PDA

View Full Version : Idiots in suits - yes the government!

Feeton Terrafirma
23rd Aug 2001, 15:19
My hot water service had a blowout, and I have just spent $1200 to have a new "hot water service" only to discover that a few years back the government (Victoria, Australia)regulated the maximum outlet temperature to 50 C. So having forked out a fair chunk of money, I have a "warm water service". The reason for this is to "protect" people from hot water burns.

So for 40 plus years I was at risk due to government negligence in not dealing with this problem? I think I better sue! (right after I frig with my new system to make the water HOT)

dingducky
23rd Aug 2001, 16:03
did you know that 50C is the ideal temperture for legionaires diease to grow in
just something else to think about :( :p

You want it when?
23rd Aug 2001, 16:07
How do they get those Kepi hats with the sun veil into the boiler I want to know.

golden_hands
23rd Aug 2001, 17:07
Yep Dingy you're right, the water should at least be 60C to avoid legionairs. Over here, a couple of years ago about 20 people were killed by it after they had been at a flower exibition. :(

tony draper
23rd Aug 2001, 17:39
I understand why them Turegs shoot at Frenchmen in forts, but to shoot people at a flower show is despicable. ;)

Don D Cake
23rd Aug 2001, 20:03
Is the heat from your cookers and fires limited? Do you suffer from salmonella poisoning and cold feet often? What about your freezers? They shouldn't be too cold or you could get an ice burn.

I think we should be told.

Wooden chopping boards are banned from catering establishments even though there is an enzyme in wood that kills bugs and makes them more hygenic than plastic boards.

Tricky Woo
23rd Aug 2001, 20:29
Herr Draper,

A good jest... or as the French would say: "un beau geste". (Ho-ho-ho).

As for accusing the legionaires of murdering people at a flower show: have natural causes been considered? Have you seen the average age of people at Chelsea? I went there once and reduced the average attendee's age below 70 for the first time in years. Anyway, everyone knows that Legionaires are crap shots.

TW

Send Clowns
23rd Aug 2001, 23:20
Oi, Tricky, don't you know that most Legionaires learnt to shoot in the finest fighting force in the world - that's right, the British Army (the French Foreign Legion is (or was) practically run by ex-British Army senior NCOs)