PDA

View Full Version : Stapleford???

CharlieAlphaTango
2nd May 2004, 22:04
Hello everyone,

Hope the form is good. Might be for Stapleford soon and am just looking for some insights good and bad.

Cheers chikadees :ok:

G SXTY
3rd May 2004, 11:09
Erm, hard runway - good, grass areas waterlogged in winter - bad.

Clubhouse, shop, training standards / reputation - good, radio in Whiskey Charlie - bad. :)

PM me if you've got any specific questions.

Foz2
4th May 2004, 15:43
CAT,

Cant fault them really. Very friendly, very professional, big fleet, very reasonable course costs and they seem to have the knack of having a friendly flying club atmosphere with all the efficiency and professionalism of a major FTO.

One thing I would say is that they could do with making the asphalt runway a bit longer. Touch and go's can become pretty interesting if you are not careful!! However, this makes you a more accurate pilot i guess.

Oh yeah and they've got a VOR/DME on the airfield which is useful.

Foz

As above PM me if u want.

AIRWAY
4th May 2004, 17:02
Hello,

Im with Stapleford too, what everyone said above is true ( Try a search there's a few topics regarding Stapleford ).

Im a student pilot and a keen amateur photographer as well, so when i have an opportunity to take a shot when flying or on the ground i do so, if you want to have a look at the planes or the airfield, just let me know and ill send you some photos.

Anything else PM me.

All the best.

CharlieAlphaTango
7th May 2004, 00:14
Cheers folks,

Good to hear there are no major bad points! Usually people cant wait to run flying schools down if they are bitter, but Stapleford seems all good so far! If anybody can tell me any more about the accomodation there I would be grateful. Is there a sink in each room? In general what are the facilities like?

See ya'l soon!

Airway,

I\'d love to see some pictures if it\'s not too much hassle!

Tanx

Foz2
7th May 2004, 09:37
CAT,

I cant speak from experience about the accom at Stapleford, however I did do one of my PPL exams in one of the rooms as they were having building work done in the classrooms! The room looked ok, pretty small, had tv, can't remember if it had a sink - dont think so, and communal kitchen I believe. Give them a call and they'll tell you. It all looks in good nick though.

By the way, which part of sunny Belfast are you from? I have family living all over Co. Down and South Belfast.

Cheers

Foz

Crosswind Limits
7th May 2004, 11:28
Training standards are high and the instructors are mostly a good bunch! However, can't say the same for the admin staff/management, who get the thumbs down in IMO!

G-SEXY
7th May 2004, 13:29
Doing my training there at the moment!

As far as accomodation goes, its pretty good. There are no sinks in the rooms but there is a couple of nice shower rooms, kitchen and washing facilities.

So far I have found the training to be excellent, theres a really friendly atmosphere! I've had a good experience with both instructors and admin staff! Good luck with your training CharlieAlphaTango!!

:ok:

MorningGlory
10th May 2004, 11:24
I attended SFC 2002/3 where I completed my CPL/IR and MCC. I have no complaints whatsoever and contribute my success to the team at SFC in particular the head of training, for excellent flight training standards.

I am now flying 73's, which I don't think I would be had I chosen to go elsewhere.

Good luck!

MG.