PDA

View Full Version : Medical question

kiora
2nd May 2004, 22:32
So far, so good!

Made it through the initial selection and after numerous setbacks (did anyone else have their interview dates chopped and changed?!?!?!) have my interview in Glasgow on 20th May.

I have very mild asthma and an inhaler to control it but only use the inhaler occasionally. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this was likely to pose a problem if I get to the medical stage?

As usual, if anyone wants to offer any advice on the interviews and computer tests then I am all ears!:D

AlanM
3rd May 2004, 07:34
I know of at least two ATCO's who joined with mild asthma..... but not sure of the EXACT ruling. Good luck

sla
4th May 2004, 15:18
Good luck with your interview (and medical).

I am really frustrated at the moment as my interview was to be this Friday, and I have been preparing, getting ready mentally etc etc and I have just received an e-mail saying it's cancelled and to check the booking thingy over the next few weeks to sort out a new one.:{ :mad: :{ :mad: :{ :mad: :{

Charlie Fox
4th May 2004, 15:21
Don't mention the asthma!!!!!!

Timothy
4th May 2004, 15:48
Good Idea!

Gasp Golf Lima Gasp India Zulu Hold on a sec gasp Zulu, heading 170 to establish gasp closing the gasp localiser from the gasp left call me when gasp you have oh dear turn gasp right heading gasp 240 :}

More seriously, have you tried the Medical Issues Forum?

Hawk
4th May 2004, 17:39
Kiora...if you do a quick search on "Asthma", you'll find about 62 threads on this topic.

Barnaby the Bear
5th May 2004, 07:05
Timothy,

Sick but :D :} :D

squibbler
5th May 2004, 17:31
Shouldn't cause you any problems. I have mild asthma for which I use an inhaler. I also have hay fever, allergies to dust, pet hair and the like. I also smoke 20 a day (probably not a good idea!) and drink loads of ale, all of which goes down on the Medical Declaration form every 2 years - not a problem.

edited to remove personal insult.
f40

kiora
16th May 2004, 21:48
Cheers folks.

Will aim to get through interview then worry about the medical if I get that far!