View Full Version : Army v Navy Twickenham 01MAY

FEBA
27th Apr 2004, 19:53
Any Navy or Army guys going to the match on Saturday (note the absence of crabs). If so, fancy a beer or two in the cabbage patch??
FEBA

AlanM
27th Apr 2004, 21:31
Note the lack of replies.

an ex Crab!!

tee hee:)

ScapegoatisaSolution
27th Apr 2004, 21:36
Might be worth it to see the Fijians kick seven shades of s@*t out of the fisheads....................

jockspice
27th Apr 2004, 23:31
FEBA

Yes indeed, massive presence planning on sinking the first beer at opening time. Just look for the flares and afro!

flygunz
28th Apr 2004, 12:04
Just wondering why there is no RAF Rugby involvement, could be historical but is the RAF somewhat shy of a real mans game that involves physical contact?
I also understand that some serious drinking occurs before, during and after the match, perhaps pink gin isn't available!!
:p

Come on you Army......

Low Ball
28th Apr 2004, 12:17
Gunz,

You obviously missed the diversity briefing.

Crabs always operate in even numbers so that they always have someone to dance with. Now if they fielded a team of 15 that would leave a wall flower. Fielding a team of 14 would be just too unfair.

Low Ball

flygunz
28th Apr 2004, 12:37
So who gets to lead or do they take it in turns? Maybe thats what Navs are for.

ScapegoatisaSolution
28th Apr 2004, 16:27
... or is it because the brown and dark blue jobbies don't have a real day job and have time for sport. Anyway the Army seems to have bought in its talent somewhat akin to that Association football fellow Roman Toomuchcash.

Anyway what is a 'Make 'n Mend Day' ?

Boy_From_Brazil
28th Apr 2004, 19:59
Flygunz

Try saying that to Rory Underwood........

BFB

CAC Runaway
29th Apr 2004, 07:15
I think you will find the RAF do play Rugby (though not very well). The RN beat them 49 to 5 last month and the Army beat them 46 to 6 last week at the RAF Festival of Rugby in Newbury!!!! Bring on the Navy on Saturday!!

flygunz
29th Apr 2004, 09:38
Did either of the Underwoods represent the RAF at Rugby or was it considered a sporting career foul to do so. One would think that with the RAF the size it is with all those shiny asses it would be able to produce more than one Rugby star. The Army I understand has produced a plethora of sporting icons both male and female.
Maybe the Airforce will represent itself someday at a mans game, I'm sure there is some testosterone somewhere.

ChristopherRobin
29th Apr 2004, 09:53
...yeah but is there any in the RAF male rugby team?

FEBA - see you there. I'll be the drunk one.

CAC Runaway
29th Apr 2004, 12:55
See you in the Cabbage Patch then everyone. CR i will say hi if i see you (i know who you are!!!).

SlopJockey
29th Apr 2004, 22:41
Having played for the light blue against both the fishheads and the pongoes I can vouch for the fact that the complete lack of a day job for both sides and the newly formed Fijian regiment do make a significant difference.

The ARU run a business that many civilian Rugby clubs would be proud to mirror, the Navy also have a significantly different approach whereas the RAFRU being the jolly good old wheezes that we are tend to be stuck in the amatuer days of the early eighties.

I have played alongside Underwood senior and against Rob Wainwright. We didn't lose either game in the final season the Light Blue played at Twickers but the commercial force that restrict the game to a weekday and the balance of day jobs restricts the attendence of supporters.

Best wishes to both teams and I hope it is a good day for it, I only wish I could still play to that level.

Chris Kebab
6th May 2004, 19:06
I can't stand the suspense any longer.

So who won then...

FEBA
7th May 2004, 07:37
I was in the Cabbage Patch from 1200 onwards carrying a 10 year old boy drinking a pint of shandy (they didn't know how to pour halves) on my shoulders. Wish I knew where that beautiful lady who sat next to us on the train from Vauxhall to Twickenham was? On the way home I did sit next to a crab who lived at Sleaford, I wondered why anybody who had escaped from Sleaford would want to go back?
FEBA

10forcash
7th May 2004, 15:42
Bit of a letdown really....sponsored by 'badboys' and nobody got a haircut - no 'grand slam's' either:yuk:
Cheers,
10forcash