PDA

View Full Version : Man's stomach falls out....

timmcat
30th Apr 2004, 13:39
Bit gruesome, here's (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3673031.stm) the story.

Ozzy
30th Apr 2004, 13:59
It wasn't that the bottom fell out of his world, it was that the world fell out of his, well, err never mind...:uhoh:

Ozzy

lasernigel
30th Apr 2004, 14:55
Had he eaten something heavy for lunch?

Paterbrat
30th Apr 2004, 15:17
Never never piss your wife off after a heavy meal and when she has a carving knife in her hands!!!

As for Ozzy's comment, people who spend a lot of time sitting can suffer from a complaint that might just lead to that situation...

karrank
2nd May 2004, 14:39
That should read:

"Following his re-admittance to hospital, Mr Sternats was reported to be in STAPLE condition..."

More proof that the famous Queensland fighting foam, Fourex, rots yer guts...

Kalium Chloride
2nd May 2004, 15:23
I love the quote at the end:

A spokeswoman for the Royal College of Surgeons of England told BBC News Online: "Operations should be carried out so that does not happen."

No f:mad: ing sh:mad: t !!

BlueDiamond
2nd May 2004, 15:29
A spokeswoman for the Royal College of Surgeons of England told BBC News Online: "Operations should be carried out so that does not happen."
No sh!t Sherlock!

:rolleyes:

ssultana
2nd May 2004, 17:14
Not that uncommon actually! In my family we have many doctors. One of them as a surgeon was called to a hernia repair job were a guys intestine had started worming its way out the hole once the op was started, (hernia ops are done under sedatives not general sometimes, so if a patient starts moving around...) whole length of intesine pops out!

Anyway they packed them back in, where he is fine now.

Mac the Knife
2nd May 2004, 18:23
Alarming for the patient, but for a surgeon it's about as exciting as a go-around for a pilot. Used to be much commoner in the days before modern methods of closure and suture materials.

[A spokeswoman for the Royal College of Surgeons of England told BBC News Online: "Operations should be carried out so that does not happen."]

Typical feeble remark from the RCS of today, who are now ruled by a bunch of PC toady lickspittle social workers and spend all their time sucking up to Bliar and his coterie of whimpering bumsuckers.

pigboat
2nd May 2004, 19:27
It's a pity BD can't post her pic of..well, it ain't a stomach falling out. It's a little further down the alimentary tract. :D :uhoh:

mini
2nd May 2004, 19:42
I had the unfortunate experience of being present when a poor sod was lacerated accross his stomach, he didn't survive sadly. It has always stuck in my mind that the intestines were so tightly packed that they seemed to need twice the space thay occupied.

Apologies for the gruesome description but it has amazed me to this day.

:sad:

Feline
2nd May 2004, 21:37
Hey MtK - seems you don't have a very high opinion of the RCS - would love to hear what you would have to say about something/someone who REALLY p*ss*d you off!