PDA

View Full Version : Copying photos to CD-R

Standard Noise
28th Apr 2004, 13:25
Help!

I've got a bit of a problem with the damned infernal machine and hope that one of you pprune experts can help me.

I'm using Win XP home, and have a Nero5 burning Rom programme installed. Having just come back from Noisy jr's rugby tour, I promised several other parents a cd with the pics on, but can't get them onto a disc.

Using the XP set up, when I click on "copy to cd", it tells me "D:/ is not accessible, incorrect function". Not being computer literate, I have no idea what to do next.

If I use the Nero programme, it takes me through the options and then asks for the Nero file name (at which point it tells me that the file ends in .nrg). Since I haven't a clue what the file name is, I'm stumped. When I try to give it the folder name with .nrg attacahed on the end, it tells me that the file name is invalid and I'm back to square one.

Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong (apart from using equipment which is far too technologically advanced for my little brain!)?

:uhoh:

spannersatcx
28th Apr 2004, 19:59
a nero .nrg file is an image file, normally when you copy or backup something in nero it creates an image file.

It sounds to me that you are not set up correctly. To write the pics to a cd (I'm assuming they are .jpg) you need to be writing a data disk. It would be a bit difficult to go through it here. I would suggest (not being rude) to read the help files it explains it well in there.

If you write all the pics in one go then it will be a single session disk and not a multi session. I'd stick to single session to start with.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
29th Apr 2004, 18:02
Standard Noise,

With WinXP you can drag and drop the Pix on your CD-RW Drive and Windows will start the burning wizard for you, without needing to use Nero.

Give it a try to see if the problem is Software or Hardware Related.

Take Care,

Richard

Standard Noise
30th Apr 2004, 09:57
Thanks guys, I'll try everything you have suggested.

Mike - There is no "copy to CD" but there is a "copy to folder" command but when I tried that yesterday, it told me "D:/ is not accessible incorrect function". Today it is telling me that windows cannot read the disc (an empty cd-r) and that the disc is not formatted, so it won't let me proceed.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st May 2004, 15:53
Standard Noise,

Have you tried a different brand of CD-R? (Use CD-Rs not CD-RWs.)

Take Care,

Richard