PDA

View Full Version : A Smelly Rat

tyrant
27th Apr 2004, 20:57
This all probably means nothing, BUT the facts are quite thought provoking. (Or maybe i'm just over analysing)

This Morning at 6am local, there was a Flight from Bloem, to Kigali. Said flight was operating under an SAAF Callsign. Now these flights aren't that unusual as they are troop relief flights. They are usually carried out with IL76's or sometimes SAAF B707's, But today ladies and gentlmen, it was an Air ZimBOBwe B762 Z-WPE.

Hmmmmmmm...........

V1 Rotate
27th Apr 2004, 21:31
Now that's what I call interesting!!

V1Rotate:cool:

B Sousa
27th Apr 2004, 21:53
Someone has been shopping at Makro

V1 Rotate
28th Apr 2004, 04:43
Zimbabwe's finance minister appeared in a Harare court on Monday to face charges of illegally funnelling close to $1.5-million of foreign currency out of the country, following his arrest at the weekend.

Maybe they're all in it together!

V1 Rotate:cool:

B Sousa
28th Apr 2004, 14:47
If Zims Finance Minister funneled $1.5 Mil out of the country and HE is still there, it just proves they are all dumber than a Box of Rocks.

mini
28th Apr 2004, 21:43
Obviously pi$$ed off Uncle Bob over a different issue...

Zim are so hard up for FX said a/c on said flight is no great suprise?

:ok:

planecrazi
5th May 2004, 05:22
118 SA troops stranded in DRC
04/05/2004 22:16__-_(SA)__
Pretoria - A total of 118 South African soldiers were stranded at Ndjili Airport in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo on Tuesday after there was a misunderstanding with the crew of an Air Zimbabwe plane.

The soldiers were from a United Nations peacekeeping force and were to have returned home earlier this week after almost seven months in the DRC.

The Air Zimbabwe plane was to have flown them home in accordance with an arrangement with the UN.

However, when the plane landed the crew failed to use UN coding when contacting the control tower, using civilian codes instead.

In addition, the name of the airline had been painted over and this made the DRC airport staff suspicious, said Colonel Kwena Mangope of the South African defence force.

The authorities seized the plane while DRC officials, the UN and the South African contingent apparently exchanged harsh words.

Will have to await another flight

The soldiers spent Tuesday at the airport in the scorching sun waiting to hear when they would be flown home, while their families worried back home.

The soldiers' luggage had been flown home earlier. Replacements had also stepped in and taken over from the group.

According to Mangope, AerSud Charter had made the Zimbabwean plane available.

This is not the first time the company's planes have been used to transport South African soldiers.

He said the charter company had offered the best price. He also said the soldiers would be taken to a camp in Kinshasa where they would wait for another flight.

A South African air force Boeing 707, that landed in Kinshasa on Tuesday was unable to pick up the soldiers as it had another schedule to keep.

This flight was apparently transporting cargo, which meant it was unable to pick up passengers.

Mangope said UN representatives, members of the South African contingent in the DRC and diplomats from the South African embassy were still embroiled in talks to have the Air Zimbabwe plane released late on Tuesday afternoon.118 SA troops stranded in DRC (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1521920,00.html) :confused:

Gunship
5th May 2004, 07:23
:p The UN keep's up it status at using third world countries to sort out some logistics.

The Ukranians / Russian's I could still understand but ZimBOBwe Airliner's being chartered to move SA troops ...

What a laugh a minute :p

Just shows you - they HAVE lost it ! :mad:

jonathanm5
5th May 2004, 13:15
Am I just a rascist - or could this happen in any other continent of the world?

Formally Known As
5th May 2004, 14:13
In answer, No and No

mini
6th May 2004, 19:30
Guns, got news for ya

Contributing countries to a peacekeeping mission sort out their own rotation logistics i.e. a/c, and then bill the UN...

Now it all makes sense

:sad:

RUDAS
7th May 2004, 08:52
When i read the title "a smelly rat',i thought you were talking bout B*O*B himself...:E :mad: :E :mad: :E