PDA

View Full Version : Bmi

J2004
30th Apr 2004, 12:02
Hi there! Once again here I'am trying to reach one of my life goals wich is being cabin crew!
First of all I would like to know if somebody can help with this my question!
Whats the best for applying to BMI?? Does anybody knows there web site or any usefull e-mail! Any help would be highly gratefull!

Another thing, this one related to Thomas Cook, Britannia and Excel Airways! This airlines that I've just mentioned, only recruit cc for the summer season, so its mainly temporay contract, my doubt is how in this cases can a cc have a permanent position in the company?!!!!??

Thanks a lot for all your help! This a 5***** forum!!

Take care! :D ;) :ok:

Tiger
30th Apr 2004, 12:21
www.flybmi.com

...and bmi isn`t that wonderful to work for. However, see it as a stepping stone for things better...BA for one. Also see Virgin Atlantic.

The other airlines you are interested in offer 6 month contacts and should you be good at the job you will be asked back. Sometimes it takes 2-3 years to become perm. cabin crew.

pollypocket36
1st May 2004, 08:46
Hey there, I work for them and its very true, they are not the best co to work. However, it is very good money compared to other airlines and you get good and bad days. In addition they do offer a permanent contract.

If you need to contact them you need to ask directory enq and ask for:

bmi Training Centre
Stockley Close

I will say that we have the best bunch of crew in the industry. We always have fab days and just get on with it.

Good luck with the interview day

Tiger
1st May 2004, 09:02
While not trying to get into a slanging match on bmi, after my 10+ years of working for them I wouldn`t call the money good. In fact its a high-ish basic but you get screwed on the allowances. Hourly rate when I was there reached the dizzy height of £1.07 an hour (1998) which I believe has increase some what.

Crews were good. Management went down a bulling method at times. Staff travel excellent. Worked 4-5 sectors daily, with rosters changing regularly. Days off crewing called to change your weeks work....etc

Like I said VS, BA worth a look. Charter carriers are different.

J2004
1st May 2004, 10:22
Hi guys!
Thank you very much indeed for giving me another vision from BMI! Any way I think I will try with them! What do you think about it?!
I believe that their interview day must be pretty similar with the other uk airlines! Or do they have something diferent?!

Its all for now! Once again thanks a lot to all of you!

Take care my friends
:D :ok:

stanleystan
2nd May 2004, 15:05
Hi!
I too have always wanted to be cc and decided to apply about a week ago. I saw an advert for BMI crew on aviationjobsearch.com and applied on-line and had a call two days later inviting me to a recruitment day. It's on Thursday and I don't have a clue what to expect! Can anyone help me out?

stanleystan
5th May 2004, 18:26
Hi!
Thanks for the info! It sounds like I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow!!!! I'm getting quite excited though, hopefully it'll be fine!

flya2b
5th May 2004, 23:19
Tiger,

sorry if i sound rude but if you are unhappy with BMI then please leave, I have worked for BMI for over 10 years, and am still there, and have no plans to leave, that should tell you something..........why are you still there????

Tiger
6th May 2004, 06:30
Dear Fly

Think if you read my posting, it is in past tense...so I have left. [were you not my little friend who "screemed" I should be a dinner lady?? apologys if you were not, the post was deleted]

I`m pleased you are happy at bmi and I`m sure a few others are as well. Yes I was there for over 10 years like yourself, however I am allowed to have an opinion! No I didn`t hate the place however, I left to do better and more interesting things and moved on before I disliked what I was doing at the company. It maybe an idea to stop telling people to leave companies and what they should do and say. You are entitled to agree and disagree with postings on pprune. All I have posted is how I found the company and looking back. You know full well what went on at certain bases....and depending what side of the fence you were on, your bias. I think you would find I was the neutral person in the base, although given a hard time by one/two people there. On leaving I found out a dam sight more which I wasn`t too impressed with.

OzzieO
6th May 2004, 08:43
Fly,

Think you will find that Tiger was expressing their opinion. This is a forum for doing so and I don't think your response of "If you don't like it then leave" is neither helpful or warranted.

I think if I was thinking about a career as cabin crew I would want to be well informed as to who is good to work for and who isn't. Tiger was simply relating their experience of the airline.

Yours is a good experience so therefore thats good that you relate that on here but like I said nothing will be gained by making comments like "leave".

stanleystan
8th May 2004, 16:11
Hi!
Well I went for the interview and got through to the second section. I had a message left on my answer phone yesterday asking me to ring them back on Monday. I hope it's good news!!!!
I was really impressed with the staff there. People were having their lunch and were coming over and wishing us luck e.t.c It was a really fun and informative day!!!!

Tiger
9th May 2004, 04:33
Stanleystan hopefully the phone call will be news you wish to hear. Good Luck and wish you all the best.

;)

One day I`ll tell you a funny little story.....

thomas_ba
9th May 2004, 21:21
Hi

Well Done you've deffo got the job! They never call you up to inform you if you've not got the job. you usually get a letter in 1-2 weeks if your ot successful.

Im sure you've got it! Well done again!

Thomas :D

stanleystan
10th May 2004, 16:48
Hello!
Yeah I rang bmi today and they told me I got the job! I'm so happy! I can't wait to start! I'm finally going to be joining you all in the skies!!!!!

Jeff Stryker
13th May 2004, 19:15
I would like to know what kind of flying do the crew based at LHR working for BMI get? Is it seniority based/allocated?
Is there any flexibility? Can you request days off? Do you get any layovers - where and how many a month?
Thanks for any info!