PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a job in Namibia

arugbarbarroja
28th Apr 2004, 20:43
Hi, I´m trying to get a work in Namibia.
I have 2500TT, 1000 in several SE (800pic) and 1500 in Embraer 120. JAR ATPL. I´m from Spain and speaks English and Portuguese (Spanish too, of course).
I would like to know something about the wages.

I think there is an Embraer 120 in Mozambique do you know if they are looking for pilots, are there more Embraers in Africa?

Regards

28th Apr 2004, 23:26
The aircraft in Mozambique is probably Charlan's (http://www.charlanair.co.za/) . Dont think there are any Embrears in Namibia, lots of C210s though:}

arugbarbarroja
29th Apr 2004, 07:00
Thanks for the info. I was visiting Charlan Air web page and I saw the nice Brasilia they have.
What do you think about Charlan?
The Embraer in Mozambique is operated by LAM. You can have a look in www.lam.co.mz clicking in "sobre nós" (= about us), and after in "nossa frota" (=our fleet)
Do you know if LAM recruit pilots?
I suppose that in Namibia there aren´t Embraers, but Do you know if Air Namibia recruit pilots or others companies does? and how they use to do to select pilots.

Thanks a lot, and have good flights.

29th Apr 2004, 09:28
As far as I know, it is Charlan's aircraft that LAM is using.
As to Air Namibia: I cant even remember the last time they took foreign pilots. The company is too small and they have plenty of local pilots waiting in line.
You could always try Westair (http://www.westwing.com.na/)
They fly charters and such and have been know to employ from time to time.
You could also try COMAV. Dont have a website, but I hope this helps:
Postal Address Box 80300, Windhoek
Telephone+ 264 61 227512
Facsimile+ 264 61 245612
They fly some of Air Namibia's flights and have a share in Air Namibia as well.
Good luck.

arugbarbarroja
29th Apr 2004, 12:07
Thanks a lot for the info.
What planes does COMAV have?
In other hand, what have I have to do to obtain a namibian flight licence? Does it easy?
I´m very grateful to you.
Do you live in Namibia?
Greetings from Spain

29th Apr 2004, 19:43
Sorry am not in Nam. Comav has a mix of planes from C501, F406 to C210 (I think) more or less like Westair. There are a few guys on this forum from Nam who could give you more clarity....

arugbarbarroja
29th Apr 2004, 20:06
Hi 126,7 thanks for yor cooperation.
I think I´m going to wait if someone of the Namibians want to help me.
You flight a very good plane, looking for a f/o? If yes, send me an e-mail.:cool:

lowflare
2nd May 2004, 14:20
Hi,

Try Capital Airlines from Abuja. They do operate 120's and they do have shortage of pilots because I keep seing same two guys flying the plane all day long. Every day of course. But this is so common for Nigeria. Presently there is a ban on employing f/o's from abroad imposed by Ministry of Aviation, but who knows maybe it is valid only for companies not having good connections, so I suggest you give it a go. All the best...

Lowflare

arugbarbarroja
3rd May 2004, 14:03
I´m looking for info abuot Capital Airlines from Abuja, and I can´t get anything, I got in Nairobi, but no in Abuja. Could anybody give me more info about this airline?

ZMohamed
3rd May 2004, 17:07
Hi there,

I obtained my CPL with Multi Engine instrument rating in South Africa. Would appreciate if someone could advice me on possibilities of finding a job in Namibia (for safaris or scenic flights, etc). I am holding ratings for PA28, PA30 (twin commanche), C152 and C150. I am willing to obtain a C210 rating if required.

Cheers