PDA

View Full Version : application question

pcboy
29th Apr 2004, 06:00
"Why do you want to be a pilot?"

How did u answer that in your application form? How long did you wait after submitting your application before you got notify for an interview.

Thanks!

Pilot Pete
29th Apr 2004, 08:43
pcboy

There is absolutely no point in someone answering that question for you. What they want to know is why you want to be a pilot, not why anybody else does. If you don't know why you want to do it then why are you doing it? There is no 'right' answer that all successful candidates will use and a 'wrong' answer that will fail you.

What you have to try to do, which is where most people (who are unsuccessful) seem to let themselves down is be specific, tell them why, tell them what it is about flying that 'floats your boat', put a bit of emotion into telling them it and you won't go wrong. Make sure it's realistic, for example don't tell them it's the thought of laying on a beach with 15 hosties when the interview is for a Fedex job, show that you have done some research and can tie in what you say you want with what they have to offer and you will sound credible and realistic, which is what they are after. Be yourself.

Best of luck.

PP

ashleyeagles
29th Apr 2004, 22:01
I agree with the point above, this is a very difficult question for someone other than yourself to answer. If you want to be a pilot that much then you should be able to answer the question yourself.

Although I don't fly at present I'm hoping at some point to land (no pun intended) a job on a sponsorship scheme at some point.

With regards to why I want to do it...... put it like this, im that passionate about this chosen career that I feel like it runs in my blood - I know it may sound tacky, but thats how much I want it!

If you want it just as bad, you should be able to come up with a reasonable answer!

pcboy
30th Apr 2004, 05:53
Yes, I agree with both of you. But I am not good at using words. I want to be a commerical pilot because the passion and feeling is there. but itz hard to explain the passion and feeling in words. and i am not good at expressing my feelings, especially when i have to do it in writing.

Pilot Pete
30th Apr 2004, 09:12
pcboy

Send me an email or PM with your thoughts and I'll see if I can help you out.

PP