PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Lic in Italy

oxi
3rd May 2004, 05:44
Hellow all, does anyone know what the requirements are to be able to fly a Agusta 109E in Italy and France. The company i fly for in Australia has purchased one and the owner wants to do some flying through theses countries.

Once I do the factory training can I obtain a tempory licence (private is only needed) if so can it be done with minimal fuss over the counter at the local Civil Aviation Area Office?

I appericeate anyones help

Regards
Rob

C-47
4th May 2004, 07:06
Hi Oxi,

Acutally it depends in which country the helicopter has been registred. If it's registred in Australia (VH I think...) no problems at all: just check out how our airspaces are organized (a Jeppesen manual can give you a sufficent overview).
If the helicopter has been registred somewhere else...this might be a problem. I think that France can issue a temporary validation of your license but I have no idea if the A109 type rating will be considered or not.
Also, You didn't wrote if you need to fly with commercial or private only privileges.
As a rule of thumb, forget to obtain a COMMERCIAL quickly as a validation or conversion of your Aussie license. A private license might be a little easier.

Don't forget that almost all Europe is now issuing JAA license: why don't you ask some more information to the UK Civil Aviation Authority. UK is of course a JAA country but may be there are some special agreements and/or mutual recognition of licenses between Commonwealth Countries so that you could obtain what you're looking for in uk with no big problems...

oxi
5th May 2004, 07:58
Thanks C-47 for your imput, yes we will probably have the 109 on the Aussie VH registar straight out of the factory, I will have a look at your suggestion regarding the UK JAA option. Hopefully as I only require a private licence this shouldn't take too much effort.

Thankyou again

Rob

C-47
5th May 2004, 08:07
If the helicopter is VH registred you will only need your Aussie license (provided that you are current on type etc.). A private pilot license would not be necessary in this case.

Bye