PDA

View Full Version : Iranian view of Pilots

Mariner9
28th Apr 2004, 17:31
Some Iranians obviously hold pilots in high professional esteem, as the following news extract shows...

"But Sa'dollah Nasiri-Qeydari, head of the Astronomical Society of Iran, told Reuters the stories were unfounded.

"In my opinion, flying saucers do not exist," he said, insisting his telescopes would have picked up invaders from outer space.

"The people who have seen these things are not experts - farmers, villagers and pilots," he added.""

:hmm:

M9

Davaar
28th Apr 2004, 17:39
Well, how many in the named groups have ever seen a saucer?

airship
28th Apr 2004, 17:57
Haven't seen any saucers around since they brought out Snoopy mugs... :sad:

tony draper
28th Apr 2004, 17:59
I keep telling you earthmen,there int no such thing.

:rolleyes:

Send Clowns
28th Apr 2004, 22:46
I'm not sure the Iranian I teach groundschool to actually has faith in pilots either, or believes in flight. Great fun though, I like Persians.

ehwatezedoing
29th Apr 2004, 02:48
Maybe if he start calling this "flying carpets" instead of saucers, Sa'dollah Nasiri-Qeydari will get positive reports...:p

El Grifo
29th Apr 2004, 08:17
Alternatively, perhaps if he partook in a couple of Islay Single Malts, his vision would improve dramatically.

It certainly helps keeps the Nessie story alive.
:8 :cool: :8

Mariner9
29th Apr 2004, 16:56
Don't suppose anyone would report flying pigs there either :D

mini
29th Apr 2004, 19:55
El Grifo,

Islay Single Malts are plentiful in said place.

You order through an "agent", taxi calls to your house thet evening with a box that once housed a washing machine, nod nod etc.

By the time you've got through the multiple layers of wrapping, there stands a bottle of Scotlands finest!

Ooops! now the cat is out of the bag...

:{