PDA

View Full Version : Pax with loaded gun at AVP

RiverCity
16th Oct 2001, 02:56
Passenger got caught at the screening in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton PA (AVP) airport today. Had a loaded gun in (I think) his carryon. Currently trying to raise $250k bail.

sanjosebaz
16th Oct 2001, 03:31
Surprised they even granted the tw@t bail. :eek:

pigboat
16th Oct 2001, 04:04
You sometimes wonder how dumb some people can actually be. :rolleyes:
River City, totally off topic, but I heard that Bethlehem Steel filed Chapter 11 today. Any truth to it?

RiverCity
16th Oct 2001, 05:09
I heard that Bethlehem Steel filed Chapter 11 today. Any truth to it? I'm afraid so. They've been having a hard time for the last 2 or 3 years, because demand dropped prior to 9/11 and most likely there will be a drop in consumer (ordinary people) demand for steel-containing products. I understand their retirement funding is big and that's working against them.

RiverCity
16th Oct 2001, 07:03
UPDATE on this incident:

A 53 year old man was caught with a loaded handgun in his briefcase, hidden under a laptop. The flight was from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (AVP) to Pittsburgh; he would then connect to Houston. When caught in routine screening, he claimed he should be allowed to carry a gun onto planes and that the government should train people like him to be air marshalls. He then said he did not realize the handgun was in his bag.

The initial report I received was that he was being held in $250k bail. That was not accurate. He is being held without bail and faces a fine of $250,000 after doing ten years in the slammer.

[ 16 October 2001: Message edited by: RiverCity ]

Steve76
16th Oct 2001, 07:47
Yeah right! happens to me all the time....
"Kids have you seen my glock? I'm sure its around here somewhere...?"
One would've thought that a doctor would have a better idea of where his pistol was.
Hit him for the max, he deserves it. :rolleyes:

LN-PILOT
16th Oct 2001, 12:49
Seems like a good screening...., AVP. And hello to all friends in Scranton/Seamans Airport(9N3), PA.

Thor, "The crazy Norwegian"