PDA

View Full Version : Abingdon Fayre 2004

Neil Porter
3rd May 2004, 17:11
Just to say a big thanks to everyone who supported my event - the weather i still cannot believe really - turned out very warm & sunny whereby many of my visiting aircraft could not get in due to low clag & generally sh*tty conditions..

Made abit of history too by having the first "RAF" Jets ( pair of Hawks) to land back at Abingdon since closure in 92 so chuffed with that - thanks Dave Harvey & 100Sqn in general!

The visit by two P51 Mustangs which landed on & did a pairs display later was excellent, a last minute addition thanks to my Air Traffic crew from Kemble who kindly arranged it, & to all other air participants ranging from Tucano (thanks Martin), T28 Fennec, RV4, BBMF Spitfire, Vampire & the RN Lynx....& all the static arrivals that made it (out of the 50 or so) incl Jet Provosts, Beech 18, Fox Moth, Canadian marked Chipmunk etc etc..& of course the ground exhibitors!!

Thank you all once again:ok:

elderforest
4th May 2004, 12:31
Neil,

Cracking show - great to see Archer 1 & 2 land at Abingdon.

Perhaps you could get 9 Hawks in next year?!

Cheers.

Ian Matthews.

:ok:

Neil Porter
4th May 2004, 15:52
Elderforest - was great to see "Archer 1 & 2 eh - 9 Hawks, Hmmmm no probs!!!!

The Naval Lynx display i thought was very good also, one of the Pilots Lt Cmdr Jamie Coulton was in last years Lynx "Black Cats" team - but he & Lt Andy Dowling deserve great credit, especially in the practice on day before as weather was ****e!!

Orange Arm Waver
12th May 2004, 01:36
Yeah the weather proved how good the Lynx camoflage was! Quite a struggle to see it at times.
Top event Neil as always...
Love to have a VC-10 to play with next year. LoL!:E :ooh: :}

Neil Porter
12th May 2004, 07:42
Arm waver - you never know what i can cundger up!!::ok:

Orange Arm Waver
12th May 2004, 22:06
You manage it... I'll park it... but I'm bu**ered if I'm going to push it into it's spot!!!:ok: