PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!!!

Flying_triplet
4th May 2004, 03:55
Hi all,

Feeling a bit confused at the moment!!! I recently got a F/A position and must relocate to Melbourne....... My question is will I find it hard finding a place to live????? Is there a particular suburb one could recommend to move too???? Has anyone else been in my situation and how did you find the move??????

I am very excited about the move and my new adventure, but alittle concerned where to live and if I'll find a suitable place.......Please help!!!! All your thoughts are muchly appreciated......

thanks in advance FT

Franck
4th May 2004, 04:30
Flying Triplet

You have to be a bit more specific in your query. For example, do you want to live closer to the airport or to the city? Do you have a car or are you going to rely on public transport or taxis etc.? Msg me and I will try to help you with some specifics.

Ciao!

SocialFlyer
4th May 2004, 06:29
Hi,

I got to agree with Franck, do you have a car, would you prefer to live close to the airport or closer to city... Do you want to share?

Provide us with these details and we can recommend a few places.. It will be easy to find something.. Actually I know of someone who works at Virgin and is looking for a house mate... She is in ground operations Melbourne and just bought a house and needs a house mate.. Great girl and been with Virgin since day one... It is Virgin you got the job with isnt it???

Send me a PM and I can pass on the details. She lives around 15-20 min from airport and half hour from city...

Cheers

SocialFlyer

Ascent
4th May 2004, 14:38
www.realestate.com.au (http://www.realestate.com.au) is a great place to start hunting.

goodluck:ok:

ozskipper
4th May 2004, 22:25
I was transferred to Melbourne from Sydney with work.

No problems at all finding accommodation. The public transport isn't too bad, although I try not to use it if I don't have to.

Personally, I think your better off living somewhere closer to the CBD rather than near the airport. St Kilda (East and West are both nice and less expensive than St Kilda proper). Windsor, Prahran, Malvern, South Yarra are also very nice - a little more expensive but its only a 20 min drive to the airport. Carlton, Fitzroy, Collingwood are also fairly central and again only about a 20 min run to the airport.

There's lots of share houses around and you should probably have a look at www.heraldsun.com.au or www.theage.com.au for share houses. Or use the find a flat mate sites that exist in their thousands!

PM me for more info....