PDA

View Full Version : Possible PA34 job.....

scroggs
30th Apr 2004, 13:49
I've heard about this around the bazaars. Now, I have nothing to do with this operation, so I'm not advertising(!), but if anyone feels that they have the ability to do carry out some office work, while getting 6 or so hours a week traffic-spotting on a PA34, then listen up. You'll need 250 hours or so and the PA34 reating, and I doubt there's a lot of money in it, but it may be worth e-mailing this address ([email protected]). Good luck.

Scroggs[

Ex Oggie
1st May 2004, 17:13
I'm guessing this is the one out of Southend? Not a bad little number, plenty of the day to yourself, and some bar or door work in the evenings to supplement the income and pay for the B&B!

Sound fun with summer coming :ok:

hifive11
3rd May 2004, 07:56
Scroggs

Thanks for the information - every little bit helps

:D

Hi5

expedite_climb
3rd May 2004, 08:10
EX Oggie,

I dont know anything about it, but from the email address it appears it is Centreline - which is the charter company based at Bristol Flying Centre. A nice professional set up.

Oh, and a few years ago the traffic girl was gooooorrrgeous!

Great Circle
3rd May 2004, 10:15
Didn't know you needed at "Rating" to fly a PA34. If I remember correctly that is a Seneca, isn't it? No specific "Type Rating" for that A/C. So if you have a ME Land rating then all you need to do is read the POH and learn the checklists. In other words you only need Familiarity Training needed-right?

Flying Farmer
3rd May 2004, 11:05
GC you are right in that a MEP covers the PA34, I think what Scroggs may be getting at is that you may need to be base checked on the aircraft. With some of the air taxi operators you will also need a number of sectors line training, don't know if this is the case for this paticular job.

Flying Farmer

Ex Oggie
3rd May 2004, 17:52
expedite_climb
I believe Martin has a BFC Seneca based at both Coventry and Southend, so that must be the one.

Would this not be classed as aerial work, or has that definition disappeared into the ether with JAA? I am a little out of the loop on the regs, as you may have guessed :O

ExO

dickon
3rd May 2004, 18:28
Is this a british registered plane?

Or a privately owned 'N' reg?

Requiring an FAA cert.

Phil Brockwell
4th May 2004, 07:51
Aircraft is g REG, and operates as public transport. The plan is for someone who can fly traffic spotting 3 mornings, (2 hrs per day) and make up the rest of the day updating aerads, sending handling requests etc.

Guys, do me a favour, despite the fact that I'd love to chat with you about what a great time you had training in Oxford, please don't call me at 21:00 on a Saturday night, or at all, send a CV, if you have 250-300 hours, 40 multi, and 100 P1,

Base and line checks will be either bonded, or as part of the salary package.

Phil

nasib
4th May 2004, 19:28
expedite_climb said

"Oh, and a few years ago the traffic girl was gooooorrrgeous!"

Nasib says: It's a different girl now but equally "gooooorrrgeous"

How goes it e_p ?

Nasib

Snigs
5th May 2004, 10:47
Nasib,

That said then, you'll need a particularly ugly pilot so as not to distract her from her job. I think I'm particularly well suited, don't you!?

;)

Phil Brockwell
5th May 2004, 10:56
Ugly pilot? you mean there are non-ugly ones?

:E

hifive11
5th May 2004, 12:08
Only one answer - non ugly girl pilot

:ok:

scroggs
5th May 2004, 14:30
You putting yourself forward there, hifive? Can you prove you qualify? ;)

hifive11
5th May 2004, 15:39
Ugly or not is in the eye of the beholder - maybe blindfolds required!

Girl or guy - yes I can prove that :ok:

Crosswind Limits
7th May 2004, 11:31
Does anyone know if the post has been filled? I applied last weekend by e-mail but have heard nothing yet. I presume Phil Brockwell had hundreds of cvs to look at!:uhoh:

Phil Brockwell
7th May 2004, 11:37
Post hasn't been filled yet, I've had about 100 CV's, in order to shortlist, have weedled out the ones with too few / too many (yes I know). I have a few with previous ops experience, and trained at BFC which is our preference, so will have a finalised shortlist on Monday. Will then invite a few for interview blah blah.

Phil

Shockwaves
7th May 2004, 13:55
Can you tell us how many is too many hours please?

Phil Brockwell
7th May 2004, 13:56
More than 300 ish, depending on other work experience.

Phil

Shockwaves
7th May 2004, 14:00
Thanks for prompt reply.

It's good to know as no longer have to wait with baited breath for the infamous job offer!

If possible, please could you let me know why there is a restriction on the maximum hours?

With thanks.

Phil Brockwell
7th May 2004, 14:10
The job is predominantly an Ops roll, with some flying, as oppose to a flying job with some Ops. Although you are all fully trained as pilots, most are not trained in our Ops procedures. Higher houred pilots will be more likely to disapear to either our charter operations, or another airline within a shorter amount of time.

You see we want an ops guy, but are willing to let him off 6 hours a week to go flying twins, in return for us offering a lower salary.

Phil

Ahem....or her obviously.

Phil

Splat
7th May 2004, 14:44
Wow, It's quite something when 300 hours is too much!

Phil Brockwell
7th May 2004, 15:00
Its a fairly unique scenario, normally we take people with 400 if trained at BFC or 500-600 if trained elsewhere.

Phil

nasib
7th May 2004, 19:01
Snigs,

I can't comment on your attractiveness!

But I don't suppose you could afford the pay cut.

Nasib

Snigs
10th May 2004, 13:43
Nasib,

Pay-cut, who cares! It would be job satisfaction itself, just to be able to file your flight plans! :p

Country Lad
11th May 2004, 13:28
Just to point out to everyone, just had a reply back from Phil saying FNPTII does not count, so all Ab intio guys and girls will be ruled out unless they have done alot of extra hours. Hopefully I will have better luck next time.

:(

hifive11
11th May 2004, 13:54
Back to the drawing board :sad:

November Whiskey
14th May 2004, 08:38
Does anyone know if the job has been filled yet?

Regards,
NW

:cool:

Phil Brockwell
14th May 2004, 10:52
Hi all

Just a quick note to save me replying individually to the 240 CV's (yes 240) that I received. If you haven't heard from me yet you didn't make the final cut. I have kept quite a few CV's for future use, we have quite an ambitious aircraft purchase programme this year, and obviously replacement staff as the more experienced guys move on to bigger (and better?) things.

Good luck to the shotlisted.

Phil

scroggs
14th May 2004, 19:46
On that note, I think all future correspondence on the subject should be direct with Phil. I've bent the rules far enough!

Scroggs