PDA

View Full Version : EZY @ LTN STN and LGW

MaxMet
3rd May 2004, 15:15
Are EZY realy desperate for Crew at the above Airports?

I see that they have hijacked (a free website that is used by safas kiwis and ozzies as an online community in London and has been mentioned in the accomodation thread). looking for Crew.

I see that they have also made many posts for the past few months. Most advertisers are small businesses or Health Care organisations that are also desperate for people.

Must be desperate as most of the people who use this site are only travelling through the UK and are looking for temp jobs.

Quick tip for EZY to help overcome the shortages that they are having in the south east PAY MORE!! you tight fisted tw&£s.

Also try recruiting in the new EU countries you will find plenty of keen workers there who will work for buttons and send it back home where they can build more dachas.

Maximilian Metternich:E

jettesen
5th May 2004, 19:50
You may be suprised to learn that Easy are one of the best paid airlines in the UK! They are loking for more crews as the airbus they use out of LGW require 4 crew on board and not 3 as with the boeings.

Dogma
5th May 2004, 21:13
Maybe for cabin crew, but not for pilots.

Perhaps it's because cabin crew sell them selves short?

Smell the Coffee
5th May 2004, 23:10
Dogma, both Flightdeck and Cabin Crew at EZY are well paid, although CC generally only earn as much due to the 4-sector days.

And yes, easy are desperate for crew at the moment.

It's an OK airline to work for; uniform's an embarrassment to be honest, and by the 4th sector you are well and truly KNACKERED.

On the flip side, many aircraft are brand new, and both Flightdeck and Cabin Crew are fantastic.

Brilliant airline to start a career with.

MaxMet
6th May 2004, 18:06
Ok that may cover crew shortage @ LGW but what about STN and LTN?

MM

jettesen
6th May 2004, 18:35
all the boeings from gatwick are now at STN and LTN, so extra crews needed foe them. Also lots of new destinations have started

Smell the Coffee
6th May 2004, 19:17
Jettesen, LGW is still a 737 base (Airbus 319s apart).

ezygalleyboy
13th May 2004, 22:53
Easyjet need crew at all their London bases because they are expanding. We have 2 new Airbus 319s arriving every month, and routes are being added to most of our regional bases this summer. Also 5 new 319s are being based in Berlin SXF and and Dortmund will also open this summer as a crew base.

Yes crew leave easyJet, but I have been there for 3 years and although I have a few minor grumbles, I am really happy.

The pay is good compared to other UK airlines. You are only really going to earn more at Ryanair or BA. The crew are fantastic, the training is good, and there are lots of oppurtunities for career development and promotion.

Dont knock it until you try it.

PropellerPaul
14th May 2004, 09:31
Well said 'EZYGALLEYBOY' I couldn't agree more. I'm at easy in liverpool & really enjoy it! In the business for 13 years (including B.A. Heathrow) & it does compare favourably with most of the other airlines around with regard to pay, conditions, promotion & the people - from managers right through to us as crew. I think the reason people leave any airline in the south-east is a higher turnover of staff generally & people who 'use' any airline as a stepping-stone to the next big thing! As you say, don't knock it till you've tried it!:ok:

sixmilehighclub
15th May 2004, 11:47
Prop Paul, I agree!

Another LCC took a mass influx of crew from Italy a few years ago who were hoping for an easy way in to Alitalia and others. It became obvious that they were using them for a stepping stone so the management began treating everyone likewise, even labelling themselves internally as a 'stepping stone'.

Unfortunately those who were proud to be part of the brand and wanted to build a career with them were treated with less respect. Morale plummetted.

I hope this doesnt affect EZY in the same way.

Keep up the good spirits guys!!

Six :ok: