PDA

View Full Version : NAC - ATPL feedback

hibypassratio
2nd May 2004, 18:55
Anyone have any feedback on the NAC, Naples Air Centre, course out of Florida. I'm Canadian and you can write the exams in Orlando, which would be easier than the UK. Although, quality over convenience. I must look into Bristol as well.

JohnnyPharm
4th May 2004, 11:42
Even if you do Bristol GS notes you can sit the exam at any venue including Orlando. NAC also do a brush up the week before exams as well.

hibypassratio
4th May 2004, 14:09
Thanks JP.

Another question:

I've been seeing some other chatter regarding all of your training or testing having to be done in the same state. If in the US, testing is under CAA authority, could the written exams for example, be done in the US then anyflying done partially or entirely in the UK for the ATPL?

NACGS
4th May 2004, 18:33
Just to clarify about the USA exam center, unless you are an enrolled student of one of the following schools:

Atlantic Flight Training
Delta Connection Academy
Helicopter Adventures
Naples Air Center

Then there is a $300 per sitting charge for use of the Orlando Exam center, on top of the GBP55 you pay to the UK CAA for the exams. This is used to pay for the conference room and the independant invigilators.

Just to clarify - students of any non USA based school (ie other than those in the list above) will have to pay the $300 per sitting charge .

hibypassratio : any of these schools mentioned are approved by the UK CAA, so we are actually operating under the same state of the UK. Students taking our courses often travel to the UK for the CPL and Type rating courses, they must of course travel to the UK to complete their IR courses.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_4_25.gif

eaglejet
5th May 2004, 04:37
If i understand right it's 55GBP times 14 to pay plus 300 dollars every time you go to the Orlando exam center (2times i guess), right??? If you are NAC student is the 300 dollars fee waived?

Ninety-Nines
5th May 2004, 04:52
For the schools listed, I understand that all incorporate the exam fee into their course prices, therefore, with those schools you do not pay any extras apart for the CAA examination fees.