004, 12:25
Given all the effort doing the application did people get an instant electronic reciept/ email to say it had gone into the system ? I did not. - or does that come later?

moku
16th Jun 2004, 12:38
AA- this question has already been answered. Refer to my post on the previous page.

moku. :ok:

witchdoctor
16th Jun 2004, 14:38
Given all the effort filling in the application form did you not put in any effort reading the instructions? Just curious.;)

air hog
16th Jun 2004, 20:58
Have they closed recruitment yet? Have not heard anything at all since submitting the application. Guess i'm not alone!!

Cheers

air hog

monkeyboy
17th Jun 2004, 10:43
air hog, don't worry, they are still phoning people inviting them to interview.

Poontang Luva
17th Jun 2004, 10:52
They are??? When the hell am i gonna get the call :}

witchdoctor
17th Jun 2004, 13:36
There is no closing date on the recruitment as they intend for it to be an ongoing programme to replace the inevitable losses when things get moving again properly. There is a long lead time on the process and they are being fairly smart by trying to get people in place to cover current vacancies - possibly 30 or so - and to put a healthy number into the holding pool.

Having had well over a thousand applications it will obviously take time to process them all (in chronological order of receipt) and contact those in whom they have an interest.

Patience, your time will come.;)

Flying Farmer
17th Jun 2004, 15:17
Been waiting two years, hope it hurries up then Witchdoctor :\ :}

witchdoctor
18th Jun 2004, 11:23
Me too FF, but sadly the 'old' applications have all gone to the wall. Hope you have a fresh one in.

Are you still down at Compton Abbas? Hoping to blag another excuse to get down that way again this year. Maybe see you around.

Jagbag
18th Jun 2004, 14:48
Hi

Just wanted to ask a few academic questions about BACE from those in the know:

(a) Time to command on Dash 8 years/months etc.

(b) Any expansion plans?

(c) Policy on jump seat travel - also called ACM or additional crew member travel. ( Meant to keep pilots and families happy when one is located away from the family).

(d) Any outstation/layover allowances in addition to the normal pay?

Thanks in advance and wishing all those going for the interview the very best of luck.

Jagbag:8

CheekyVisual
18th Jun 2004, 20:01
Jagbag in answer to your questions.

a) If you have got bucket loads of hours and don't mind staying on the 8 there is some command potential although quite limited. Impossible to give accurate but certainly going to be a shed load longer than months. Most in BACX won't touch the 8 because we've all seen what happened to the 41 and ATP. There is no capacity anywhere else in BACX to take up the slack if the 8 "suddenly" ceased to be of use. Although management being very positive about the fleet at present so who knows the future may have props after all !

b) Unfortunately NO. Just been told that even with expansion potential at BHX after DUOs demise BACX will not be taking on any more hulls on any fleet for the forseeable future. Even with rock bottom priced RJ100s around and routes to operate them on.

c) Blanket ban on use of flight deck jumpseat. Can only be used as an absolute last resort when positioning a crew to operate. RJ sometimes have spare CC jumpseats but not sure what the policy is. There are no freebies or even cheapbies outside normal staff travel for staff wishing to commute to work.

d) Standard £1.50 hour minus tax - 30% of total at top rate. Rumour that it may be increased as part of ongoing pay round. Not holding breath though.

I hope I haven't put you off too much. No matter what most people say BACX is no worse to work for than any other company. You have to remember they are not running a charity and they will treat us as badly as they can get away with and at the moment the cards are stacked in the bean counters favour.

Everything I have written here could change tommorrow and we'll suddenly be getting 150 Emb 190s. We could also be going all Emb 145 or being shutdown altogether. it just depends what rumour you believe on what day.

The Dash 8 to us in the company looks like a dead end but I bet it doesn't to someone looking for their first sniff of an airline job. If you got the hours and experience and getting a command is the be all and end all of your life don't come to BACX best go orange or wear a harp but if not there are a lot worse places to be than RHS Dash 8 with BA painted on the side.

Jagbag
19th Jun 2004, 11:27
Cheekyvisual

Thanks for the information.

As for as command is concerned - it is not my first priority as I already have a lot of experience there.

BACX does seem to be a good team to work with and I for one wouldnt think twice about joining them (if selected).

It is always better to know what you are getting into - so that one doesn't have to waste time thinking "If only I knew" if you get what I mean.

Happy flying !:}

luckyPierre
21st Jun 2004, 11:28
Has anyone been interviewed by the guys at Birmingham?Apparantly its done by a different team to the ones that do the interviews at Manchester.

Any info would be appreciated.

Le-Slat Disagree
21st Jun 2004, 18:04
I would just like to wish a very good mate of mine all the best in his shiny new Dash-8! :D

All that hard work has finally paid off!

I'll just be extra careful next time I'm into Manch!!! ;)

All the best with the type rating.

Le-Slat

pilottom10
24th Jun 2004, 22:50
I appreciate that you may think that 20k plus flight pay is chicken feed, but I qualified in Dec 2001 and haven't had a flying job in all this time. I payed out about 60k in all. Lost 12.5k to a training company who went bust.

I worked for over a year in a call centre 13.5k per year. Now a manager with same company 17.5k a year. So i am still on the up. granted i earned 25k prior to entering avaition training, but i have made sacrifices. The money will improve, over time, so if I can get a job, gain a type rating, and valuable experience then 20k is great. Not to mention they keep you current, pay medical and licence renewal fees. And I can hold my head up and say I am a Commercial Pilot. i have achieved what I set out to do. That is priceless to me.

I wasn't attracted to flying by the prospect of a big wage packet. i love flying and that is my main motivation. Don't do it if its just for the money. You will be dissappointed.

On a brighter note, I am through to the simulator phase with BACX. There is at last light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel. Any tips on the sim would be appreciated.

Good luck to all those avaitors still pursuing their ambitions.

Take care
Tom

moku
25th Jun 2004, 13:37
Has anyone been to Cranbank yet for the assessment on the BAC1-11?

Basically does anyone know the profile yet?

Thanks.

Moku.

witchdoctor
25th Jun 2004, 13:56
The profile is totally irrelevant.

In the sim they want to see that you understand the basics of what you are doing, but primarily (and remember this please), they want to see that you listen to the advice and instructions given to you in order to improve on the first session.

They do not want to see you fly the knackers off an old bit of sim kit, or fly a perfect SID/STAR out of the arse end of beyond. They want to emply people, not robots, so remember to show them that you have some personality trait that would make them want to spend a 5 sector day sat next to you rather than wishing they could reach the crashaxe.;)

Joaquín
3rd Jul 2004, 09:52
This message is firstly to put the thread back at the top and to hear from those called for interviews. Any luck?

I have mine on Monday :\ :D :ok: :sad:

All the best for everybody

Louis Euan
4th Jul 2004, 08:30
It would be very helpful, for all of us still waiting to hear, what the background is of those called for interview. eg. hours, experience etc.

cheers

moku
4th Jul 2004, 10:30
Louis Euan

The people that I know who have been called for interviews range from 250 hr Intergrated to 1000+ hr experienced pilots.

So as you see, anyone has a chance to be selected for interview.

Best of luck.

Moku.

monkeyboy
4th Jul 2004, 10:55
Not only 250 hr Integrated but 250 hr Modular as well! Well done BACX! :D

The one thing that the modular people that I know have in common is that they have 1st time passes in the IR.

MB

hifive11
4th Jul 2004, 16:42
Louis Euan

As Moku says, they have taken on low houred, high houred, integrated and modular and also those in their 20's and 30's so there is hope for all out there.

Good luck Joaquin with the interview which is relaxed. They are not trying to catch you out, enjoy it and be yourself.

Uncle Dickie

I believe that they have taken on some guys for the ATP based in GLA until they are handed over to Loganair next year.

hi5 :ok:

Joaquín
5th Jul 2004, 15:17
Hi again,

Just did it today, nothing new to add to the posted comments. Now it's time to wait :uhoh:

My background: Spanish, 36 years, UK JAR modular, IR passed first time, +1100 hours.

Good luck to everybody (and keep fongers crossed)

hifive11
5th Jul 2004, 18:56
Joaquin

Fingers crossed for you and anyone else who is waiting to hear.

Let us know what happens

hi5

pilottom10
5th Jul 2004, 22:21
HI, Just to say that I had my sim check for BACX on Wed 30/06 at Ravenair and just waiting for the thumbs up or the PFO letter. Hoping for the first one, naturally.
I did my ATPL modular, passed exams, cpl and IR first time. Have MCC and 470 hours total. 130 hours in last year para dropping.
There is certainly a broad spectrum of people getting through to interview and the sim. Don't know why they pick some and not others. Could be that they drop them all on the floor, shuffle them and pick 10? Everyone should apply, if they fit the criteria, YOU GOT TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT.

Good luck

Tom:ok:

Leo45
6th Jul 2004, 09:11
I'm not sure they really consider anybody fitting the criteria as advertised in Flight International.

One recurrent element in the profile of those being selected for interview is that they all have passed their IR first time.

Is it a "hidden prerequisite" to be added to the published requirements?

Apart from that, they really seem to interview a very broad spectrum of the wanabee's population. Which is very good news!

ukav8r
6th Jul 2004, 11:28
Well that makes me feel very special as I passed my IR on my SECOND attempt. I have been for my interview and sim assessment, just waiting for the results now.:ok:

UK.

diamodel
6th Jul 2004, 12:18
I too passed my IR on the second attempt and have been offered a job so I think that pre-requisite is out too!!

As already said - everyone should apply.

Good luck to all waiting - hope to see you there soon

:)

moku
6th Jul 2004, 12:48
Same here I passed my IR on the second attempt. I've had the interview and the Sim assessment is scheduled. :)

Moku.

air hog
7th Jul 2004, 15:41
With the millions!! of applications recieved they quite possibly are throwing them in the air and picking a few up!

Good news for all though that they are taking a wide range of people, just wish one of them was me!! Not heard a thing yet, guess it is getting a bit late in the day.

Well done on all that have made it, let us all know how you get on.

pilottom10
7th Jul 2004, 21:02
Well after the interview and the sim check, i got a call today 07/07/2004 from BACX. The woman said the 'phrase that pays'
WE WOULD LIKE TO OFFER YOU A JOB........

I have been waiting since Dec 2001 to hear that and its been worth the wait.

I am on the Dash8, based in Edinburgh(my home town) starting on the 9th August.

What a great feeling..........

Anyone with info on type rating course etc...pls drop me a line.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting

PILOTTOM10
:D :cool: :cool: :D

Cait Sith
7th Jul 2004, 22:06
And while we're on a High, congrats to the illustrious Red Wings, who will soon be spreading 'em for BACX.
Good on yer, mate. :cool:

IceHouse
8th Jul 2004, 11:31
Anybody know what the non tech questions are like in the interview, any feedback would be much appreciated!

ptangyangkipperbang
8th Jul 2004, 13:11
They gave me the call up for an interview in Manchester in a couple of weeks. I have read all of the threads and although it appears that the interview is relaxed and non-technical, no-one has given any clue as to WHAT questions are being asked. If anyone who has been through this interview - successfully or otherwise - could give me an idea I'd be really grateful.

Also - I have tried to do some research via the BA website and I am finding it difficult to get much info on BACX. They don't appear to have their own website for a start. Can anyone direct me to an information source (I have already examined the previous threads).

Many thanks.

PYK

luckyPierre
8th Jul 2004, 13:15
Go to the Oxford Aviation website and do a search and you will find some info on Citiexpress. Also pop into your nearest BA airport and pick up an inflight magazine if you want to learn the routes.
I just kept doing searches on the net for them and evetually built up a decent amount of info.
Dont know about Man interview I was interviewed at BHX.

ptangyangkipperbang
8th Jul 2004, 13:30
Thanks LP

much appreciated

Brucey
8th Jul 2004, 18:00
Good luck to you all,

I managed to get through CTC after recruitment at BACX was frozen and find a place elsewhere, but would have taken BACX anyday, great company.

flyhalf2
8th Jul 2004, 20:42
I've got a sim check coming up, does anyone have any idea of how many pilots they need, how many have got through so far, are they now looking for the pool?

Any additional info on the sim check?

Good luck to everyone.

Prickie
9th Jul 2004, 08:46
I've just been given the nod for interview at Man and would also like info on how it pans out.

Also, if successful, the sim is on the 1-11 at Heathrow, but the Biggin sim is down - anybody know where another old analogue sim is that I can use.

I've been told the one at Bournemouth.

Cheers

Banane
9th Jul 2004, 08:59
Hello there,
Has anyone any information on the BACX SimCheck,whether you have to fly single pilot or rely on MCC/CRM with explicit orders to the PNF? Then you would at least get some help from the other side of the cockpit. Found some info on what to expect on the pattern part, but nothing on cockpit management.
Thanks

Prickie
9th Jul 2004, 09:24
What is the info that you have got??

witchdoctor
9th Jul 2004, 10:12
Have any of you guys actually bothered reading the other posts on here. If you have, and you still ask the question, then I don't fancy your chances much.

Sometimes I just might as well give up.:rolleyes:

Banane
9th Jul 2004, 12:51
If you look under wannabees here at pprune, then you will find 4 topics on BA in one of them the selection procedure and a simulator session are described. On the sim session is a comment from somebody whom actually took it. There you can read what they had to fly at the session.
Also on the net I found bits and pieces of having an engine failure during cruise during the session but forgot the name of the inetpage.
Still I couldn' t find out whether it is single pilot flying or CRM they want to see.
Thanks

lumbertoast
11th Jul 2004, 11:42
Hello all,

I am destined for interview shortly in Manchester, and have found precious little info on the company on the internet. BALPA and the IPAs websites have some info but it is hardly comprehensive.

Does anyone have knowledge of or link to a site that will tell me where each type of ac is actually based. Having spoken to contacts, I have a rough idea of total numbers and the major bases, but nothing accurate or definitive - particularly with the recent and planned changes for the various fleets.

Cheers for the info........

carbonfibre
14th Jul 2004, 15:00
I have done the online thing, and i have read these posts so before anyone gets aggrevated, can someone try and answer this for me

I didnt get an electronic confirmation although it said sent? when i completed the application, did they or didnt they recieve it or do i need to do it again

Help on this please

Thanks everyone and hope all goes well

flaps to 60
14th Jul 2004, 15:36
prickie

Try the Trident sim in Kent (cant remember exactly but im sure some one will) or the Aer Lingus 1-11 sim at Dublin airport.

Good luck:D

moku
14th Jul 2004, 16:15
carbonfibre,

That is all you will get. When I sent mine the page just indicated that the application had been sent. I have been for an interview and have a sim scheduled. So it does appear that the applications get through.

Hope that helps to your mind at rest.

Moku.

Ropey Pilot
14th Jul 2004, 17:25
Flaps to 60

I believe the Kent sim you are talking about is the one near Biggin Hill

Trident Sim (http://www.trident-sim.com/)

I vaguely remember reading somewhere on Proon that it is down at the mo - but I may well be talking rubbish

hifive11
14th Jul 2004, 18:11
carbonfibre

I didn't get any acknowledgement either and have also had an interview. I believe that they are still interviewing judging from a previous post, so hopefully you will get a phone call.

Prickie

It is worth checking out to see if the Trident sim at Biggin Hill is still US because it is well worth an hour or two of your time. It certainly helped me.

I am not sure if I am dreaming but did I read that there is a 1-11 sim at Bournemouth :confused:

hi5

flaps to 60
14th Jul 2004, 18:43
Ropey

I think your right didn't it used to be in Tunbridge Wells or somewhere out that way?

carbonfibre
14th Jul 2004, 20:54
Moku and hifive11

Thanks for the info, yes that has helped to put mind at rest.

I hope sim ride goes well for all who have got there.

Many thanks:ok:

moku
14th Jul 2004, 22:01
hifive11,

there is a 1-11 sim in bournemouth, but it too is out of service.
I used a 727 sim in bournemouth which is really good, plus while there I took a peek in the 1-11 to get a feel for it etc.

I used MCT (http://www.multicrew.co.uk/) in Bournemouth was very helpful.

moku.

hifive11
15th Jul 2004, 07:07
Moku

Thanks for the information and good luck with your sim check

hi5

Norman Goering
18th Jul 2004, 20:39
A few points of interest.

BACX Operate RJ100's, BAe 146's, ERJ-145's, Dash 8's and the 3 ATP's wetleased to Loganair.

Approx. 550 pilots in the company.

Time to command varies but expect 5 years as a min.

Pay improves several thousand after first 2 years.

Dash 8 bond is £7,500 and over 2 years. Not repaid from slary - just "worked " off. If you leave, payment calculated pro rata.

6 Weeks of leave per year. BA Staff travel concessions.

Interviews will continue throughout August.

Courses for Dash 8 F/O's are scheduled monthly until at least Jan 05. First batch are already line-training.

Good company to work for, especially as a first commercial job. Yes people are leaving, but the grass is not always greener. Depends what you expect. My advice, there are a few better companies, but they aren't recruiting and there are a lot worse. All airlines have problems - just go with an open mind.

Poontang Luva
18th Jul 2004, 22:38
Interviews continuing through August??? SWEET:ok:

Hopefully they will set eyes on my application soon!

ML Handler
20th Jul 2004, 07:54
Does anybody have a contact number for the sim at Bounemouth, it is not on their web site.

moku
20th Jul 2004, 08:59
ML,

Check your PM's

Moku.

pseudorandomnoise
20th Jul 2004, 10:36
Moku,

Could you pass their number onto me too, please.

Thanks

PSN

pseudorandomnoise
20th Jul 2004, 12:27
Moku please check you pp.

PSN

ukav8r
4th Aug 2004, 17:08
Rumour has it now that the classes are full until October and that people are being placed the pool until more classes can be arranged. Could be as long as Dec/Jan.

I have not heard back yet from my sim assessment. Just waiting now.

UK.

ptangyangkipperbang
5th Aug 2004, 21:55
ukav8r when did you have your sim check and what was it like?

aardvark keeper
6th Aug 2004, 16:28
I've not been on here for about the time it takes to rip out an old bar with a flat blade & a chock, totally construct a new cafe bar and then try run it, so what has been written between pages 3 & 12 i'm unsure, but what i read before was correct

Anyway, interview, very relaxed, no tech Q's as said etc

sim check, mine at Raven Air then a call of an offer. I'm on the sep course of 6, last i heard they had over 1000 app's & had 18 for jul,aug,sep.

My background, 2800 instructing, atpl, everything current but a guy i met on the sim before me had 300 hrs tt, so i would say they are looking at the person.

From what i gather, it's a call when positive then letter.

Good luck 2 all applying

AK - come bar man

Prophead
6th Aug 2004, 19:12
AK.

Congratulations, that makes 2 of my instructors who have gone to the airlines.

Look forward to trying out the new bar next week.

BugSpeed
8th Aug 2004, 10:16
I finally heard from BACX a couple of weeks ago and I am starting in October!:ok:

Anybody else in the same boat and looking for somewhere to live? Drop me a message if you are.

No real surprises in my interview and the sim ride was fairly straight forward at Cranebank.

Dash head
12th Aug 2004, 13:31
BugSpeed,

check you pm's

Dash Head

eagerbeaver
12th Aug 2004, 15:46
got a call today asking about a few of details of my application i filled back in may! got all excited answered the questions and she said thanks very much a put phone down - i got all excited. Now i am wondering what is going on. I guess a call is better than no call, anyone else had similar?

monkeyboy
12th Aug 2004, 17:28
Anyone else starting on the Sept course?

Cheers

MB

License to Fly
12th Aug 2004, 19:24
eagerbeaver - what sort of questions were they asking ?

eagerbeaver
13th Aug 2004, 07:42
stuff specific to my application, have i renewed my instrument rating, about my job at NOW and my current job. That was about it.

air hog
13th Aug 2004, 08:25
Sounds like good news for those of us not lucky enough to get the call first time around? Best of luck eagerbeaver, I hope the interview goes well.

ML Handler
13th Aug 2004, 15:53
Got the news today that I have been accepted following my sim ride, have been placed in the pool.

lookoutbelow
13th Aug 2004, 16:29
ML Handler,

Thats great news! Well done!

How did you get the news and when was your SIM ride? I had mine last sunday and heard nothing yet. How did you find it and what is your experience just out of interest?

Regards, LOB

eagerbeaver
13th Aug 2004, 17:28
not a mention of an interview i am afraid, just fingers crossed.

Trainee pilot
14th Aug 2004, 10:27
Has anyone had an interview for direct entry onto the jet fleet and roughy how long have people been waiting after simride before hearing the news?

witchdoctor
16th Aug 2004, 11:26
Surprised nobody else has mentioned it yet. In this week's Flight International, BACX have advertised yet again for F/O's, this time for jet positions.

Quite obvious then that they are still recruiting, so don't give up just yet. With so many applications in response to the last ad, they're almost certainly still snowed under.

Website for applications for the latest vacancies still the same....

jobs (http://www.bacitiexpressjobs.com) :ok:

Jonnie Walker
23rd Aug 2004, 11:08
Guys,

Just putting this, the original BACX post back to the top.

Had my sim check on the 24th July and have since been told on the phone, I'm in the hold pool.
But nothing in writing from them yet !

Anyone heard any more / know any details, or got anything in writing ?

JW

jaarrgh
23rd Aug 2004, 12:05
JW
Congrats. Did mine on Aug 9 and did not hear anything. Decided to call them on 20 Aug and told that I was in hold pool. They said that they were sending details and letters that day (Friday). I understand that Ms West is away on holiday now but I am looking forward to some info. Any one else know anything about the pool?
In any case I am dead happy!

High Wing Drifter
23rd Aug 2004, 12:22
Jaarrgh,

Now that is a great handle :ok:

ptangyangkipperbang
23rd Aug 2004, 13:21
funnily enough jaargh I did the same thing - sim check on the 9th (nothing like what I expected), waited and waited and then called last Wed. BW told me that I passed and was in the pool, and that a letter was going out. Have since heard or seen nothing.........possibly Niall Crozier's fault.

Anyway - can't wait.

air hog
25th Aug 2004, 10:04
Well done to all that have got through so far.

Just out of interest, does anyone know anything about the first application sort through? I only ask as there appears to be such a large variety of people getting called for interview. What is it they are looking for?

Interested in feedback.

Cheers

monkeyboy
25th Aug 2004, 11:50
air hog, the people that I know that have got through range age-wise from early twenties straight out of integrated flight school, thirty somethings straight out of modular flight school (me included) through to late thirties flying instructors so as you can see there is a broad spectrum!

Hang on in there!

MB

BugSpeed
4th Sep 2004, 09:12
Ladies and Gents,

Thought I would help highlight why it appears BACX (and indeed a number of other carriers) are not selecting a specific type of candidate, and this was backed up by a mate of mine who is currently a training capt with another carrier.

If you aim at one particular type of candidate, the chances are they will all be of similar backgrounds with similar interests, political leanings and ambitions.

On the flight deck this could prove a poor decision as the train of thought runs that such a group of people will make the same or similar decisions that could prove disastrous if you have a bad day at the office.

By selecting diverse characters with widley varying experience the opportunity to think outside of the box both on the flightdeck, and in the management role, can only help a company to avoid the general decision process following one general path (which will not follow a logical thought process accounting for all posibilities and outcomes).

This is only one opinion and certainly from the work in group dynamics I have done it would make sense. From what I gather this is a track that other airlines are considering at the moment too.

Hope this helps to make a bit more sense of the bigger picture.

Happy Landings

BugSpeed

HOCHWALDSPRUDEL
4th Sep 2004, 09:34
Hi there!

I applied there as well online a few months ago...and I didn't get any response. I have over 1000 hours Dash 8 experience, but no reaction?!

Does anybody have an explanation for that?

Greetings