PDA

View Full Version : Best Office - XP or 2003

pilotwolf
30th Apr 2004, 18:03
Got the opportunity to purchase either Office XP or Office 2003 for under £20, through a work/MS deal.

But need to know which is the best version.

Running Win XP on both machine, both Pentium 3 and 4 machines with 1056MB ram.

PW.

HelenD
30th Apr 2004, 18:09
Well the later version of the two in theory will be the best as it should have had any major bugs found in the earlier version fixed. I am still using Office 200 here so cannot comment on which one is actually the better version.

goates
30th Apr 2004, 19:35
I haven't used OfficeXP, but am using Office 200 at wotk and 2003 at home. I like 2003 a little more as they have a few small usability features that actually I will actually use. They changed the way Outlook works so it isn't as vulnerable as previous versions were to viruses. I also bought it through a work/MS deal and got the full professional version for less than what I would have paid for the basic version elsewhere. If they're the same price, get Office 2003 as you'll be able to use it longer before MS does something to force an upgrade.

goates

mini
30th Apr 2004, 23:26
I am using Office 2000 and have an Office 2003 CD but have hesitated to install it because I'm worried about being able to share docs etc with other users on our network who are using 2000. Is this a valid point? I'm aware that I can select an older version when saving a file but it just seems like too much hassle.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st May 2004, 16:30
pilotwolf,

If you can get both for the same price, then 2k3 is the way to go. ;)

Take Care,

Richard

pilotwolf
1st May 2004, 19:40
Thanks all - opted for 2003.... decided that as it's the latest edition it would be silly to go for the older one!

There appears to be some advantage to working for the NHS after all!

PW