PDA

View Full Version : Help - group Emails

Genghis the Engineer
2nd May 2004, 23:18
I'm a member of several flying clubs, all fairly large, and inevitably want to occasionally send a group Email. Todays was a fairly straightforward "I'm flying to Duxford next Thursday for the day, anybody want to come along for the ride".

Now my previous ISP was NTL, and my current ISP is AOL (a recent change due to a transition to broadband). Both have when presented with an Email to 20+ recipients usually chosen to block it with some message along the lines of "too many recipients".

So I then break up the Email list to (for the sake of argument) 3 groups of 7 each and try and resend. This gets blocked as well, as it does if I send to just one off the list.

My best guess is that my first Email has triggered some kind of spam filter - generally down to the number of Email addresses. This then blocks my further attempts to send the same Email to smaller groups or an individual recipient.

And, being an honest citizen just trying to communicate with fellow flying club or syndicate members, I find it an absolute bally nuisance.

Can anybody offer me any advice on how to deal with this increasingly irritating problem?

G

Memetic
4th May 2004, 01:05
You could set up a mailing list on something like Yahoo groups. Send one email to the group address and it will go to all members.

To prevent spam only group member's email adresses can send to the mailing list.

It does not eliminate the ham fisted anti spam techniques of AOL but it gets past them.

Memetic.