PDA

View Full Version : Bristol - Oslo ?

under_exposed
28th Apr 2004, 08:32
Do any of you know a low cost route from Bristol to Oslo? (I do not expect it to be direct) or from another UK airport handy for Bristol?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Approach_plate
28th Apr 2004, 08:34
KLM operate out of both CWL and BRS. About 5 flights a day from each airport in to AMS. Should be able to pick up a connection there. Word of advice though, try to take hand luggage only as KLM and AMS are the best in the business when it comes to missing baggage.

Flightmapping
28th Apr 2004, 10:19
You could try duo from BHX (one stop via EDI), and obviously all the regulars from LHR / Ryanair to Torp from STN.

This would probably be easier than connecting flights. But if you want loco-loco, you might try:

EZ to GLA; FR PIK to TRP (change of airport - VERY long way round!)
EZ to AMS; Basiqair RTM to OSL (also a long way round)

Norwegian Air Shuttle (http://www.norwegian.no/) operate to various European cities, so you could co-ordinate that with somewhere EZ fly. The most logical matches would be SXF (Berlin)or PRG (Prague).

Findo
28th Apr 2004, 10:56
EZY to Edinburgh then DUO to Oslo.

bmi baby (Air Wales) Cardiff to Prestwick and RYR to Oslo

aeulad
28th Apr 2004, 11:04
I would say KLM BRS-AMS-OSL, for ease of use, being able to check luggage all the way through, and getting some form of inflight service, I think it wins hands down. Also in terms of missed connections, if you miss one in AMS they will still get you to OSL, if you miss the one a day connection in say EDI or PIK, you are stuffed!:sad:

Regards

Mike

Red Snake
28th Apr 2004, 12:30
Try:

www.bristolairport.co.uk/

Select destinations, scheduled, world wide connections

A page full of options. Now all you need to do is price them!

MerchantVenturer
28th Apr 2004, 13:09
I have used the KLM connection via AMS from BRS on numerous occasions over the years, usually for onward translantics, but also for European destinations, albeit with easyJet, Flybe and others serving more and more Euro destinations direct, AMS is not always 'required' any more.

I flew to Geneva last summer from BRS via AMS with KLM. No problems at all although, like many full service airlines, KLM's cabin service has deteriorated in terms of food and drink offered; a relatively minor whinge on shortish Euro sectors.

I think that Schipol is a superb airport for changing aircraft - its single terminal is well signposted and sensibly laid out with moving walkways, plenty of shops and an excellent view of the aprons for those who are interested.

Amsterdam does have a reputation for losing baggage, or at least delaying it. I have suffered twice but the first time was not the fault of Schipol because the service agent at Phoenix, Arizona showed by final destination as BRU instead of BRS on the baggage labels. I only noticed this when the baggage arrived at my home a day late.

The other occasion was when the loading vehicle could not get close enough to the Cityhopper F 50 because an invalid was being put on board, and we other passengers were kept on the bus between the loading vehicle and the aircraft. Once we moved out of the way there was apparently no time for the bags to be loaded. Half the passengers discovered they had no baggage on arrival at BRS but it all followed on the next 'plane two hours later and again was delivered to my home.