PDA

View Full Version : Address bar gone!

BMM389EC
28th Apr 2004, 09:10
Help! All of a sudden, through no doing of my own ( I think!) my address bar is gone-where you type www.whatever! How do I get it back and why has it decided to go on holiday!?

ck4707
28th Apr 2004, 09:14
Assuming you are using IE. If so click on View, Toolbars and make sure Address Bar is ticked.

BMM389EC
28th Apr 2004, 09:19
It is-if I uncheck it and then recheck it all that changes is the word "Address" appears on the far right hand side of the bar where your "Back,Favourites etc" bar is.If I try and click on the word nothing happens. Still no where to write in an address?

amanoffewwords
28th Apr 2004, 09:34
Sounds like you might need to unlock the toolbar (View --> Toolbars --> untick "lock the toolbar") and then move the address part of the toolbar to a location of your choosing (the mouse icon moves to a cross symbol to allow you to move the components of the toolbar).

Then lock the toolbar back into place.

hth
Charles

Ausatco
28th Apr 2004, 10:04
BMM,

Assuming you are using Internet Explorer ...

Make your browser show the word "Address" over to the right, as you have described.

Just to the left of that word there is a vertical row of grey dots. Move your mouse pointer to those dots - the pointer will change to a double-headed horizontal arrow, sort of like this <-->

Now you can move the address bar wherever you like. While you have the <--> pointer showing you can drag the toolbar by clicking and holding the left mouse button while you move the mouse. As you move your address toolbar amongst other existing toolbars they will move about to accommodate it.

Since your layout got screwed up somehow you may have to repeat the process with other toolbars. They all have that row of grey dots that will cause a <--> cursor, so you can grab and move them all until you get your configuration back the way you like it.

HTH

AA

BMM389EC
28th Apr 2004, 10:46
Excellent. It worked! Thanks guys!