PDA

View Full Version : mk airlines routes

RUDAS
3rd May 2004, 11:49
hey,

was inbound jnb the other night to joburg and on alpha charlie frequency i heard an MK Airlines 747-200 coming in from Curitiba.Anybody know where else they fly? All over africa i believe,but where exactly?

manamana
6th May 2004, 17:36
Hey RUDAS, MK operate all over the world. They did start on predominantely African routes, but now go to every continent there is, albeit not very often to Australasia. They are a very fast growing airline, and if you look around PPRUNE you will find a good amount of cussing of them going on. Jealousy seems to me to be the main motive.
:rolleyes:

acmi48
7th May 2004, 07:42
MK are very much dependant as the air wing of ASB-AIR the flight side of PANALPINA hence their global routes and market diversification,the only thing that may come and haunt them will be the engines on the classics as the PW JT9 70a and 7q will soon not be noise compliant anymore in europe.

BRISTOLRE
7th May 2004, 21:18
ACMI48 - when is the phase out/ban coming into force then for the JT9D-7A and 7J then? Those in Europe are all Stage 3 compliant. Do you meanwhen Stage 4 rules come in Sir?

acmi48
10th May 2004, 12:05
ref noise-my understanding
the compliancy is based currently on compensation of one of three elements-side-approach and overhead
in most cases landing weights have been reduced especially on the cf6 50 series and some older PW/RR types to allow the compliancy to be met.
this i have heard will eventually be withdrawn and that all elements of stage 3 will have to be met altho 2006 seems a long way off.
in the meantime all new types have to be 4 compliant eff jan 01 2005

cumulo
11th May 2004, 20:48
MK main base is .....Luxembourg, main european hub of ASB-AIR / panalpina.

GlueBall
13th May 2004, 14:47
From CWB to JNB? ...Must have been with near zero payload, as Curitiba is at 3000 feet elevation with only a 7300' pavement!