PDA

View Full Version : BA lounge at Gatwick

atco-matic
28th Apr 2004, 15:22
The information on www.ba.com says that the lounge for Club passengers is in the Meridien hotel, and it seems to imply that it is for arrivals only. Is this correct? Is there no lounge for departures? Has anybody used this lounge? How does it compare with the lounges at Heathrow? Thanks.

chippy63
29th Apr 2004, 12:00
I guess that it is the arrivals lounge.
For departing passengers, there is a very good set of lounges, First and Pavillion. You won't be disappointed.:ok:

Globaliser
29th Apr 2004, 21:08
I think chippy63 may mean First and Terraces. IIRC, the First lounge is pretty new and reportedly pretty good, just rather lacking in the window department. The Terraces is a two level affair; I prefer upstairs.

To get to the lounges, go through security. Turn left and go to the far left corner of the departures area as you are then looking at it. You should then see signs for BA's and DL's lounges, which are approached through the same corridor.

Bluejay
29th Apr 2004, 21:28
We have two main lounge areas at LGW, main one is in Departures as Globaliser says and the other is the Arrivals Lounge in Le Meridien, I believe that this is for First pax and Gold Card holders, I could be wrong, if so I am sure that Bealine or one of my other colleagues will correct me.

Rgds

Bluejay

atco-matic
29th Apr 2004, 22:03
ok thanks guys... www.ba.com would appear to be incorrect as it only lists the arrivals lounge at gatwick and makes no mention of the terraces lounge in departures.

UFGBOY
30th Apr 2004, 07:48
In there couple of Sundays ago about 730 pm - not a sandwich to be had - just nuts crisps etc - mentioned to lounge hostess - oh we've run out....

chippy63
4th May 2004, 13:38
Globaliser,
Right, I meant First and Terraces. Thanks:ok:

Globaliser
5th May 2004, 12:30
UFGBOY: In there couple of Sundays ago about 730 pm - not a sandwich to be had - just nuts crisps etc - mentioned to lounge hostess - oh we've run out....But the last time I was there, I noticed a small bottle of a dessert wine in the wine chiller - a Willi Opitz Trockenbeerenauslese. I was convinced, as I savoured a glass of it, that it must have escaped out of the First lounge.

bealine - If you can faithfully promise me that this is regular stock in the LGW Terraces, I promise I will fly through LGW more often. :)