PDA

View Full Version : Mexicana´s Fokker 100

m_v_s_86
27th Apr 2004, 18:59
As the new Airbus A-318 start to arrive to Mexican at the end of this year, the Mexican´s Fokker 100s will head to Aerocaribe (the regional airline of Mexicana) to replace their older DC-9s.

In other news, Mexican will receive its second Boeing B-767-300ER soon to start flights to Santiago de Chile. When Mexican has the four 767s it plans to have, will fly daily to Buenos Aires and will start charter flights to Milan and Frankfurt.:cool: :D

Squawk7777
23rd May 2004, 20:57
I don't know if the A318 will be good news for the F100 crews. Pilots that are already qualified on the A320/319 will be able to fly the A318. Therefore I have heard that MXA is planning to lay off the extra flight crews that are required for the F100 operation (Flight crew members covering the ones that are sick, on vacation, in training etc.)

It is good news for MXA because they can operate their fleer much more efficient (one aircraft type = less flight crews required). I feel sorry for the pilots that got laid off. The MXA management knew from the time the new pilots got hired that their use/lifespan as a pilot would be limited.

Additionally, it seems that Allegro has bitten the dust...

Seems to be a bad time for aviation in Mexico :uhoh: :ugh: :sad:

buffalowing
3rd Jun 2004, 19:37
A Mexicana llega el A318, a Aeromexico el 777 y a Aerolitoral ya llego el RJ. Regresan recortados a MXA. A litoral hace tiempo que regresaron. Tal vez no van tan mal en Mexico como dicen uds.

Mexicana is getting A318's, Aeromexico 777's and Aerolitoral has already taken delivery of RJ's. Mexicana is re-hiring some of its laid-off pilots. Aerolitoral re-hired some pilots a while ago. Maybe times are not as bad in Mexico as you'd say.

Squawk7777
13th Jun 2004, 05:10
Not sure, buffalowing. I certainly hope for the best. The baby-boomers will be filled by the laid-off guys sooner or later.

I think Aerolitoral has to keep up with Coex, since they started almost an invasion into Mexico (30+ destinations?). Let's not forget the B747 that Aeromexico had. All it did was sitting in a hangar in MEX - freshly painted.

7 7 7 7