PDA

View Full Version : We're all going on a summer holiday....

Paracab
2nd May 2004, 00:08
Well, its nearly time to pack the suitcases and head into the sun, anyone going anywhere nice ?

I'm heading off for a quiet week on a greek island :cool:

Where are you off to ? Whats your idea of a break ? A week of 24/7 full on clubbing Ibiza styly or renting a cottage in a nice part of the UK ? Perhaps something in between...?

Do tell.....

The Nr Fairy
2nd May 2004, 06:25
No holiday plans this year, but if you're flying EZY, take your own aircraft insurance !

TamedBill
2nd May 2004, 07:32
An extended weekend to Naples in 3 weeks is the only definate break so far, staying on the Amalfi coast - can't wait :D

takenthe5thamendment
2nd May 2004, 08:15
Wherever you are going, have a great time, BUT -
keep away from The Lake District - I'm having to sleep over at a friend's house so I don't have a 2 hour journey of 35 miles to get to work tomorrow night!

Flaming tourists blocking up the M6 :mad:

X-QUORK
2nd May 2004, 13:23
Mrs X-Q and myself are off to Ithaca in Greece for a week, I've heard it's one of the less developed Greek islands. Looking forward to some cold Amstels in the local taverna after a swim in the crystal clear sea - can't wait.:)

AerBabe
2nd May 2004, 15:44
This year I'm having my first proper holiday in about three years. I'm off to Canada again for my friend's wedding. Can't afford to do much when I get there, but there's nothing wrong with ambling round town & drinking cold beer with hot chicken wings!

redsnail
2nd May 2004, 16:29
I've had my summer holiday. Tootled off home (Australia) for 3 weeks in February. Nice and toasty it was too. :D

ExSimGuy
2nd May 2004, 18:08
Spent the last 4 weeks (and spending about one more week) in balmy 40 degree temperatures in Taif, SV-Land. :{

Can't get a cold Carlsberg (or Tetleys, or Boddingtons etc) or a nice tasty bacon sarnie. Plenty of "Bebsi" of course (but no chance of a Bacardi to go with it :ugh:

I think I'd trade for a long weekend in S****horpe :\

(what happened to my reference to "Scunforpe" - looks like Danny's auto swear-word detector doesn't like the place either!)

JustaFew
2nd May 2004, 18:12
Taking the family for a week to Majorca in June. First foreign holiday as a family, looking forward to it as we're renting a villa and hiring a car. In August, it's south Wales's time to suffer; 2 weeks in a cottage next to a sandy beach with washed-up jelly-fish. Yumm!!

Mac the Knife
2nd May 2004, 18:34
Just come back from 5 days canoeing down the Orange River between SA and Namibia with a whole bunch of friends. Took young Tom and the trouble-and-strife and had a fantastic time paddling downriver with various not too serious rapids. Sleeping in the open on the bank watching the Milky Way and the Southern Cross wheeling overhead.

Sheer magic.

http://www.felixunite.com/gallery.asp

Lost_luggage34
2nd May 2004, 18:53
I expect I shall visit the family villa in Cyprus.

Yearly visit is due to clear drains, replace immersion heater yawn,

Hate the place - it's a whole DIY series in the sun !

timmcat
2nd May 2004, 19:18
... if I can cadge some cheap flights and borrow a nice little villa to sleep 6 somewhere hot....

Otherwise its 2nd year in succession at home because: nice house + nice village + 4 kids + crap job = one skint TC. :{

spork
2nd May 2004, 19:43
Heading Hull way for a short break, taking in Rotherham, Leeds. Scünthorpe and Scarborough. Can't stand going abroad in the summer with all them holiday-makers...

Ripline
2nd May 2004, 22:08
Me and Mrs.Ripline are off mid-May for a drive across to Croatia for 10 days ballooning at the annual Balon Klub Zagreb bash. Nice country, nice weather, people and good grub and drink. Zagreb and Istria. Can't wait.....:O

Ripline

ExSimGuy
3rd May 2004, 03:21
Coconuts,

SV is the designator for Saudiarabianairlines - hence no Boddies :(

There is no "P" in the local alphabet - the nearest letter is a "B", so when "Pepsi" was first introduced out here people who couldn't pronounce a P called it "Bebsi"

"Bacardi & Bebsi" - got it? ;)

And you probably didn't consider that to be information that was vital to your enjoyment of life :p

twilightsglow
3rd May 2004, 06:28
I'm going to London in the first week of June. Visiting a very special guy. :D

angels
3rd May 2004, 08:55
Have the use of a friend's villa in Spain for a week in June.

Camping with the kids in late July in Dorset and then down to western Cornwall.

Lovely, although one hankers for Bali, Langkawi, Phuket etc which one used to go to when out in Asia.

Edited for appalling spelling....

Desert Nomad
3rd May 2004, 11:02
Off to Mexico for a friend's wedding in August.

Anyone recommend some interseting things to see and do in 10 days outside of Mexico city?

Cyrus664
6th May 2004, 17:11
I'm having a very special girl visiting me the first week of June ;)

I might try and persuade her to fly to Norway with me later on :D

twilightsglow
6th May 2004, 17:26
Do you think she'll go for that? ;)

Cyrus664
6th May 2004, 17:28
Hard to say. Depends on a lot of things, but that won't stop me from at least TRYING to persuade her :D

twilightsglow
6th May 2004, 17:39
Good luck. I think she'll go. :D

Cyrus664
6th May 2004, 17:43
Thanks! You really think so? :)

Hmm...this might turn out to be the best summer I've had in 6 years :D

BALIX
6th May 2004, 17:52
The Balix clan are off to Niagara Falls and then a couple of weeks in New England :p

We are going with Mrs Balix's brother and family which will be nice :p

We are also taking the mother-in-law :{

twilightsglow
6th May 2004, 17:58
You're most welcome.
I really do think so.

It looks like this is shaping up to be a fine summer for me as well. ;)

Cyrus664
6th May 2004, 18:03
Sweet! I will definitely ask her to come with me then :D

I hope you have a lovely summer with your guy. He's a lucky one ;)

IB4138
6th May 2004, 18:45
Please give advance warning if you are coming near me!

I escape the Costa to get away from you tourists! Marbella and Fuengirola are unbearable with all you Johnny Foreigners about!
I can't get in me favourite restaurants and bars for you lot cluttering up the place.

To try to put you off .........Beer supplies are low this year.:E

Cyrus664
6th May 2004, 19:55
Coconuts:
Coo chee coo, lovey dovey, lovers lanes, ohh ahh! Give er a kiss then mate, what ya waiting for??? ;)

Coco :D

I just might do that :O

AeroSpark
6th May 2004, 20:55
Ours is the most glamorous yet! Off to Butlins for a week on the 17th of this month. OK not exactly the other side of the world but the kids (3+5) love it. (just remember to take by own beer, £2.60 a pint!).
Going to take the nippers on their first 'proper' camping trip this year too:ok: (a night in a New Forest campsite anyway:p )

Paracab
14th Jun 2004, 13:09
Just thought I would quickly say that in a few hours time I am off to take the holiday that I mentioned at the start of the thread.

Will be thinking of you all working hard (sounds likes its gonna be hotter in the UK though!)

Anyone else off shortly ?

See you in a week... (If I can't find internet access abroad that is :ok: )

:cool: :D :)

Av18tor
14th Jun 2004, 20:20
Para,
was going to say try Crete if you havent been there yet, I go to a place called Aghios Nikalaos, its a wonderful romantic sort of place, wonderful harbour, fantastic resteraunts, great diving and well, brill people! Really worth visiting.

Has something to do for the kids too, historical trips, walks, water sports and fun parks boat trips...loads and loads to do... and too upmarket for the usual lager louts.

I have friends who rent appartments with some of the most fantstic and breath taking sea views ever which keeps the cost down... Oh for the end of august! :ok:

The_Banking_Scot
14th Jun 2004, 20:33
Hi,

TBS is off on 25th June flying BA to YYZ then AC to Montreal & Quebec for one week.

At the end of September it is BA to PHX then HP to Las Vegas for a week and back to PHX for a relaxing week by the Hilton Tapatio Cliffs prior to the flight back. (NCW)

Happy holidays to all.

Regards

TBS

Noah Zark.
14th Jun 2004, 21:45
We're rather lucky this year, being fortunate enough to make up for not having any hols. last year.
Already been to New York.
In August, going on the Norfolk Broads (46ft. cruiser, should creat havoc with that!).
A week in a huge static luxury caravan with the family in Autumn.
And sometime in between, Mrs. Zark and self are taking a week and hopefully grabbing a last-minute deal to paddle in the Med. or Aegean.
(Fingers crossed, the best laid plans of mice and men, etc.) :D

Huck
15th Jun 2004, 09:18
Can't believe I'm the first to be heading to Oshkosh - 9 days in the rolling Wisconsin farmland (~26C) - leaving Alabama in July (~35C). It is a huge meeting of Good People, with airplanes thrown in.

I've made it every year but 3 since 1987. PM if you're heading on over....

a is dum
15th Jun 2004, 10:00
Angels ,

"Camping with the kids in late July in Dorset and then down to western Cornwall."

Any site in westren Cornwall you can recommend?

Taildragger55
15th Jun 2004, 10:28
Two weeks pottering around the canals and restaurants in France with another couple. Maybe try to fly something while I am there.
Dreading catching up on two weeks of Jetblast when I get back. I'll prolly need to stay late at work.:(

Maxflyer
15th Jun 2004, 10:58
Spend a fair amount of time in Devon, long weekends mainly. A while back had a fascinating and relaxing time in Sri Lanka, with some test cricket thrown in. Week after next Mrs MF and moi are taking a canal boat along the Grand Union Canal.

Tommyinyork
15th Jun 2004, 14:55
A week in Tenerife from the 25th June flying for Teesside on a Spainair MD83.

Boy_From_Brazil
15th Jun 2004, 15:22
Most people would probably like a holiday in Ipanema, however, we are going to Andalucia to our villa in the mountains. I dont care if we ever see the beach......

I cant wait to glut myself on the local tapas and good Rioja.

BFB

Rugz
15th Jun 2004, 15:44
Week or so in Wales with my g/f, my best mate and his g/f at the end of September. Should be nice and quiet.

Also, off to Vienna for 5 days in early September. Love that place!